Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1361
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Does anyone know if Tom has addressed what the new Adjectiveless' legacy numbering will be? I'm really curious if it'll follow the X-Men Legacy numbering or the numbering for vol's 3 and 4, which just kind of exist on their own.
    He mentions in his newsletter linked above that adjectiveless' legacy number will be #301.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    He mentions in his newsletter linked above that adjectiveless' legacy number will be #301.
    Ah okay. Thank you. I'll continue to light a candle for the lost volumes of 3 and 4.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Update from Gail Simone’s panel at WonderCon: Uncanny is shipping 18 issues in Year 1; so no reason at least X-Men won’t be the same. A plus for me!
    Damn! That makes my decision even easier.

So far I'm really not interested in any X-books other than Storm or Phoenix (or both, pending concrete information). I also buy books from Image and DC plus my other Marvel titles...an additional 6 books per X title is beyond my budget.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-04-2024 at 10:28 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Ah okay. Thank you. I'll continue to light a candle for the lost volumes of 3 and 4.
    Tom Brevoort addressed that in last week's newsletter:

In terms of your question about Legacy numbering, in the way that we calculate these things, you can’t really have two concurrent series both continuing the same numbering. So if there is a conflict, a choice has to be made at some point—and that choice was made when the last issue of X-MEN LEGACY went out as #300.Stuff like this is why we keep elaborate spreadsheets concerning the Legacy numbers and try to check and re-check them as we go. And we still foul things up pretty regularly.

Some X-stuff in today’s newsletter, some of which will spark debate.
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/106-splash-the-zeros

Ducc: I noticed in the interview over on Den Of Geek that you stated that the mutants of the world *need* to go back to live among the humans again. The thing here is that From The Ashes is picking up from Fall of X, where Orchis was operating in every country hunting down mutants and were either deporting them to Arakko, forcefully depowering them or just simply placing them in gulags. All of this was being done while majority of humanity did pretty much nothing but let it happen. Prior to that, Judgment Day had humans en masse celebrating that the Eternals were declaring war on the mutants.

With solicitations of the Heir of Apocalypse miniseries confirming that Arakko is still going to be around, why exactly would (the majority of) mutants *need* to want to go back to live among humans again after such recent horrific events where they would once become "hated and feared" and not go live on the mutant planet?

Tom: A couple of things on this, Ducc. First off, you’re reacting to a not very wonderful summation of a slightly more nuanced conversation, so I can’t agree with your premise in specific. But getting at this question in general, first off I’d have to say that you’re jumping to a couple of conclusions about how events are going to play out across the final months of the Krakoa era. And I’m not going to want to close off any avenues for storytelling for the creators who are finishing those stories by ruling out any options.

But just for the sake of argument, assuming that Arakko is still around and that it hasn’t in some way been materially changed by the events of the Orchis War, the question remains: would the average mutant rather relocate to a far-off alien planet and culture rather than living in their birthplace? That question only gets heightened when you factor in that Orchis has been forcibly deporting mutants there all along. It strikes me as just a bit crazy for people to go, “Now that the conflict is over, you know what? I think I’ll exile myself just as the people who were trying to destroy my life wanted to do—and even to the same place!” Maybe that would make sense to certain individuals, but I can’t see it being a widespread position. No, I tend to think that most of the mutants involved would react similarly to how Ernie feels.

Andres Felipe Galindo Olarte: 1. How was the transition from the Avengers world to the X-Men world? Did you read every single comic in existence to develop your take on the new line?

2. What are your favorite and least favorite X-Men titles from the Krakoan Era of books?

Tom: 1. The transition was relatively easy, Andres, at least as far as relinquishing the series I had been working on up to that point. Only time will tell if running the X-Books works out or not, but hopefully it will. And no, I didn’t go back and read or reread big swaths of earlier issues or anything. What I did do is take a look at the first issues in a number of big runs to see how they were approached; Chris Claremont and Jim Lee’s X-MEN #1, Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely’s NEW X-MEN #114, Joss Whedon and John Cassaday’s ASTONISHING X-MEN #1 and Brian Bendis and Stuart Immonen’s ALL-NEW X-MEN #1.

2. I suspect that it’s probably too soon for me to say anything in this regard, as a bunch of those series are still running, sorry.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ooooh if they're getting rid of Arrako after all this I will cry. Also, Sentinel City is on Mercury wasn't it ? I wouldn't make sense that they go to Mars before Earth would it ?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ooooh if they're getting rid of Arrako after all this I will cry. Also, Sentinel City is on Mercury wasn't it ? I wouldn't make sense that they go to Mars before Earth would it ?
    that's what it totally sounds like. I think Arrako is going back to their original realm, wasn't it in Amenth? Or am I misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'll be right there crying with you, my friend. I'm planning on changing my signature once Krakoa is officially over but now Arakko might be gone too? It'll just say "Otherworld forever!" and who knows if we'll get to even see that place again. Boooo.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'll be right there crying with you, my friend. I'm planning on changing my signature once Krakoa is officially over but now Arakko might be gone too? It'll just say "Otherworld forever!" and who knows if we'll get to even see that place again. Boooo.
    It's okay, there's still Hellion. They keep forgetting about him, so they can't take him away.
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    that's what it totally sounds like. I think Arrako is going back to their original realm, wasn't it in Amenth? Or am I misremembering?
    Does kind of sound that way. Hence why Apocalypse needs to entrust his duty or whatever to an heir.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Including this comment that Gail just posted in her Q&A thread since she mentions Tom. Very nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    I have to tell you, I totally get people not wanting the Krakoa saga to end. But it always was a finite story, we had nothing to do with that.

HOWEVER, everyone involved things the story was a milestone, a huge achievement and shouldn't just be, you know, retconned away.

I've worked on a LOT of event books and such, I've never had an editor be more conscientious about not messing up the previous creative team's work, the way Tom is. And we have been in communications with the previous writers a lot.

It's about respect.

I have always believed we're just different caretakers of the same garden. My Birds of Prey stories were part of the same story as Chuck Dixon, and the ones who followed me, same thing.

We have good stories to tell and we're trying to do right by the characters, the readers, the retailers, and the legacy. I hope you like what we've come up with!

Including this comment that Gail just posted in her Q&A thread since she mentions Tom. Very nice post.
    Thanks for sharing! I honestly think we’re at the point where the work is going to have to speak for itself. They can only tease so much in these interviews. The approach is “back to basics” in a lot of ways, but if these creative teams bring it, we could be having a great time in a few months. And if they don’t, then at least there’s a clean jumping off point.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-07-2024 at 03:09 PM.

Maybe I'm reading the Arrako comment differently, but I think he's saying it will stay but just not be used. His point about what the average mutants and moving off planet is pretty much the answer any time the dumb idea of the X-Men moving off planet gets brought up.

IIRC Ewing was really the only person to use Arrako and unless that's because the X-Office didn't want too many writers using it, I can see why it wouldn't be used once he's gone. Maybe that's my indifference to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Maybe I'm reading the Arrako comment differently, but I think he's saying it will stay but just not be used. His point about what the average mutants and moving off planet is pretty much the answer any time the dumb idea of the X-Men moving off planet gets brought up.

IIRC Ewing was really the only person to use Arrako and unless that's because the X-Office didn't want too many writers using it, I can see why it wouldn't be used once he's gone. Maybe that's my indifference to it though.
    Spurrier's second book was set partially on Arrako and used Arraki charcters. Orlando's Marauders got to go there a bit. I think there was also a space arc in X-force. Immortal and Excalibur had pretty much fixed settings. Not sure about Duggans X-men pre-Fall.

I think not just Arrako but also Krakoa will continue to exist in some shape or form, it just won't be the setting or central to the stories the x-books will be telling going forward.