Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The streets are saying we’re losing Al Ewing after Resurrection of Magneto per Kieron Gillens blog update
    Al Ewing never stated that he was Leaving. So, i'm not going to believe that unless Al says it from his own Mouth.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

But Gillen confirmed that in his newsletter

Fantastic Member

besides preparing for the new round of disney x-men movies what i heard the sins of sinister was the one thing that made marvel want to do wholesale changes to the x-line no t only was it a sales disaster and a terriible story i have a feeling that may have led to jordan whites status change really cant beleive were getting more of this nonsense from gillen in his swan song x-book really cant wait for some new x voices

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    besides preparing for the new round of disney x-men movies what i heard the sins of sinister was the one thing that made marvel want to do wholesale changes to the x-line no t only was it a sales disaster and a terriible story i have a feeling that may have led to jordan whites status change really cant beleive were getting more of this nonsense from gillen in his swan song x-book really cant wait for some new x voices
    I highly doubt that it is SOS who has decided to change, especially when we see the disaster

The figures are better than before the Krakoa era it seems to me, a change or worse a return to the manor and I dare not imagine Brevoort sales would not last long if it was the sales figures the reason for the change.

personally I don't look forward to seeing what awaits us, especially with brevoort I don't have confidence, we will have to wait for the first rumors of the future screenwriter.

BANNED

I think Marvel feels the X-sales could be doing better, so they are just trying something. Of course, it's worth noting that the characters Brevoort held before taking the X-Men experienced an irreplicable popularity surge in recent decades that didn't seem to be represented in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Reading Gillen's blog, and really everything we have heard the last month or so, marks the end of the Krakoa as such a jumping-off point. It's almost like they are announcing the end of innovation and creativity.
    I feel the same way. Just a gut feeling that Krakoa will be the last big, experimental setting for a long, long time. My guess is that the new status quo will be trying to replicate TAS from the 90's as much as possible.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I feel the same way. Just a gut feeling that Krakoa will be the last big, experimental setting for a long, long time. My guess is that the new status quo will be trying to replicate TAS from the 90's as much as possible.
    Krakoa in some form seems too popular and with too much potential to go away fully. My guess is that it will become Okkara.

As for what the next era will be, it's pretty clear they'll try to make more like the movies... except that not even Marvel Studios knows what it looks like, and even when they do, it's unlikely they will tell much.

Krakoa, Arrako, etc aren't going to just vanish or get incinerated.

It will just not be the sole focus anymore, imo. Currently everything revolves around the mutant nation, and I think that will going to stop, most likely the focus will shift back to the xmen as superheroes instead of national agents and politicians.
    Books like Immortal X-Men, dedicated to the political and argumentative side of things most likely won't have a place.

Another change, could be in how editorial operates, with the books less connected and writers working more independently.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-19-2023 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Krakoa in some form seems too popular and with too much potential to go away fully. My guess is that it will become Okkara.

As for what the next era will be, it's pretty clear they'll try to make more like the movies... except that not even Marvel Studios knows what it looks like, and even when they do, it's unlikely they will tell much.

And when the film division figures it out they might not even communicate that to the comics people. Y’all remember how they changed Carol’s origin to be half Kree in anticipation of her movie, only for that to be nowhere near he movie origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    If anything, I think Brevoort is more likely to draw inspiration from the 90's Bob Harras era in terms of what the line-up of books looks like - when they were at their most successful commercially.
    As long as we don’t go back to 90s art where all the women has breasts that were bigger than their heads
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think we're putting too much stock in how Tom personally feels about characters or relationships. That doesn't mean he's going to dictate to his writers how they should handle those things, or even which characters they should use, or who should be front and center in the books/line; or how many males vs females, POCs, etc. And I seriously doubt he's going to say, "Hey guys let's ensure whatever we do it is dumbed down for kids, with zero weirdness, and doesn't touch real world geopolitics."

I mean, I suppose it's possible, but I just don't see that being an edict for the next era.
    This exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Reading Gillen's blog, and really everything we have heard the last month or so, marks the end of the Krakoa as such a jumping-off point. It's almost like they are announcing the end of innovation and creativity.

I don't speak for every reader or even many readers, but I would not bet on hyper-classic being the sales solution lol. But maybe it is. I just wouldn't bet on it.
    We don’t know if that’s the direction the line will go in

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    What is your source?

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    As long as we don’t go back to 90s art where all the women has breasts that were bigger than their heads
    Hmmm. No, let's bring that back too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    [/B]

And when the film division figures it out they might not even communicate that to the comics people. Y’all remember how they changed Carol’s origin to be half Kree in anticipation of her movie, only for that to be nowhere near he movie origin story.
    There was also the rumor that Bendis killed off Rhodey because he thought he was going to die in the Civil War movie, but I'm not sure how true that is.