Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1361
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    okay, what are Data Pages...?
    In the dual mini series House of X and Powers of X (Ten), each issue featured an interruption of the story in form of pages containing informations about events, concepts and interactions, which did not occur on pannel, neither in scenes nor dialoge, but were presented as important in order to understand what was happening.

For example fancy info graphic about the nature of hive mind levels, universe rebooting timelines, organizations of governments, the X-gene structure of Chimeras, etc.

These were written and presented as if they were in universe documents, albeit their creator or reader was left vague.

After HOX/POX and with the launch of the "Krakoa era" each individual title retained these pages, though the subsequent different writers played a lot more fast and lose with how important they are to the story or even used them to skip having to actualy showcase important interactions between characters or events which should have been shown on pannel, leading to complaints by some readers of them encouraging laziness among the writers.

Because these pages were mostly devoid of color, they were commonly labeled "white pages" by the fanbase, but data pages is an appropriate alternative term.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    wait for reals? Was this is ever shown in any books?

That's pretty crazy
    I believe he mentioned it in an interview but I can't seem to find it at the moment. His argument was basically that most of the Data Pages not coming from a specific character seem to come from an omniscient narrator with knowledge of the past, present and future and Enigma fits the bill. That was not Hickman's original plan for sure so unless Kieron writes it as such on a Data Page before he leaves, it will remain as a fun tidbit from an interview that you can either agree with or ignore. Personally I think it makes sense and also adds an extra layer you never knew was there.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    In the dual mini series House of X and Powers of X (Ten), each issue featured an interruption of the story in form of pages containing informations about events, concepts and interactions, which did not occur on pannel, neither in scenes nor dialoge, but were presented as important in order to understand what was happening.

For example fancy info graphic about the nature of hive mind levels, universe rebooting timelines, organizations of governments, the X-gene structure of Chimeras, etc.

These were written and presented as if they were in universe documents, albeit their creator or reader was left vague.

After HOX/POX and with the launch of the "Krakoa era" each individual title retained these pages, though the subsequent different writers played a lot more fast and lose with how important they are to the story or even used them to skip having to actualy showcase important interactions between characters or events which should have been shown on pannel, leading to complaints by some readers of them encouraging laziness among the writers.

Because these pages were mostly devoid of color, they were commonly labeled "white pages" by the fanbase, but data pages is an appropriate alternative term.
    Exactly, and they were presented as logs in someone's database because of the "version numbers" on the pages

and it's unclear from the very beginning whose writing these, whose reading these, or if the characters are even aware of them at all. Like who is writing these "notes"?

further, there are also Sinister Secrets that were given by "a" Sinister about things that he only knew and given the developments of Enigma the current theory is that it was him that gave us(?) this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I believe he mentioned it in an interview but I can't seem to find it at the moment. His argument was basically that most of the Data Pages not coming from a specific character seem to come from an omniscient narrator with knowledge of the past, present and future and Enigma fits the bill. That was not Hickman's original plan for sure so unless Kieron writes it as such on a Data Page before he leaves, it will remain as a fun tidbit from an interview that you can either agree with or ignore. Personally I think it makes sense and also adds an extra layer you never knew was there.
    Ah yeah that's a fun way of seeing them indeed !

yeah I totally agree, for me, data pages and Tom Muller's design aesthetic is what I will miss the most.

Collected edition never have looked so good

I wish Marvel did this for their entire publishing line to bring "comic books" to the modern age in regards to design

Data pages were fun when they added a little characterization to the stories. I think in Hellions there was a data page of the Cuckoos having a humorous conversation about the guests. It made them seem more interesting than just being the people at the door checking the guest list. In some situations data pages did the heavy lifting of explaining the hard science concepts. At worst, they made for fodder for xtwitter, like the layout for Scott/Jean/Logans sleeping arrangements. The worst abuse of data pages was in Red where Cable sent missive describing a painting by Weaponless Zsen of Orbis Stellaris. If ever there needed to be a PICTURE this would have been it. But no, please send me a description of Weaponless Zsen’s painting in an email.

Edit: no, wait: there was one worse. Two pages of a barely plotted miniseries was dedicated to Gambit’s Gumbo Recipe, that was the worst. I’ve heard the recipe is good, which is the only positive about that entire series.
    Last edited by NicoPony; 03-31-2024 at 02:35 PM.

Couple of nuggets I found interesting from today's newsletter (including a question from one of our own members):
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/105-easternal

Alex Dee: You mentioned before you might ship more than 12 issues a month of some of the new X-books - is that still in the cards? And if so, are you looking to do it regularly or more on an ad-hoc basis?

Tom: It is, Alex, yes. Before the editorial switch-over, Jordan White had been planning to have the two main X-MEN books ship 18 issues a year, and that plan sounded wise to me, so we’ll be keeping it in place. X-MEN and UNCANNY will alternate in this regard, with two issues on sale every other month in rotation.

Weslley W.: Prior to the SXSW 2024 "From the Ashes" reveals, "Women of Marvel" #1 unexpectedly confirmed that Rogue and Shadowcat would be leading new X-Men books each in the post-Krakoa era. Additionally, a recent Marvel.com article on variant covers confirmed a "From the Ashes" book featuring Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers. To what extent are you involved in these pre-announcement revelations? Do you have to provide approval, or is it solely Marvel Marketing's decision?

Tom: I’m involved in all of those reveals, Weslley, and I signed off on both of them, and provided editor Sarah Brunstad with some reference for the X-Men future images in WOMEN OF MARVEL #1. (But not Storm, we didn’t have her design finalized yet, and so I wound up telling her to just put her in some well-tailored suit. But that and her mohawk haircut seem to have wound some people up. Nothing to worry about, though, she’ll look different when you see her in the new books.) And there’s some other stuff that you might have heard about by now, except that it was all elements that I wasn’t ready to reveal yet, and so they were eliminated. While occasionally some wires will get crossed, in general we at Marvel prefer to function as a coordinated team.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They were gonna double ship X-MEN during the Krakoan age before they decided to end it?

What were they gonna do spin their wheels even more so?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Couple of nuggets I found interesting from today's newsletter (including a question from one of our own members):

Alex Dee: You mentioned before you might ship more than 12 issues a month of some of the new X-books - is that still in the cards? And if so, are you looking to do it regularly or more on an ad-hoc basis?

Tom: It is, Alex, yes. Before the editorial switch-over, Jordan White had been planning to have the two main X-MEN books ship 18 issues a year, and that plan sounded wise to me, so we’ll be keeping it in place. X-MEN and UNCANNY will alternate in this regard, with two issues on sale every other month in rotation.

Weslley W.: Prior to the SXSW 2024 "From the Ashes" reveals, "Women of Marvel" #1 unexpectedly confirmed that Rogue and Shadowcat would be leading new X-Men books each in the post-Krakoa era. Additionally, a recent Marvel.com article on variant covers confirmed a "From the Ashes" book featuring Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers. To what extent are you involved in these pre-announcement revelations? Do you have to provide approval, or is it solely Marvel Marketing's decision?

Tom: I’m involved in all of those reveals, Weslley, and I signed off on both of them, and provided editor Sarah Brunstad with some reference for the X-Men future images in WOMEN OF MARVEL #1. (But not Storm, we didn’t have her design finalized yet, and so I wound up telling her to just put her in some well-tailored suit. But that and her mohawk haircut seem to have wound some people up. Nothing to worry about, though, she’ll look different when you see her in the new books.) And there’s some other stuff that you might have heard about by now, except that it was all elements that I wasn’t ready to reveal yet, and so they were eliminated. While occasionally some wires will get crossed, in general we at Marvel prefer to function as a coordinated team.
    I'm happy that Tom answered my question and even happier that it was what I was hoping for - Uncanny and X-Men double-shipping every other month sounds dreamy.

I'm also ready for the reveals on all the wave one books - I'm hoping to get the skinny on everything by the time the next solicits hit at the end of April.

I'm happy that Tom answered my question and even happier that it was what I was hoping for - Uncanny and X-Men double-shipping every other month sounds dreamy.

I'm also ready for the reveals on all the wave one books - I'm hoping to get the skinny on everything by the time the next solicits hit at the end of April.
    Congrats on another successful answer to one of your questions! I’m stoked about the double shipping.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    They were gonna double ship X-MEN during the Krakoan age before they decided to end it?
    I think that was for the New X-Men book that Jordan teased like in 2023 shortly before Brevoort replaced him.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Curious what he wasnt ready to reveal yet?

More stuff from Brevoort:

"We’re going to do a bunch of good comics, Xavi," Brevoort says in response to a fan on his Substack asking what Krakoan fans can look forward to in the revamp. "That’s the only way to attract and enthrall any readers, new or established. We’re going to make you want to read them by making you want to read them."

In answering another fan's question, Brevoort points out the cyclical nature of comics - and of fictional entertainment in general.

"Here’s the thing: in comics especially, things change, all the time," writes Brevoort on his Substack. "We move forward, we evolve situations, we play out storylines and then we do other storylines. Nothing really remains all that static for all that long, even if there is often a magnetic pull back towards some platonic ideal as to what each character is all about."

I'm more curious to what Jordan had planned.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Does anyone know if Tom has addressed what the new Adjectiveless' legacy numbering will be? I'm really curious if it'll follow the X-Men Legacy numbering or the numbering for vol's 3 and 4, which just kind of exist on their own.