Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

those leaks are lame af

While I’m sure Duggan will continue to write Iron Man once he leaves X-Men I doubt there will be a ton of mutant stuff going on in the book after Fall and Rise are wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    those leaks are lame af
    No way they're true. At least not all of them. My guess? And this would be best case scenario/giving it a lot of benefit of the doubt... the leaker got some stuff right but obviously some stuff twisted.

- For example... will they do a team-up book with Deadpool & Wolverine? Bishop66 said the same thing the other day, so sure I believe that one. Laura taking back over the Wolverine solo book? That one might make sense too, especially since Logan teaming up with Wade ought to be the big seller. Might as well capitalize on the Wolverine brand in the solo book and push Laura. Since she's also rumored to be in the Deadpool 3 movie. These things make sense to me.

- I also think that there's something brewing with Magik, as Bleeding Cool said the same. Is she the new Magneto of the books? I'm betting it's not that cut and dried, if true at all.

- Will Scott and Jean take a timeout from the books for a bit to work on their marriage? That also might make sense, considering what the two of them have been through recently. It would be a good way for Marvel to close the door on their experimental polyamory phase too... never to be mentioned again I'm sure. Ha. Removing the love triangle would be a welcome thing IMO. Really hope the MCU doesn't repeat it and instead goes a different way with the three (or four) of them... (I still think Logan and Dazzler might be a fun couple... but if Taylor Swift plays her in DP3 that might be creepy, as Hugh Jackman is about 20 years older; then again, comic book Wolverine is probably about 90 years older... so there's that... but I digress...).

- Finally, will Rob Liefeld do some meaningless, standalone minis in the new era? For sure. He did create Deadpool after all. In fact, didn't they announce two series from him coming out next year? One with Cable and the O5 and another with Deadpool? I think so. But no way on God's green Earth is he going to be an architect of this next era, overseeing not one but two X-Force titles plus a book called Deadpool & the X-men. No. Chance.

My $.02, for what it's worth. There could be kernels of truth in there and, actually, I kind of hope there are. But the whole package sounds ass.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

- Will Scott and Jean take a timeout from the books for a bit to work on their marriage? That also might make sense, considering what the two of them have been through recently. It would be a good way for Marvel to close the door on their experimental polyamory phase too... never to be mentioned again I'm sure. Ha. Removing the love triangle would be a welcome thing IMO. Really hope the MCU doesn't repeat it and instead goes a different way with the three (or four) of them... (I still think Logan and Dazzler might be a fun couple... but if Taylor Swift plays her in DP3 that might be creepy, as Hugh Jackman is about 20 years older; then again, comic book Wolverine is probably about 90 years older... so there's that... but I digress...).
    This doesn't make much sense actually, Cyclops has been benched the whole Krakoa era (it was actually his worst era as a character) so relegating him again would be a terrible decision, and they should retcon the open relationship phase not just pretend that it didn't happen, it sets a bad precedent for Scott's character, I think Scott and Jean should divorce, they don't work as a couple and Krakoa has ruined them together beyond repair, this way Jean can finally be with Logan which is what she's always wanted and Scott can get back with Emma or get a new love interest that actually likes him and isn't constantly cheating/on the verge of cheating.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    those leaks are lame af
    It's so early to have story beats like this already in place and then to have them leak is ridiculous

Ultimate Member

But if Ilyanna followed in the footsteps of her 'evil mentor' Belasco, she could change her name to Shelasco!

Which is as much as I'm gonna engage in these BS 'leaks.'

I feel like the Illyana leaks are coming from suggestions that Brevoort didn't like her being brought back to life or the whole demon thing.

But the real thing that convinces me it's not real is benching Scott and Jean and putting Logan in a team-up book instead of a solo.

It's pretty common for amateur faux-leakers on 4chan to make these specific, overly detailed and direct statements just before a major release/after a news drop, when they have enough info to extrapolate.

To give an example, Pokemon "leaks" on /vp/ will follow a format

>No leaker will post about [X Pokemon] getting a new evo
    >Official news site or legit leaker will reveal [X Pokemon] getting a new evo
    >Leakers will post details and mention that new evo, trying to look like they have credibility because their information lines up with what little details are known
    >Just ignore that they're only making this claim after the detail was officially known, and not before;

It's why some legit leakers will sometimes throw in fake info to suss out fakers: the fakers will latch onto those details ("We're getting an Alolan Oddish in Ultra Sun/Moon!") after hearing about them, in order to look credible. Like this person heard "Magik is getting a big role" and "Brevoort didn't like Magik," and is trying to spin something out of it.

It coooould be true, I mean never say never. But man this post reeks of low-effort. And as a side-note: this post is formatted exactly like the pre-Krakoa era leak, which had such gems as "Bishop would be sent back to his future to cut down on time travel characters besides Cable," and "Academy X students are getting a book." I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person, once again trying to pass off their guesses as leaks. The timing and writing style fit too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Yeah these are actually pretty generic and 'safe bet' kinda leaks. Very broad concepts to toss out there based on someone believing they're likely extrapolations of what little we do know, and if any of them do end up matching something that happens they can point back to this and be like 'called it' but they're still unsubstantial enough that if they don't end up panning out, nobody's even likely to remember two years from now like 'hey lol remember when someone was SURE that Jean and Scott were going to retire or Apocalypse and Emma were going to be gone'?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's pretty common for amateur faux-leakers on 4chan to make these specific, overly detailed and direct statements just before a major release/after a news drop, when they have enough info to extrapolate.

To give an example, Pokemon "leaks" on /vp/ will follow a format

>No leaker will post about [X Pokemon] getting a new evo
    >Official news site or legit leaker will reveal [X Pokemon] getting a new evo
    >Leakers will post details and mention that new evo, trying to look like they have credibility because their information lines up with what little details are known
    >Just ignore that they're only making this claim after the detail was officially known, and not before;

It's why some legit leakers will sometimes throw in fake info to suss out fakers: the fakers will latch onto those details ("We're getting an Alolan Oddish in Ultra Sun/Moon!") after hearing about them, in order to look credible. Like this person heard "Magik is getting a big role" and "Brevoort didn't like Magik," and is trying to spin something out of it.

It coooould be true, I mean never say never. But man this post reeks of low-effort. And as a side-note: this post is formatted exactly like the pre-Krakoa era leak, which had such gems as "Bishop would be sent back to his future to cut down on time travel characters besides Cable," and "Academy X students are getting a book." I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person, once again trying to pass off their guesses as leaks. The timing and writing style fit too well.
    X-Leakers (and comics leakers in general) always leave out artists. Granted this one had Liefeld lol

“They couldn’t even at least try to come up with a better lineup of books than two X-Forces and three Deadpools. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's so early to have story beats like this already in place and then to have them leak is ridiculous
    It’s so early, in fact, that if these were real (which they’re not). There’s still a lot of time to pivot into a new plan.

- I also think that there's something brewing with Magik, as Bleeding Cool said the same. Is she the new Magneto of the books? I'm betting it's not that cut and dried, if true at all.
    When I see things like this I always feel like they just go based off of other leaks to make theirs sound more legit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah these are actually pretty generic and 'safe bet' kinda leaks. Very broad concepts to toss out there based on someone believing they're likely extrapolations of what little we do know, and if any of them do end up matching something that happens they can point back to this and be like 'called it' but they're still unsubstantial enough that if they don't end up panning out, nobody's even likely to remember two years from now like 'hey lol remember when someone was SURE that Jean and Scott were going to retire or Apocalypse and Emma were going to be gone'?
    I didn't think about this before, but what would be the difference between "gone" and "retired"?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Illyana leaks are coming from suggestions that Brevoort didn't like her being brought back to life or the whole demon thing.

But the real thing that convinces me it's not real is benching Scott and Jean and putting Logan in a team-up book instead of a solo.
    Brevoot's saying he hates Magik is from years before she was brought back. What he said was that if she hadn't been killed off already he'd have loved to kill her off himself. The actual reason he hated her was that he hated having a character who was strongly implied to have been sexually abused around.

No way they're true. At least not all of them. My guess? And this would be best case scenario/giving it a lot of benefit of the doubt... the leaker got some stuff right but obviously some stuff twisted.

- For example... will they do a team-up book with Deadpool & Wolverine? Bishop66 said the same thing the other day, so sure I believe that one. Laura taking back over the Wolverine solo book? That one might make sense too, especially since Logan teaming up with Wade ought to be the big seller. Might as well capitalize on the Wolverine brand in the solo book and push Laura. Since she's also rumored to be in the Deadpool 3 movie. These things make sense to me.
    Sure there is some overlap between deadpool and wolverine fans but not all of us are into both. The only time i liked deadpool was during uncanny x-force. So it would be really disappointing if logan is going to be placed in a team-up book.

As for the rest of the rumors i hope the aren’t true because i see no star writer in that line up

Well some seem possible
    Last edited by Braxxer; 12-13-2023 at 08:50 AM.