Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1361

I think Arakko will still be around, it just won't show up much. Without the Krakoan Gateways, it'll be a LOT harder to go there and vice versa (that's ignoring the fact that it was established that Arakko can grow its own Gateways, but I'm betting that won't come up).

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Spurrier's second book was set partially on Arrako and used Arraki charcters. Orlando's Marauders got to go there a bit. I think there was also a space arc in X-force. Immortal and Excalibur had pretty much fixed settings. Not sure about Duggans X-men pre-Fall.
    Correcto, we saw it used in various books. Duggan used it a little in X-Men with Sunfire building his home there which was also the start of the Redroot saga. Phobos was referenced in his Iron Man as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

It was annoying that Duggan was misusing the word Gulag, but even more annoying to see it spread.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm excited. IMO Brevoort is saying all the right things

Krakoa and Arakko will not be a central idea of X-Books no more. Brevoort plans on going back to "his" nostalgia. The solicitations of the new x-books saying a lot about that. But it's going perfectly work out since that's exactly what's happening with X-Men 97

It wouldn't surprise me if Arakko still existed and contain all of the mutants Brevoort's team don't want to use to get them "out of the way". That way we can focus on the characters in the books instead of having a million mutants running around Earth...

*edited because autocorrect made it look weird and gave it the opposite meaning
    Last edited by Thundershot; 04-09-2024 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Arakko didn't still exist and contain all of the mutants Brevoort's team don't want to use to get them "out of the way". That way we can focus on the characters in the books instead of having a million mutants running around Earth...
    Now that’s inaressing
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

A lot of X-content in this week's newsletter so I'll post a few bits:
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/1...espectful-font

Elsewhere, along similar thematic lines, this past Friday we sent our very last AVENGERS-related title to the printer, AVENGERES TWILIGHT #6. So I have officially brought a close to 26 years as the AVENGERS editor. From now on, it’s all mutants all the time, for good or ill (and likely a bit of both.)

And as I said above, we released a bunch more information about the initial spear-tip of the titles we’ll be releasing. You really have no idea of what else is to come, nor the wide span of tones and styles and genres and approaches we’re going to attempt to cover. Every book different, for all that they all exist simultaneously in the same continuity! Every title its own thing! I know that it’s folly to fall in love with your own stuff, and that some of these projects are going to fail to find an audience and going to have to be suspended at some point. But right now, it feels like an unlimited vista opening up in front of us, brimming with possibility and purpose. I mean, just look at these cover mock-ups. We first set them up a few weeks ago, and I keep looking at them. Nothing against the past few years or anything, but these look like X-Books to me, in a primal and foundational way.

Joe West: Question: you said last year that there was a deficit of viable Black male characters in the X-line, and looking at the rosters of the three core X-Men books of From The Ashes, it doesn’t seem like much is being done to fix that. The Krakoan era gave such a major spotlight to so many Black male mutants, most notably Synch, Bishop, Sunspot and Manifold. Will we see any Black male mutants in the other announced books like X-Force and X-Factor? Are unannounced books in the works featuring them?

Tom: You likely know a little bit more now than you did then, Joe. And my answer here is going to be Yes, but No. Which is to say that we’re certainly going to see more characters of color in the X-Titles, both those that have been announced already and the ones that haven’t. But that said, I do still think that we face a deficit of Black male characters within the line, and that’s something that we’ll be looking to address as we move forward. I’ve put that challenge to the X-Writers and it’s already resulted in some changes to our upcoming planning. But like with any other demographic you might mention, the difficulty is always that you can’t be all things to all people all the time. Our first and most important goal is to tell stories and entertain, and that’s always going to take the number one priority. So we still have work to do in this regard. But we’re aware of it and trying to take steps.

Mark: You probably won't want to answer this but all time great artist, Greg Capullo is heavily rumored to be drawing the wolverine book. Is there any truth to this?

Tom: Like I told Nick, Mark, I’m not going t be announcing anything before we’re ready. But I will tell you definitively that Greg isn’t drawing the regular WOLVERINE series.

Alex Dee (yay!): what brought about the recently-announced solo books for Storm and Phoenix? With the X-line usually focusing on team books aside from a select few characters who can carry a solo with a bit of longevity, I'm curious if Storm and Phoenix were something creators pitched or if you and your editorial team felt they were something the X-line was lacking maybe?

Tom: Both STORM and PHOENIX were my doing, Alex, at least in terms of them being put forward as projects that I wanted to do. And they’re only the tip of the iceberg in terms of stuff going forward. The X-Line has a huge diversity of characters, many of whom, I believe, should be able to headline a series. Plus, past a certain point a lot of the X-Team books have started to feel a bit like five random mutant characters who happened to be standing near one another thrown together as a team. It’s all inevitably going to come down to how well stuff sells, of course, but I think i can confidently say that you’ll be seeing a lot more solo titles beyond STORM and PHOENIX in the new X-Line moving forward—certainly more than have been historically attempted.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mark: You probably won't want to answer this but all time great artist, Greg Capullo is heavily rumored to be drawing the wolverine book. Is there any truth to this?

Tom: Like I told Nick, Mark, I’m not going t be announcing anything before we’re ready. But I will tell you definitively that Greg isn’t drawing the regular WOLVERINE series.
    huge loss...

Alex Dee (yay!): what brought about the recently-announced solo books for Storm and Phoenix? With the X-line usually focusing on team books aside from a select few characters who can carry a solo with a bit of longevity, I'm curious if Storm and Phoenix were something creators pitched or if you and your editorial team felt they were something the X-line was lacking maybe?

Tom: Both STORM and PHOENIX were my doing, Alex, at least in terms of them being put forward as projects that I wanted to do. And they’re only the tip of the iceberg in terms of stuff going forward. The X-Line has a huge diversity of characters, many of whom, I believe, should be able to headline a series. Plus, past a certain point a lot of the X-Team books have started to feel a bit like five random mutant characters who happened to be standing near one another thrown together as a team. It’s all inevitably going to come down to how well stuff sells, of course, but I think i can confidently say that you’ll be seeing a lot more solo titles beyond STORM and PHOENIX in the new X-Line moving forward—certainly more than have been historically attempted.
    would love to see a cable book this era

Ultimate Member

So far none of the upcoming books are a must buy for me, you'd almost need to split the X-Men into two groups. Storm and Scott and others like them where Storm is now and have the teams on Earth lead by those that got the short end of the stick during the Krakoa era like Warren and Lorna and Alex and Betsy without Rachel or the title of CB, for starters.

What is Capullo up to then? Color me intrigued

I appreciate Tom's blog and that we get tidbits of information, but his comments about Black X-men characters still rankles a bit. I do hope we get to see some Bishop and Synch and others that were mentioned. Maybe we'll get some new characters as well (I took it that maybe we will??).

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    What is Capullo up to then? Color me intrigued
    Sounds like it could be a Wolverine mini, just not the regular ongoing. Probably not a monthly in any event.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    But that said, I do still think that we face a deficit of Black male characters within the line, and that’s something that we’ll be looking to address as we move forward.
    Thre is no deficit, it's just that most of them are not used or don't get leading roles.

Sunspot
    Synch
    Prodigy
    Tag
    Triage
    Shola Inkosi
    Manifold
    Bishop
    Askari
    Centennial
    Third Eye

I hope the "deficit" isn't adressed by making Miles Morales and Sam Wilson mutants.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I'm betting Bishop is in X-Factor.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”