Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Imo some things might be true
    - jubilee bigger role - she’s mentioned in fcbd issue
    - rainbow in xoffice - she was asked by Tom to write that jean scott story for marvel 1000
    - slott doing something xmen related was mentioned a few times
    - wolverine /deadpool - the upcoming Deadpool movie +
    But most of these are logical conclusions that anyone with access to the internet could come up with. They don’t indicate inside information.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But most of these are logical conclusions that anyone with access to the internet could come up with. They don’t indicate inside information.
    Right... the three Deadpool titles was the main give away that this is just speculation. Marvel doesn't like synergy that much, and they're usually really bad at properly elevating characters when their movies come out. No Scarlet Witch title when WandaVision released, Ms. Marvel only getting mini's during her big screen debut, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yup.

I doubt the Krakoa era can be ignored that easyly. also no Emma. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Yup.

I doubt the Krakoa era can be ignored that easyly. also no Emma. weird.
    Emma JUST got elevated to the Illuminati. If anything I see her having more of a role in the wider MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Emma JUST got elevated to the Illuminati. If anything I see her having more of a role in the wider MU.
    Yeah but absent totally of the X is one thing.

I think ill be a Rogue in uncanny avengers situation. now if fall of x ends with the real wedding of the X+A maybe i can get it.

Astonishing Member

Most of these ''leaks'', as far as I'm concerned, based on some obvious things, like them pushing Kamala as the new X-Men character or Logan and Deadpool having team-ups because of the movie, or Beast character getting a huge reset. Magik info was revealed by Bleeding Cool before this report, so, it's also not a surprise. Laura taking over Wolverine title might be based on rumor/assumption, that she's actually going to be ''the main'' Wolverine in MCU after Secret Wars.
    I can see Charles, Apocalypse, Moira, Destiny and Sinister not making it out alive, I can even believe that Magneto might once again die in the end. But there's not a single chance they're killing off Emma and benching Scott and Jean, and if they're doing that, well, it's incredibly stupid move.
    And I don't really get keeping Iron Man close to X-Men.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 12-14-2023 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Most of these ''leaks'', as far as I'm concerned, based on some obvious things, like them pushing Kamala as the new X-Men character or Logan and Deadpool having team-ups because of the movie, or Beast character getting a huge reset. Magik info was revealed by Bleeding Cool before this report, so, it's also not a surprise. Lara taking over Wolverine title might be based on rumor/assumption, that she's actually going to be ''the main'' Wolverine in MCU after Secret Wars.
    I can see Charles, Apocalypse, Moira, Destiny and Sinister not making it out alive, I can even believe that Magneto might once again die in the end. But there's not a single chance they're killing off Emma and benching Scott and Jean, and if they're doing that, well, it's incredibly stupid move.
    And I don't really get keeping Iron Man close to X-Men.
    Agreed. Seems like they connected some dots, particularly MCU dots both rumored and things that are actually happening, and made this up. But it could also be that they got some specifics from someone, and in the game of telephone that ensued it's not all accurate but some of it is directionally correct (e.g., a Deadpool & Wolverine team-up series, which bishop66 also said was happening on these boards).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

i can see Emma and Tony having a Uncanny Avengers team. and even a relationship but...

All-New Member

Probably not the right place for this, and inothing against the views of the previous poster. But I see the idea that Scott and Jean don't work as a couple on these forums over and over. I don't understand it. They worked until Grant Morrison and New X-Men editorial team didn't want them to work. I recognize her dynamic with Wolverine before and during that time, and Scott's earlier flirtation with Betsy. But until New X-Men, they had issues and they worked to resolve/overcome them by committing to each other. That is how couples grow and work.

Further, to me, Morrison's decision to have Scott view the relationship as adolescent and never maturing, which think has come to define how many view the relationship, never made sense. Beyond the challenges and growth they endured together in the normal 616 timeline, they had an additional 12 years of married life together raising a child together. That is adult and mature is of itself...but Scott and Jean were raising a child and preparing him to save civilization.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    Probably not the right place for this, and inothing against the views of the previous poster. But I see the idea that Scott and Jean don't work as a couple on these forums over and over. I don't understand it. They worked until Grant Morrison and New X-Men editorial team didn't want them to work. I recognize her dynamic with Wolverine before and during that time, and Scott's earlier flirtation with Betsy. But until New X-Men, they had issues and they worked to resolve/overcome them by committing to each other. That is how couples grow and work.

Further, to me, Morrison's decision to have Scott view the relationship as adolescent and never maturing, which think has come to define how many view the relationship, never made sense. Beyond the challenges and growth they endured together in the normal 616 timeline, they had an additional 12 years of married life together raising a child together. That is adult and mature is of itself...but Scott and Jean were raising a child and preparing him to save civilization.
    This is a topic near and dear to my heart, given that my favorite character is kinda routinely killed off to give a character I don't like more of an arc. Jean and Scott don't work as far as being narratively entertaining because there is no dynamism. They are flat with no banter or pizazz. They are, at best, pretty but not sexy, baked chicken with no spices, a horizontal line on a chart.

Most importantly, they also do not work as far as allowing the best possible depictions of the characters, or not the best possible depiction of Jean, anyway. The best take on Jean is that she is a space god who still remembers being, and still is being, human. Counter to that, the bulk of parties interested in Cyclops stories want him to be the Tim Pool/Andrew Tate idea of what a powerful man looks like, and trying to pair that with a female character who is supposed to be cosmically important in a literal sense, working on a narrative of her own, and ultimately rather strong-willed does not work. What ends up happening in the best possible outcome of this is that Jean becomes flat and none of her mythology is worked on because powerful women are threatening. In the worst possible outcome, Jean is killed off to provide an impetus for a certain other character.

Truthfully, the pairing has played out its possibilities and run its course, and arguably has for a while, which may be why there are like 5 magical children from the future to try to add some dynamism to it.

As far as these "leaks" go, as far as writing them out/retiring them/whatever, that could happen with Jean once again, sure, but that is not happening with Cyclops; there is a 0% chance of that.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-13-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Right... the three Deadpool titles was the main give away that this is just speculation. Marvel doesn't like synergy that much, and they're usually really bad at properly elevating characters when their movies come out. No Scarlet Witch title when WandaVision released, Ms. Marvel only getting mini's during her big screen debut, etc.
    I agree.

That was a Dead give away for me as well that it was FAKE. There is No way IN HELL Deadpool is headlining 3 X-Men Titles. Just NO. Also, why would there be a Uncanny X-Force book and a Dark X-Force book. Like...why???
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Fantastic Member

lielfeld does have a few x-relatead projects set u p for 2024 there usually on the outside fringes of the current contntityu but with breevort that may have changed..... him and white defiltny did not see eye to eye. I know liefeld gets at lot of hate but his recent deadpool ls was far and away better both quality and sales wise than alll the recent garbage fall of x x limited series not even close

Another LARGE RUMOR probably guessing or putting things together by interviews and yada yada

someone ANONYMOUSLY so take it with a major grain of salt (is that the expression)

Line starts in August:

Uncanny X-Men Kelly/Lanzing/Carnero
    Astonishing X-Men Orlando/Pichelli
    X-Men Cantwell/Marquez
    Wolverine and Deadpool Simone/Maresca
    X-Factor Camp (no artist attached)
    Marauders Foxe/Carratu
    Generation X Williams (IDK what Williams)

Probably more reddit nonsense BUT I would not mind Kelly and Lanzing and Camp and Foxe on the X-Line

They also said that Krakoa end in July with Uncanny 700 and the Gillen is either doing some or all of it.

And then Giant Size X-Men will come out after that and Kelly and Lanzing are setting up Post Krakoa.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-13-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Another LARGE RUMOR probably guessing or putting things together by interviews and yada yada

someone ANONYMOUSLY so take it with a major grain of salt (is that the expression)

Line starts in August:

X-Men Cantwell/Marquez
    Marauders Foxe/Carratu

Probably more reddit nonsense BUT I would not mind Kelly and Lanzing and Camp and Foxe on the X-Line

They also said that Krakoa end in July with Uncanny 700 and the Gillen is either doing some or all of it.

And then Giant Size X-Men will come out after that and Kelly and Lanzing are setting up Post Krakoa.
    Saw that one earlier. Person who posted it said it was also fake.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Line starts in August:

X-Men Cantwell/Marquez
    Marauders Foxe/Carratu

I wouldn't mind this at all if it turned out to be true. Though I think if Foxe was indeed staying he'd probably get an "X-Men" book. And since it's been the longest running book I would think X-Force would be part of the initial lineup but it could always come a little later. Grain of salt on all of it, of course. Thanks for posting!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!