Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I hate Emma Frost so fucking much. And, this is may be an unpopular opinion, but I liked the Illuminati as a sausage fest. They are a bunch of obnoxious assholes who love sniffing their own farts. They are so full of themselves. Even though this means Emma will fit right in, I still like the kind of fratty dynamic the core group had. Maybe Emma can be their Dee from IASIP to balance them out, but I liked them better as a bunch of incompetent geniuses who are fine on their own or in other team dynamics, but together are so inept and shortsighted.
    This is a take that I can agree with 100%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    100%

trust me I know the feeling especially when I'm the only one on these boards who absolutely loves Bendis and I defend him all the time
    Bendis took the whole MU on his shoulders and tried to advance it. No hate here.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Bendis took the whole MU on his shoulders and tried to advance it. No hate here.
    One hundo percent!

But back to this mini, I can't remember where was Thanos seen last

lmao, why?

I enjoy his voice, especially compared this new batch of writers
    That's my problem with him. I only "hear" his voice I never "hear" the characters. Also he made me dislike a character I was neutral on, Hellcat.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

One hundo percent!

But back to this mini, I can't remember where was Thanos seen last
    last time i remember reading him he was in the Eternals #12 by Gillen when Druig kicked him into the timestream
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    last time i remember reading him he was in the Eternals #12 by Gillen when Druig kicked him into the timestream
    Man the Eternals just vanished from the comics didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Am I remembering things Incorrectly or didn't Medusa have a short stint in the Illuminati?
    Yep for I think one story when he was presumed dead after war of kings.

should have mentioned cantwell gold goblin run in that article it was also a good read. Will pick this up I do question if Hulk is really on the team considering his current relationship with the heroes right now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    When their movie flopped and their comic event apparently did likewise, Marvel abandoned pushing them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thanos is just the Team Rocket now.

And Blue Marvel by Cantwell is a pass.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Thanos is just the Team Rocket now.

And Blue Marvel by Cantwell is a pass.
    That was Doctor Doom by Cantwell featuring Blue Marvel so ppl should expect the same with Thanos by Cantwell feat. BM and others. (With Cantwell If you're paying for the supporting characters then you'll be HIGHLY disappointed)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Sersi is still dead .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Did she take over for Blackbolt?
    Bendis had her fill-in for Black Bolt when the Hood was going after the Infinity Gems during the Heroic Age stuff.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I hate Emma Frost so fucking much. And, this is may be an unpopular opinion, but I liked the Illuminati as a sausage fest. They are a bunch of obnoxious assholes who love sniffing their own farts. They are so full of themselves. Even though this means Emma will fit right in, I still like the kind of fratty dynamic the core group had. Maybe Emma can be their Dee from IASIP to balance them out, but I liked them better as a bunch of incompetent geniuses who are fine on their own or in other team dynamics, but together are so inept and shortsighted.
    This has to be Bendis Illuminati and not Hickman's Illumanti.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm sure it will be a case of Blue Marvel joining the Illuminati in order to better watchdog the group. Sometimes the only way to change something is to do it from within the organization. That's pretty much Blue Marvel's story anyway. He's never wanted to change the system, only make it work more fairly and equitably in the interests of all citizens. Given how powerful and intelligent he is, he could have singlehandedly usurped the US, if not the entire world, back in 1961. Instead, he chose to adhere to the Constitution and President as the embodiment of "the will of the people," even though it didn't work very well for him or people who looked like him at the time.

That said, this is Cantwell, so far all we know, Blue Marvel is just there to serve as an understudy to Reed Richards, get seduced and mind-controlled by Emma Frost, and ultimately killed by Thanos by the 2nd issue of the series.
    85-90% probability on this very description coming true, lol. One can only hope Cantwell does a lil more reading of what Adam is capable of and at least shows a tad more of a guy can more than hold his own with any of these guys in the room.