Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

The main Avengers book hasn’t been good since 2015 so this is not a good sign.

Holy ****. He thinks the Claremont run of X-Men, one of the greatest comic runs of all time, is bad. This is gonna suck lol

Brevoort, the name alone reminds me that things can always be worse. Honestly that’s how I feel. I associate him mostly to the OMD debacle and the arrogance of marvel editorial during those days. They knew they were right and some pesky fans were not going to spoil that, why wheren’t they grateful that Spider-man was saved from his marriage?

So now I prepare for things to get worse. My favorite X-man Gambit haven’t flourished during the Krakoan era but I wouldn’t be surprised if Brevoort doesn’t like him and gets rid of the marriage on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Holy ****. He thinks the Claremont run of X-Men, one of the greatest comic runs of all time, is bad. This is gonna suck lol
    From what I understood, he thinks that ANAD to Pheonix saga was peak X-Men which is still Claremont. He didn't like when Claremont took the focus away from Scott and onto the Outback era Wolverine I assume, which is still a weird take but different from not liking the Claremont era at all.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Brevoort, the name alone reminds me that things can always be worse. Honestly that’s how I feel. I associate him mostly to the OMD debacle and the arrogance of marvel editorial during those days. They knew they were right and some pesky fans were not going to spoil that, why wheren’t they grateful that Spider-man was saved from his marriage?

So now I prepare for things to get worse. My favorite X-man Gambit haven’t flourished during the Krakoan era but I wouldn’t be surprised if Brevoort doesn’t like him and gets rid of the marriage on principle.
    Wow, when you put it like that. It makes me feel like NOBODY is safe.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Fantastic Member

Brevoort's big idea will be that the mansion the X-Men return to is Avengers Mansion.

Could be, but it could be that he likes Gambit. At least it's a change from someone who hasn't done anything with the character in years.

And we can pray he brings Kelly Thomson back. Lol

BANNED

Ehhhh. From what Red Blaster posted, Brevoort is also a Cyclops fan. This is going to be a tiring editorial period lol.

Based on his work on Avengers and F4 I'd say Brevoort is likely to give writers a stronger voice. The downside is that he is very likely to align the status quo with whatever the MCU is doing.

Tom Brevoort was against the marriage but he wasn't the editor of Spider-Man. He wasn't the one who made the call. All the senior editors of Marvel are against the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    FYI: Brevoort edited the entirety of AXE Judgement Day, iirc.
    As that was a damn good crossover event, I’m optimistic
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Tom Brevoort was against the marriage but he wasn't the editor of Spider-Man. He wasn't the one who made the call. All the senior editors of Marvel are against the marriage.
    Yes and I am not disputing that or claiming otherwise. I just remember Brevoort as an editor and person speaking up for OMD and back at fans claiming it was bad. He became one of the public faces of that mess, what his actual contribution was inside of the company is another matter. But as you say I doubt he was against it.

I'm curious to know what's coming for Cyclops. I love the characterization of Cyclops in the era of Utopia and Marvel Now, I hope that returns.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Ehhhh. From what Red Blaster posted, Brevoort is also a Cyclops fan. This is going to be a tiring editorial period lol.
    He and Waid are literally responsible for the "Cyclops is Hitler" bullshit from the Inhuman push. :/

The good news is that White will finally be out of the X-franchise. Bad news is that Brevoort could be do a worst job than White (although that would truly be challenging).

Good riddance. Glad that team who created the worst comic ever Rogue&Gambit vol 2 is leaving.

Hopefully Brevoort will bring a new fresh blood (NOT AARON) that will respect characters.

But it is hard to be excited for this shift considering how terrible main Avengers book was for years with Aaron and Brevoort.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-12-2023 at 09:20 AM.