Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1352
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    That had less to do with Brevoort and more to do with Quesada. For example Brevoort was against Winter Soldier idea, but Quesada was sold on it. And of course Bendis was always one of Quesada's writers back when he was doing Marvel Knights. The revival of the Avengers related books during that era had far less to do with Brevoort and more to do with Quesada. Current day Brevoort left to himself is stuff like Jason Aaron's Avengers.
    Damn that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Probably a combination of Covid, Hickman leaving, and inflation

The whole Krakoa era was releasing in an extraordinary time of major seismic events happening in the real world
    Yeah there were a lot of things going on. Brevoort started his work in the X-office in August 2023 right as Fall of X was starting so my guess has always been they decided to make the big chance somewhere around the end of Sins of Sinister.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Which one ?
    That Breevort was the editor years before New Avengers.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah there were a lot of things going on. Brevoort started his work in the X-office in August 2023 right as Fall of X was starting so my guess has always been they decided to make the big chance somewhere around the end of Sins of Sinister.
    I could definitely believe that Sins of Sinister was the final straw for the Marvel higher ups.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Tom: Honest answer here, Nacho, is that this would have led into something that Jordan White would have been putting together in the post-Krakoa period had he remained on the X-Line—he had started to develop some thoughts as to where to take things next before we made our editorial switch. So it’s a casualty of me taking over. Sorry about that.
    So that confirms the suspicions that a lot of us had: 1) That New X-Men was from the old X-Office and thus was canceled, and 2) That the switch to a new editorial team was sudden, and not some long-planned development. I appreciate how open and honest Brevoort is with his answers. I wonder if we'll ever find out what exactly it was that caused the higher ups at Marvel to want a new direction, especially since that answer implies Krakoa was ending even if White had stayed on as editor.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I could definitely believe that Sins of Sinister was the final straw for the Marvel higher ups.
    was it not a big seller?

also all of this is so asinine, they forced Hickman out so the others can "play" in Krakoa for a longer period of time and then they get pulled off the titles and the status quo is reset.

this is reminding me of post Morrison where they completely ignored all of the work that was done and forced a reset.

and I stopped reading until Hickman, I think I'm gonna be done here after this is done too.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    was it not a big seller?

also all of this is so asinine, they forced Hickman out so the others can "play" in Krakoa for a longer period of time and then they get pulled off the titles and the status quo is reset.

this is reminding me of post Morrison where they completely ignored all of the work that was done and forced a reset.

and I stopped reading until Hickman, I think I'm gonna be done here after this is done too.
    I don't know how well it sold but by that point it was pretty clear that there wasn't really a plan for the line and the stall tactics began.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I don't know how well it sold but by that point it was pretty clear that there wasn't really a plan for the line and the stall tactics began.
    You're totally this is where the entire line kinda stalled

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    was it not a big seller?

This is almost exactly what happened with Morrison. Ironic too since Hickman built on Morrison’s New X-Men run on both Avengers and X-Men

This is almost exactly what happened with Morrison. Ironic too since Hickman built on Morrison’s New X-Men run on both Avengers and X-Men
    I know, it sucks so hard

A lot of Morrison's work was retconned, but Whedon and Carey both built off of what he did in interesting ways (Carey was interesting; Whedon took 4 years to put Kitty in a bullet). From what writers have said, they are not ignoring Krakoa here or retconning it.

Astonishing Member

Considering how much longterm damage Morrison's run caused to the world, atmosphere, direction and theme of the X-men in the comics over the last two decades, all while being revered and held on a pedestal like a cursed idol, doesn't create a lot of optimism for the future of the line after this.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-18-2024 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering how much longterm damage Morrison's run caused to the world, atmosphere, direction and theme of the X-men in the comics over the last two decades, all while being revered and held on a pedestal like a cursed idol, doesn't create a lot of optimism for the future of the line after this.
    What damage did morrison do?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    What damage did morrison do?
    He broke the metaphor by flipping it on its head, wherein this marginalized minority was going to become the majority within a couple of generations… to the point where Joe Q felt he had to “put the genie back in the bottle”… except… well… nah. I shouldn’t have to point to it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Honestly Sins of Sinister was not needed and they should have just focused on not interrupting the current stories of the writers but Gillen, Ewing and Spurrier wanted to go bonkers for some reason.

Imagine if they actually fleshed out their current stories instead of doing AU Sins of Sinister.

I can see why the big wigs at Marvel were like 'and we're done'. Get back to basics.