Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

This will be an interesting change. But IMO it CANNOT be a hard reset to the mansion.

It would be cool to keep all these locations open and in the sand box.

They can have a the X-Mansion back but id still want Arrako and Krakoa to be in play. Or if they end up losing Mars. Move Arrako to Genosha.

I think Duggan mentioned on Xwitter that he has outlines in place till 2027.

2019-2027 is a good chunk of time and good era.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-11-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Until actual results become noticable this might be a good time to listen to Won't Get Fooled Again and wait, rather than pre-emptively get optimistic, excited or negative.

Love this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll be a big change at all.
    Well, there’ll be a lot less Kitty Pryde everywhere, to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    No problem with me. The X-office and it's non-diverse line up has been in need of a shakeup for a while now. When an accomplished writer with a great handle on characters like Kelly Thompson comes out and says she wasn't allowed to write anything X-related then you really have to question why that is.

While I'm not a hater of the Krakoa era personally it's also undeniable the franchise has drifted heavily from its roots and from what most people have in mind when they hear X-Men.

While the actual behind the scenes events will always be a mystery to us, I assume this move is supposed to correct some of these things and that always has to start at the top. And whose better for that then someone with a ton of experience under his belt?
    Absolutely agreed with all of this. If this means that the diversity of the creative team is going to finally reflect what the message of these books are, that is pretty damn exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's interesting how Brevoort replied to a reader's question about him possibly taking over the X-Men line just towards the end of July... that last mention of Jordan White makes me think this was a pretty sudden change if White was brainstorming plans for the future of the X-Men.

Source: https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/69-sixty-nine-dudes
    I like that he makes clear that just because he grew up on Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era that doesn't mean that should be the sole target vibe.

For those who didn't read it, this is what he wrote on August 6th about what would be today's news.

"So August 1, 2023 was the day it all changed. We’re not ready yet to say anything more about what this is or what’s coming next, but it’s all pretty exciting. It’s been keeping my brain whirling with ideas and concepts enough to where it’s disrupting my sleep cycle in a big way, which had better calm down soon or I’m not going to be in any shape to carry out the mission. There’ll be more to come in the days ahead, likely sooner rather than later as I begin the process of constructing my machine and getting things moving. I’m sorry this is all so mysterious and teasing, but I wanted to share at least the moment of it while it still feels a bit electrifying. Who knows, it could all be downhill and into the dirt from here. But it won’t be. Because my team and I, we’re going to annihilate it."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This brings my dream of Kurt Busiek writing X-Men one step closer to reality!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Absolutely agreed with all of this. If this means that the diversity of the creative team is going to finally reflect what the message of these books are, that is pretty damn exciting.
    Serious question, since I don't keep up with the Avengers books - outside of Black Panther, who usually does have a black writer at the helm, is the Avengers writing stable any less pale and male than the X-Men's? I'm willing to see what Brevoort brings to the table, but I remember him pooh-poohing the idea of an all-black Avengers team until Ewing wanted to do it. So not sure he's going to be the guy who'll see the importance of representation.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-11-2023 at 05:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

i think this is a great move hi ssubstack is great and i remember his tumbler day sand his formspring question and answer blog which is great. and really gave great insight on how to how marvel and comics in general works While ive sometimes disagreed with some of his story choices one thing he is great at i putting talent on books both writers and artists. In his career besides the aaron avengers run which was not terrible but just blah he usually puts great writers and artists on books.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I'm NOT happy.

After reading his Ridiculous Tumblr responses to Fans. I DO NOT want him anywhere the X-Men.

#StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    FYI: Brevoort edited the entirety of AXE Judgement Day, iirc.
    He also edited HoM. He's absolutely the status quo candidate. Given that his philosophy on Avengers is let the writers do what they want, it's probably going to lead to a reset back to the Mansion since that's the path of least resistance.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 08-11-2023 at 06:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Has anyone been reading the avengers books? Lately they have gotten better but honestly under Aaron and previous writers they weren't very good. The mansion is so reductive. I hope we don't go back. There is nothing of value there.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm not sure what the vibe is here

Excited if this comes with a shake-up. Don't want Krokoa gone exactly, but for sure we need to move past the QC pls. So tired of them.

I'm with CGAR in being okay with the mansion coming back IF there are other locations still being used. There can be a mansion team and Krakoa teams and Arakko teams, etc.

Brevoort has been running the Avengers office for a long time and oversaw Bendis' Disassembled, Hickman's Secret Wars, and much more. There's a lot of history there and I think as long as he's as passionate as he seems then I have every reason to be optimistic. He also oversees Moon Knight, Fantastic Four and others.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    No problem with me. The X-office and it's non-diverse line up has been in need of a shakeup for a while now. When an accomplished writer with a great handle on characters like Kelly Thompson comes out and says she wasn't allowed to write anything X-related then you really have to question why that is.

While I'm not a hater of the Krakoa era personally it's also undeniable the franchise has drifted heavily from its roots and from what most people have in mind when they hear X-Men.

While the actual behind the scenes events will always be a mystery to us, I assume this move is supposed to correct some of these things and that always has to start at the top. And whose better for that then someone with a ton of experience under his belt?
    I can top better-when Priest and McDuffie can't even SNIFF an X-book that is a sign there are issues.

We keep hearing this trash about hiring the best talent and yet it seems to be issues with that. Especially when you get those folks and they can't do anything.

Serious question, since I don't keep up with the Avengers books - outside of Black Panther, who usually does have a black writer at the helm, is the Avengers writing stable any less pale and male than the X-Men's? I'm willing to see what Brevoort brings to the table, but I remember him pooh-poohing the idea of an all-black Avengers team until Ewing wanted to do it. So not sure he's going to be the guy who'll see the importance of representation.
    Well to be FAIR-under the Avengers banner-we saw more black characters get solo shots.

Al Ewing did not do an all black Avenger team-he did one that had more blacks on team than we normally get to see. Folks forget a version of Spider-Man and Jessica Jones and White Tiger were on that team as well.

The usual suspects tend to ask for justification of an all diverse team while trying to shame or use "sales" to justify the exclusion of said folks on teams.

Yet Generation X, New X-Men Academy, New Warriors, New Mutants & Runaways found ways to be diverse. As did teams in Milestone and Wildstorm (before DC).

Oh no. The Avengers franchise has been terrible for years and he doesn’t even seem to like the X-men very much.
    Didn’t he edit AvX?
    Plus we can probably expect more Greg Land art.
    The one good thing is that he seems to like Ewing, so he could potentially be staying even after White leaves.