Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love how a question by our own Jbenito got spun off into its own article! It's the most X-Men thing to do
    LOL that’s so cool! Thanks for sharing, OG.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    As we head into a Brevoort New World for Mutants, I wouldn’t want a schism, i.e. opposing factions of hero Mutants, but splitting up into different locations, etc. is how it’s traditionally was. Everyone thinking that the X-Men were dead was cool in the Outback era, too. Without reading the books, my assumption is that the point of Manifold being put away is so he can move all the Mutants from the WHR back to earth.
    That seems like the most logical reason and resolution.

The problem is the X-Office at any given time seem very uninterested in simple and logical plot resolution. Just look at the FoX minis...as entertaining as they are, half of those books do not in any way add to or address the current Orchis conflict. If nothing else under Brevoort...I'm hoping for just uncomplicated, "pure", straightforward, engaging storytelling with less "subverting" expectational twists and turns.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Hell, I'll go for the bare minimum. I hope Brevoort makes good on his observation about X-Men office complete incompetence at highlighting and writing good black male mutants. It's pathetic how again, Synch is abandoned and barely mentioned. I since one black male mutant was in marginal use we can't have a second one In any current narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Krakoa is the new basic.

The Avengers dont live in Avenger Mansion or Avengers Stark Tower since years.

why the Xmen need to go back to the freaking mansion and had all these former villians go bad again?
    Funny thing is, the Avengers' current HQ is a sentient spaceship city. It's more akin to the Justice League's Watchtower! The mansion is a hotel now, which it first became during the post-Secret Wars timeskip. It and Avengers Tower were both sold off when Tony went broke at the start of ANAD - the ANAD Avengers used a New Jersey hangar as their base (convenient for Ms. Marvel), then when the roster changed Spidey let them use the Baxter Building, the Fantastic Four HQ which was Parker Industries HQ at the time (the FF was disbanded). They lost it during Secret Empire when Peter was forced to sabotage it to defeat Superior Octopus, so they had to move into GIRL's facility at Pym Labs, and then briefly back to the Mansion which the Uncanny Avengers (who'd previously used an abandoned theatre as a base) had just rebuilt, having bought it back with money from Johnny Storm, who owned the then believed dead Reed Richards' patents. In No Surrender the Mansion was trashed again, and after further repairs it was reopened as the hotel again, as confirmed recently in Avengers Inc. The Avengers took up residence in a dead Celestial next, but it was destroyed in Aaron's last arc. Janet opened a bar called the Jarvis Lounge intending it to be the new Avengers headquarters, but they found another new base shortly afterwards, in issue 6 of the current Avengers run.

Are the X-Men headed for a similar trajectory, changing HQs every time a new run starts?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Funny thing is, the Avengers' current HQ is a sentient spaceship city. It's more akin to the Justice League's Watchtower! The mansion is a hotel now, which it first became during the post-Secret Wars timeskip. It and Avengers Tower were both sold off when Tony went broke at the start of ANAD - the ANAD Avengers used a New Jersey hangar as their base (convenient for Ms. Marvel), then when the roster changed Spidey let them use the Baxter Building, the Fantastic Four HQ which was Parker Industries HQ at the time (the FF was disbanded). They lost it during Secret Empire when Peter was forced to sabotage it to defeat Superior Octopus, so they had to move into GIRL's facility at Pym Labs, and then briefly back to the Mansion which the Uncanny Avengers (who'd previously used an abandoned theatre as a base) had just rebuilt, having bought it back with money from Johnny Storm, who owned the then believed dead Reed Richards' patents. In No Surrender the Mansion was trashed again, and after further repairs it was reopened as the hotel again, as confirmed recently in Avengers Inc. The Avengers took up residence in a dead Celestial next, but it was destroyed in Aaron's last arc. Janet opened a bar called the Jarvis Lounge intending it to be the new Avengers headquarters, but they found another new base shortly afterwards, in issue 6 of the current Avengers run.

Are the X-Men headed for a similar trajectory, changing HQs every time a new run starts?
    Outback > Then Mansion again > Then Zero tolerance > XSE > Mansion Again > Xorn > Mansion again > Utopia > Mansion and Bunker > Then just Mansion > Then Nation X > Secret Wars > Mansion but in Limbo (weird) > Then Mansion destroyed again > Then Krakoa then Krakoa no more (yet)

So i hope Krakoa stays also Arakko. U cant give them a chance and then steal for them again.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Hot gossip on the Brevoort era from Bleeding Cool:

X-Men's post-Krakoa era to introduce 'The Blue Moon' concept led by Tom Brevoort.

Magik, Illyana Rasputin, anticipated to take a central role in the upcoming storyline.

Upcoming era will maintain Krakoa's narrative; Hank McCoy may be 'reset' with technology.

Expect a 'back to basics' for X-Men with separate teams and a fresh, significant twist.
    First, the codename of the new X-Men approach under Tom Brevoort is The Blue Moon. The significance is unknown, but it may refer to the Blue Area on the Moon, in which the Inhumans and the Watcher have lived and which housed The Summer House of Krakoa, home to Scott Summers, Jean Grey, Logan, Rachel Summers and previously Teen Cable. Or maybe something else entirely. Blue Moon is also the name of Yondu's spaceship and has plastered a giant picture of his arse on the back. It was also rumoured as a working title for the Fantastic Four movie, but could it have been for X-Men instead?

Secondly, the new X-Men era won't reboot Krakoa away, so don't expect the death of a remaining Moira Mactaggert clone to reset the timeline. It can't; it would have to reset the whole Marvel Comics timeline. The Beast, however may be getting reset, with an earlier version of Hank McCoy being resurrected in a final push for that Krakoan technology, and it is possible others will join him.

Thirdly, Magik, Illyana Rasputin, sister of Colossus, is going to play a big role in whatever comes next.

Fourthly, I am to expect an "understanding" between mutants and Artificial Intelligence, which may be rather satirically intended given the current state of the world, different to when this was all set up by Jonathan Hickman in 2019. Then, we learned that the future would see an attack on Earth by a super-intelligence techno-organic singularity called the Dominion, and Krakoa was intended to create a future that could save both mankind and mutant-kind. And that the X-Men terrorist opponent, Orchis was an attempt by the machines of the future to defeat the Krakoan paradise, a reverse Terminator situation. Recently, it was revealed that at some point, a version of Mister Sinister turns themselves into a Dominion, retroactive across the timeline. Presumably, that is what is going to have to be dealt with. Sounds like a Kieron Gillen problem to untangle.

So, fifthly and finally, we are to expect a "back to basics" model for the X-Men, separate teams, the Mansion, etc etc, but there will be a big new twist to separate the new way of things from the pre-Krakoan X-Men. What twist? No idea… but I look forward to finding out.

Well Magik definitely needs something to do now she's no longer ruler of Limbo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Much to chew on. Thanks for posting!

"Expect a 'back to basics' for X-Men with separate teams and a fresh, significant twist."

I'm hoping the fresh twist is along the lines of different mutant factions approaching things in their own ways. Since Krakoa was about unity I think the next logical storyline step is seeing different leaders (nations?) wanting to lead mutantkind differently.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Highly interesting… as always with these shakeups, my mind goes to “who’s on what team/in what book, what are the creative teams, where will they be domiciled, and will there be new costumes.”
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Would be cool to see the younger generations break away and do their own thing.

How accurate is BC normally when it comes to these things?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Much to chew on. Thanks for posting!

"Expect a 'back to basics' for X-Men with separate teams and a fresh, significant twist."

I'm hoping the fresh twist is along the lines of different mutant factions approaching things in their own ways. Since Krakoa was about unity I think the next logical storyline step is seeing different leaders (nations?) wanting to lead mutantkind differently.
    I could see two major ones, one still on Krakoa and another at the mansion. Try and keep both groups happy with the era ending.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    How accurate is BC normally when it comes to these things?

I could see two major ones, one still on Krakoa and another at the mansion. Try and keep both groups happy with the era ending.
    A Krakoan gov side and a "X-heroic" side. i like that.

Astonishing Member

I'm getting an impression, that it's going to be some sort of Schism situation, with X-Men leaving Krakoa behind and restarting the school, while Krakoa will remain under the leadership of either Magneto or Apocalypse, and their side will be actually more radical and antagonistic. Basically, return to basics, but without getting rid of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 12-01-2023 at 11:09 AM.

One of the great things about Krakoa is that almost everything felt like a must read title. There’s been some stuff where I regret wasting my time (Realm of X, X-Corp), stuff where I’ve questioned the decision to publish it (Fallen Angels, Rogue and Gambit), and stuff that I straight up didn’t care about (Bishop War College) but for the most part everything has been exciting to read. I don’t think I would’ve bothered with a Wolverine solo without the hook of Krakoa tbh. It’ll be a bummer to lose that feeling of things being in sync like that but I’m kinda looking to forward to being choosy again.

I just wish they would reveal the creators involved (not story details or specific titles) so I could pick early lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Fifthly: "Back to Basics" doesn't excite me too much but I'll wait to see how it's executed with that "big new twist".

Fourthly: Maybe I'm reading that wrong but I thought the Dominion storyline was happening at the end of this Krakoa era post RotPoX, with MFnR being the "version of Sinister" who becomes Dominion and has to be defeated...all before the Brevoort relaunch.

Thirdly: YAY! My Darkchilde!!!

Secondly: My biggest interest and joy, if true...Krakoa is still a part of the Mutant landscape going forward. And hopefully Arakko.

Firstly: Enh! Too vague to care much about. Maybe Krakoa (reunited with Arakko...becoming Okkara) and its mutant population (those who wish to go with him and be Krakoans) relocates to the Blue Area of the Moon...as we saw in one of Moira X's lives...which would be coolz and logical, though not much of a "twist" if that's what they're going for.. With a portion of mutants and X-heroes remaining on Earth to fight the good fight for "coexistence with those who will always hate and fear us". Not quite a schism but enough separation to allow each faction to do what they want to do however they want to do it with some overlap.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-01-2023 at 11:21 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!