Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1361

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I actually think Saladin Ahmed might be the writer on X-Factor. If Mystique and Destiny are in that cast, him weighing in on Gail's pitch for Kurt or having his own hand in pitching Kurt's direction could stem from some interconnectivity, like Kurt and Rogue guesting in X-Factor or their mothers in Uncanny.
    I think you’re on to something
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Saladin would be epic in the x-office

I actually think Saladin Ahmed might be the writer on X-Factor. If Mystique and Destiny are in that cast, him weighing in on Gail's pitch for Kurt or having his own hand in pitching Kurt's direction could stem from some interconnectivity, like Kurt and Rogue guesting in X-Factor or their mothers in Uncanny.
    Could be interesting…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Intriguing. And I’m very grateful for Gail and Saladin’s input!

Maybe Saladin Ahmed is indeed writing Wolverine and since Logan is in a team with Kurt (Gail's book) we'll see a lot of him in Wolvie's book as well?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

As everyone here already knows, I'm no fan of mutants. They're unimaginative. Nevertheless, I am put at ease to see Brevoort now in charge of them. He'll build some real storytelling engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Maybe Saladin Ahmed is indeed writing Wolverine and since Logan is in a team with Kurt (Gail's book) we'll see a lot of him in Wolvie's book as well?
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.
    Same. I think he's the writer on Wolverine's solo, just with a different artist besides Capullo, who I guess is doing a limited series or something.

Astonishing Member

I could see it either way, I'm just defaulting to X-Factor because it would be my preference. I'd rather have Ahmed on a team book than a solo is all, lol.

I could see it either way, I'm just defaulting to X-Factor because it would be my preference. I'd rather have Ahmed on a team book than a solo is all, lol.
    Has he ever actually done a team book at Marvel, come to think of it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has he ever actually done a team book at Marvel, come to think of it?
    He did an Exiles reboot awhile back. I dont really know how well or not it was received in general, but I really enjoyed it and thought he did a good job of balancing dynamics and focus, esp with mostly new or new to the team characters.

Some of the tidbits from this week's newsletter:
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/1...ida-por-que-no

Joe West: Has Gwenpool been discussed at all during the development of current and future X-projects? Leah Williams made her a mutant almost 5 years ago and it’s only resulted in about 4 cameos throughout the Krakoan era (not including her Love Unlimited story). It’d be nice to see her on a team again.

Tom: You can apply this answer to almost any mutant that you’d like, Joe. Yes, Gwenpool’s name has come up during the time when we were developing the new X-Line, but there isn’t any news that I can share with you at this point for where or if she might be turning up somewhere.

Mark: Can we expect more launches in August alongside uncanny?

Tom: Yes, Mark. And in September and October, too. Ultimately, I’d like for there to be some X-group new #1 every single month, whether it be a major launch or merely a more targeted limited series.

Tobias Carroll: One question that came to mind this week: there aren't a lot of them, but a few X-book mainstays have also spent time in the Avengers (Beast, Sunspot, Firestar, and Cannonball all come to mind). Is the experience of editing a story with a character who fits that description any different from editing a story with a character who you haven't worked with before?

Tom: Not really, Tobias. The character remains the same, after all, even if their context may be different. And having edited stories with some of these characters doesn’t really make them differ from how I might approach a Colossus or a Banshee or whomever that I haven’t really edited stories with yet.

Mark: x-force is at legacy #290 and wolverine is at #392 (when this era ends.) can we expect a special issue for #300 and #400?

Tom: Almost certainly so, Mark.

Tom also mentioned that next week's Avengers #13 (FotHoX tie-in) is his final issue as editor after 26 years at the helm. 26 years is a long time so kudos to him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting. Wondering if maybe X-Factor will be the only additional X-series to launch in August, with Storm and Wolverine solos launching in September and October. That would be really annoying IMO, to have to wait that long for the entire line.

So my hope is they're all three coming in August, and in Sept/Oct he'll launch some additional unannounced mini series or something like that. The only reason I could think to delay Wolverine's solo book that long would be to give Capullo more time, since he's not all that fast, but Brevoort has already debunked him working on Logan's solo book... so maybe it is a mini series of some sort which includes Logan and some X-characters, and it will debut in Sept or Oct? Guess we'll see. I kind of hate how slowly they're rolling out this new line. I prefer one big grand unveiling to this slower drip personally.

If Saladin Ahmed gets to be a writer for the X-Books, I really hope he gets to set a team in Detroit. It's way past time for that. If the teams are geographically expanding, why not?

He did an Exiles reboot awhile back. I dont really know how well or not it was received in general, but I really enjoyed it and thought he did a good job of balancing dynamics and focus, esp with mostly new or new to the team characters.
    Oooohh. Yeah, the one with Blink's new look, swole Valkyrie, cowboy Black Panther, and Iron Lad. I totally forgot about it.