Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    With Storm on Mars, Xavier incapacitated, Kate going ninja and Jean dead, and most everyone gone, Emma is by default the face of the remaining mutant kind.
    I like the Emma choice. If anyone could be smart enough, powerful enough, and ruthlessly cunning enough to earn her way into a group like the Illuminati, it would be Emma Frost. In many ways, she's just Moondragon with better hair and couture.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I enjoy Cantwell a lot, to me he is the best writer from this new batch - so this is a buy from me.
    That...is so depressing.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Cantwell writing Emma. I’m in.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I like the Emma choice. If anyone could be smart enough, powerful enough, and ruthlessly cunning enough to earn her way into a group like the Illuminati, it would be Emma Frost. In many ways, she's just Moondragon with better hair and couture.
    Nice summation of the attributes it takes to be a member of the Illuminati. Emma does fit perfectly.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I would have preferred if Xavier had kept his spot but Emma is tolerable to an extent. So long as she doesn't act like she's the leader or the others are not written down so as to push or prop her up is fine. I refuse to accept Blue Marvel, Strange or Reed being cowed or emasculated by Emma. Tony might be into it but not the others.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That...is so depressing.
    lmao, why?

I enjoy his voice, especially compared this new batch of writers

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    lmao, why?

I enjoy his voice, especially compared this new batch of writers
    I love Cantwell too. So you’re re not alone. I thought his Iron Man was brilliant and I’m really looking forward to him writing Tony again. So long you enjoy it don’t worry about what anyone else thinks.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love Cantwell too. So you’re re not alone. I thought his Iron Man was brilliant and I’m really looking forward to him writing Tony again. So long you enjoy it don’t worry about what anyone else thinks.
    100%

trust me I know the feeling especially when I'm the only one on these boards who absolutely loves Bendis and I defend him all the time

Better hair? Just hair, period. Heather has a bald head.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Am I remembering things Incorrectly or didn't Medusa have a short stint in the Illuminati?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Better hair? Just hair, period. Heather has a bald head.
    Sigh. I tell you, all of my zingers are completely wasted on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Am I remembering things Incorrectly or didn't Medusa have a short stint in the Illuminati?
    Did she take over for Blackbolt?

Niffleheim

I don't know It has been awhile since I reread my Inhuman and Illuminati history
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I hate Emma Frost so fucking much. And, this is may be an unpopular opinion, but I liked the Illuminati as a sausage fest. They are a bunch of obnoxious assholes who love sniffing their own farts. They are so full of themselves. Even though this means Emma will fit right in, I still like the kind of fratty dynamic the core group had. Maybe Emma can be their Dee from IASIP to balance them out, but I liked them better as a bunch of incompetent geniuses who are fine on their own or in other team dynamics, but together are so inept and shortsighted.
    Last edited by Celtic1967; 08-12-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Yes. She did for a little bit.