Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1352

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    did he ever answer if there will be Data Pages?
    I'm pretty sure those will be gone. They're a hallmark of all of Hickman's books (except for his newest, Ultimate Spider-Man, which might be because they've become too associated with X-Men), and the rest of the Krakoa era X-line followed his lead. But they've been getting used less and less recently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure those will be gone. They're a hallmark of all of Hickman's books (except for his newest, Ultimate Spider-Man, which might be because they've become too associated with X-Men), and the rest of the Krakoa era X-line followed his lead. But they've been getting used less and less recently.
    it makes sense, I wonder if they will come up with another unique thing for the books

I liked data pages when they were done creatively, like maps or graphs. Something visual. Eventually though they just became paragraphs of text, which I found lazy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    If the editor had been doing his job, Hickman probably wouldn’t have left. It’s like… the Clone Saga. They had a plan and because it was successful, they stretched it out WAY farther than they should have until people were sick of it and had to alter course. They should have let Ben stay Spider-Man instead of freaking out and changing it back so fast.
    Generally there is a plan in place. However other factors get in the way at times.

Take say McDuffie's JLA run. He plotted that book out to issue 50 with plans to restore the roster with Superman, WW & Batman after what they had going on in their solos was done with in order to prevent spoilers.
    He got removed because of FANS (mainly trolls taking issue with 4 blacks on the team-NOT by his choice but editorial) and he only went to issue 37.

Damian Wayne wasn't suppose to come back and DC had planned on Duke Thomas as a new Robin. Warner Brothers AGAIN stopped that like they did with Batman Returns (at the cost of paying Marlin Wayans to be in two movies and getting an actual costume made). Damian came back due to fans and interest in what would become Supersons (that was ruined by aging up Jon Kent).

I am sure Jane Foster as Thor lasted longer than expected because of sales.

Ms Marvel lasting 80+ issues when she wasn't expected to make issue 6.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Update from Gail Simone’s panel at WonderCon: Uncanny is shipping 18 issues in Year 1; so no reason at least X-Men won’t be the same. A plus for me!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Update from Gail Simone’s panel at WonderCon: Uncanny is shipping 18 issues in Year 1; so no reason at least X-Men won’t be the same. A plus for me!
    This is great news, the more the better! I'm now curious about who will be alternating with Marquez and possibly Stegman to keep the books on schedule.

another quote from the con: (admittedly might be common knowledge)

"Gail has been a fan since Chris Claremont's run as a young person."

As for a tease for Uncanny...

"Gail says that her Uncanny X-Men is a creepy Southern Gothic tale set in Louisiana, in a house where Gambit spent a lot of time in. There will be FOUR new young mutants who show up to the door. Gail's "new mutants" are based on "hidden disabilities" represented through mutation. Their powers aren't obvious, like "popping claws."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

"Gail says that her Uncanny X-Men is a creepy Southern Gothic tale set in Louisiana, in a house where Gambit spent a lot of time in. There will be FOUR new young mutants who show up to the door. Gail's "new mutants" are based on "hidden disabilities" represented through mutation. Their powers aren't obvious, like "popping claws."
    Spinal Muscular Atrophy - with Telekinesis to move and have breathing
    Medium Chain acyl CoA dehydrogenase deficiency - Chlorophyll mutation to produce carbohydrate from sunlight
    FIRES - thermokinesis
    Hypolastic left heart syndrome - blood bending - molecular level
    Fibrodysplasia ossficans progressiva - astral projection

Fantastic Member

18 issues a year is great id even be happy with 16 as both someone at a comic shop and fan contrary to the people who bitch on these boards more issues of teh main series are better for everyone.....i know there were some other issues why this wasnt done much in the krakoa era since it first started but honestly would have been a lot better to have more of the core books than some of the past doa limited series which in all honestly were some of the worst x-books of all time

I'm glad for the different cities. This needs to be a permanent development. I can see at least one more city a team needs to be based in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

Thanks !

I like thematical powers they're always fun ! Like GenX and puberty.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    did he ever answer if there will be Data Pages?
    I believe it was Kieron Gillen who said Enigma has been writing the Data Pages since the start of the Krakoa era? No more Enigma, no more Data Pages LOL

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I believe it was Kieron Gillen who said Enigma has been writing the Data Pages since the start of the Krakoa era? No more Enigma, no more Data Pages LOL
    wait for reals? Was this is ever shown in any books?

That's pretty crazy

okay, what are Data Pages...?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think they were useful as a tool for worldbuilding back at the start of HoX when the writers still cared about that stuff. Gillen used them for equal effect on Eternals for instance. But once Hickman left, the books slowly became less about worldbuilding and more generic superheroics.