Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Another sign that the X-Books are now Marvel's main priority again?
    I guess the X-Men are truly over their Krakoa era. At least White gets time to end his time on the books, too.
    Hasn't Brevoort had less than flattering things to say about the X-Men over the years? Or was that only when people compared X-Men to his Avengers?
    Popverse seems to agree:
    https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-x...s-tom-brevoort

"Marvel shifts gears and begins what could be the biggest X-Men effort in decades"
    "The X-Men are about to become Marvel's top priority, it seems"
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

But the biggest questions...
    1) Will we go back to the X-Mansion? (This would feel like regression.)
    2) Will we have to wait for the new era to get Uncanny X-Men back? (Definitely necessary!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm guessing they'll want to make the post-Krakoa era more new reader friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Is there hope for the academy x kids ?
    There's no way he won't be charmed by Hellion's wit and pizzazz. As long as we get him to read Hellion's stories, we gucci.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Spectacular Member

X-men is least interesting when its a straight super hero book. Its sci fi and social commentary are what make it unique.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Probably not, friend.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm guessing they'll want to make the post-Krakoa era more new reader friendly
    That's okies. As per Brevoort it's still a long ways away from that new era so...I'm glad we get more time to be with Krakoa until the change-over.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

No problem with me. The X-office and it's non-diverse line up has been in need of a shakeup for a while now. When an accomplished writer with a great handle on characters like Kelly Thompson comes out and says she wasn't allowed to write anything X-related then you really have to question why that is.

While I'm not a hater of the Krakoa era personally it's also undeniable the franchise has drifted heavily from its roots and from what most people have in mind when they hear X-Men.

While the actual behind the scenes events will always be a mystery to us, I assume this move is supposed to correct some of these things and that always has to start at the top. And whose better for that then someone with a ton of experience under his belt?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not a coincidence this will likely take affect around when the X-Men start taking prominence in Marvel Studios

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Funny, I've been reading Tom Brevoort's Substack newsletter for a few months now and have been enjoying his candor, his behind-the-scenes stuff, the way he interacts with fans... all the while thinking he's the best editor working at Marvel and how cool it would be if he became line editor of the X-books one day.

To say I'm excited about him coming onboard would be an understatement. The length of his tenure at Marvel despite the number of purges and bosses they went through over the last couple of decades, the quality and diversity of the books he worked on, the high-profile creative teams he picked for the Avengers from day 1... the list of his accomplishments is truly impressive and I for one can't wait to see what he does with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Popverse seems to agree:
    https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-x...s-tom-brevoort

"Marvel shifts gears and begins what could be the biggest X-Men effort in decades"
    "The X-Men are about to become Marvel's top priority, it seems"
    This is spot on. Make no mistake, the Senior VP of Publishing coming onboard the X-books is a huge deal and a clear sign priorities are being realigned as Marvel prepares to make the most of the X-Men brand.

Can’t wait for rogue and gambit to sell their marriage to Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Funny, I've been reading Tom Brevoort's Substack newsletter for a few months now and have been enjoying his candor, his behind-the-scenes stuff, the way he interacts with fans... all the while thinking he's the best editor working at Marvel and how cool it would be if he became line editor of the X-books one day.

To say I'm excited about him coming onboard would be an understatement. The length of his tenure at Marvel despite the number of purges and bosses they went through over the last couple of decades, the quality and diversity of the books he worked on, the high-profile creative teams he picked for the Avengers from day 1... the list of his accomplishments is truly impressive and I for one can't wait to see what he does with the X-Men.
    I was looking forward to reading your take on all of this. Thank you, friend!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If he heads the Avengers fiefdom, has there been anything for the Young Avengers? Avengers Academy?

Strange academy is getting a new thing so...one out of three?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It's interesting how Brevoort replied to a reader's question about him possibly taking over the X-Men line just towards the end of July... that last mention of Jordan White makes me think this was a pretty sudden change if White was brainstorming plans for the future of the X-Men.

Source: https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/69-sixty-nine-dudes

Tom, it seems to me from the outside looking in that you can go one of two ways as a Marvel editor: toward the “Marvel heroes” (the Avengers, etc.), or the X-Men. Is that true to any extent? If so, do you recall when you made “the choice”? Did you? And do you have an idea of what YOUR X-Men book would be? At least before the Krakoan age? Or even now?

I don’t really think it’s as simple as all that, Nick. For one thing, there are definitely other camps than just Avengers or X-Men. Spider-Man is a big one, as are licensed properties such as the Star Wars titles. And people do bounce around. Nick Lowe, who has been the Spidey editor for many years was working on X-Men titles before that. And Jordan White, the current X-Men editor, did much of his work before that on Star Wars books. And that’s to say nothing of people like Wil Moss, who worked on characters such as Superman and the Flash, whoever they are, before taking on Thor and the Hulk. In terms of what my X-MEN book might look like, I think there are multiple answers to that. As a reader, I came in on the Chris Claremont/Dave Cockrum/John Byrne era, so that’s always the X-Men material that speaks the most directly to me. But I’m also well aware that there have been forty years of stories since then, with the introduction and inclusions of many, many characters into that line since then. So I don’t think I’d be simply trying to re-create the feel and flavor of that old run, not as the only thing at least. I did spend an hour or so one day recently bouncing ideas around with Jordan White as a springboard as he began to work out his future plans for the X-Titles, and that implied some notions as to how I might go about structuring that line of books myself if I were ever to take it over. Not that I’m going to reveal any of that here. And honestly, if such a thing happened, by the time that it did, the ball would be elsewhere on the playing field and I’d need to begin my thinking from scratch again.