Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just seen these rumours on another forum, don't know what the original source was. Pinch of salt.

spoilers:
    Magik will turn heel and be a new Big Bad. A reformed Beast reopens the school. Scott and Jean are "parked". Laura takes over Wolverine's solo book, while Logan co-stars in Deadpool's - movie synergy. Iron Man and Ms. Marvel remain involved in X storylines. Xavier, Moira, Sinister, Apocalypse, and Emma are gone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This isn't inherently a bad move, because that potential is built into the character of Magik. This is something she struggles with literally every day, and her story is about not giving in to the darkness in her soul and becoming the same as her abuser Belasco. On the other hand, everything about how she's been written in modern times has been leading her in the opposite direction, especially Labors of Magik and the recently concluded Realm of X, and would throw out all of the character development of the last few years. It's not like it's the 80s where she was just a kid who couldn't control her power and could be a powder keg from bottling up all her emotions or even the Gillen version from over a decade ago who had out of nowhere given up on even trying to be better. For the last 10 years she's been on an arc of healing, gaining more control, and becoming more heroic and a better person, and has kept herself under control even when her brother and Kitty were killed, so it's hard to see what kind of inciting incident could make her snap for good now. If this is true, they will need to do a lot of work to make it seem like something natural and not a random change made solely because of some silly editorial whim. There needs to be a damn good reason, assuming it's true.

The other issue is it's such a cliche at this point. We seem to just now be ending years of Beast as a villain, after Emma's years as a villain during the IvX period, Cyclops as a villain in AvX, and so on. In the 80s it wasn't such an overused trope and the prospect of them repeating what they did in The Dark Phoenix Saga actually carried some excitement and dread, whereas now it's been tired for many years and even Captain America has had a story like that with the hated Cap was Hydra all along event.
    end of spoilers

If any of those rumors are true, I'm definitely out for a long while. Nothing here sounds interesting at all. The end of Krakoa already feels like a big bore (judging by the promotional material so far). Wouldn't be surprised if we re-enter a time of BORING Nostalgia in the X-Men circle of narration.

I could imagine that they will try to establish some synergy with the MCU's X-Men. Very skeptical that the MCU can give us great X-Men content after everything that has been teased so far (mutant related)...

So,....negative Nancy out.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

That 4chan post also mentions Rob Liefeld as one of the new "Architects" . I think that tells you everything you need to know about its credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That 4chan post also mentions Rob Liefeld as one of the new "Architects" . I think that tells you everything you need to know about its credibility.
    And Slott (again writing Iron Man ?!), who has never been a big X-Men fan (according to what he said on AIPT).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 12-12-2023 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Some true stuff has come out of 4chan posts before in the history of the world, but I am doubting these.
    Here's the link: https://boards.4channel.org/co/thread/141129941

Warning, 4chan is unmoderated and someone is probably posting something mean about your favorite character in the linked thread right now. It will be OK.

The 4chan thread will likely disappear in a day or less, just because that's how 4chan works.
    Damn these leaks looks bad as hell!!!

While I have my doubts about how legitimate the leaks are I can say that if they are true then I'm definitely out.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Well, on the one hand Cable will be a big player in the next era if true... on the other hand, it will suck. Hard. Ha.

That's definitely not true. LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Dark X-Force
    Lol. As if X-Force wasn't dark enough as it is already (since Kyle/Yost at least).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 12-12-2023 at 12:59 PM.

“The darkest X-force yet!!!”

Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Slott too lmao he’s writing two Spider titles atm and they think X-Men is gonna pull him out of that? No shot ��

Yeah, that leak doesn't make any sense.

Slott and Leifeld??
    Why are some of those characters gone? No way they're not resurrecting Magneto either.
    No references to Krakoa/Arrako/Orchis seems to be opposite of what Brevoort implied in his substack.
    Why is Iron Man part of the X-books, he's barely been related now.
    3 deadpool books, 2 X-Force books?

This is the same place that claimed Claremont was coming back to take the helm, Jean Grey was staying dead in the mini, and that Emma was marrying Tony so Scott could marry Maddie without issue.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, that leak doesn't make any sense.

Slott and Leifeld??
    Why are some of those characters gone? No way they're not resurrecting Magneto either.
    No references to Krakoa/Arrako/Orchis seems to be opposite of what Brevoort implied in his substack.
    Why is Iron Man part of the X-books, he's barely been related now.
    3 deadpool books, 2 X-Force books?

This is the same place that claimed Claremont was coming back to take the helm, Jean Grey was staying dead in the mini, and that Emma was marrying Tony so Scott could marry Maddie without issue.
    Yeah there's no way they would have Major X become a major player, have Liefield write 5 books, and have Tony will be in the X-universe without Emma. Not even an amusing 'leak".
    And like they would trust Beast with the school....even if it's a different Beast

Spectacular Member

If Tom Breevort ends with Cucklops and brings the real Cyclops back, he'd have already done a better job than Jordan D. White in my book, bonus points If he actually retcons the whole Cucklops arc and/or states that a telepath was manipulating him to make him act out of character, it could be either Jean or Xavier, it would be better if it's Jean because it would completely destroy their relationship which is way better and more dignified than being a cuck, it would also serve as a big statement saying that he actually respects the characters unlike Jordan D White and Hickman.

As for those rumors, there's no way they're true but if they are I'm out, you can't bench Cyclops after his worst era, he needs to redeem the character.

Leifeld?? That's the name that will keep me from buying ANY X titles moving forward. I'm sure none of it's true though. It started on 4Chan ffs.

Yeah, seeing the list of titles, it looks nonsensical.

Ms. Marvel and the New Mutants - Doesn't make sense for Kamala to actually be at the school due to her secret identity.
    Uncanny Ms. Marvel - Reverting to Shammas as writer for her other book? She's the one who did the mini before Iman Vellani's two. It's going backwards.
    And two X-Force teams? Three Deadpool books? If Deadpool is to be on a team that isn't X-Force I'd have thought it'd be Uncanny Avengers. And why would Tony create his own X-Men team?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman