Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What will Amazing Spider-Man #1000 look like?

Since we are only 75 issues away from Amazing Spider-Man #1000, I decided to start a thread on what the issue may look like three years from now. I believe we will get a book put together in a similar manner as ASM #31 (Legacy #925). A main story that contains a retrospective look at Spider-Man through the years along with many backup stories at a ten-dollar price tag. Some of the backup stories will be irrelevant fillers, while others will be previews of upcoming spider-man events. I don’t think there will be anything more to it than that. I would love to see one long story from beginning to end that contains many subplots being tied up, major reveals, undoing of OMD, and a major change in status quo for Peter Parker. However, I believe that marvel will play it safe and not go in this direction with their major milestone issue. I get a feeling that any major story will be in the #997-#999 number range instead. Let me know your thoughts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    Since we are only 75 issues away from Amazing Spider-Man #1000, I decided to start a thread on what the issue may look like three years from now. I believe we will get a book put together in a similar manner as ASM #31 (Legacy #925). A main story that contains a retrospective look at Spider-Man through the years along with many backup stories at a ten-dollar price tag. Some of the backup stories will be irrelevant fillers, while others will be previews of upcoming spider-man events. I don’t think there will be anything more to it than that. I would love to see one long story from beginning to end that contains many subplots being tied up, major reveals, undoing of OMD, and a major change in status quo for Peter Parker. However, I believe that marvel will play it safe and not go in this direction with their major milestone issue. I get a feeling that any major story will be in the #997-#999 number range instead. Let me know your thoughts.
    I would love for it just to be one long story with no filler backups. No variant covers at a 4 dollar price tag. Of course that will never happen

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I would love for it just to be one long story with no filler backups. No variant covers at a 4 dollar price tag. Of course that will never happen
    Agreed. That would actually be special as opposed to an underwhelming issue wrapped up in a pretty ten-dollar bow.

The ONE thing that a big portion of the readers want - undoing One More Day - is probably the one thing they won’t do.

If they did, I’d buy every variant for myself and my Spider-Man-loving friends.

But I think it’ll just be a retrospective issue without any major changes.

I hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    The ONE thing that a big portion of the readers want - undoing One More Day - is probably the one thing they won’t do.

If they did, I’d buy every variant for myself and my Spider-Man-loving friends.

But I think it’ll just be a retrospective issue without any major changes.

I hope I’m wrong.
    It seems foolish to want OMD undone in that issue.

If there was the editorial will to make it happen, waiting a few years means there may be someone else in charge with a different vision.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm expecting an anthology, similar to Marvel Comics #1000 and Amazing Fantasy #1000 (and the 1k issues from DC).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm expecting an anthology, similar to Marvel Comics #1000 and Amazing Fantasy #1000 (and the 1k issues from DC).
    The anthology anniversaries always suck

Incredible Member

If you think Amazing #1000 will see print at $9.99, you're being optimistic...lol!

That book will be at least $12-15 dollars minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The one thing I'm confident of is that there's going to be at least 40 pages of the main story by the standard creative team (since this is the norm for Spider-Man anniversary issues.)

It's probably best if whoever wrote the earlier issues gets to continue with that one, rather than having someone start their run with ASM 1,000, or having an A-lister tackle this one issue/ storyline.

I suspect there will be some back-up stories as well.

One question is whether the main story will be self-contained (as with #900), whether the anniversary issue will be the beginning of a new arc or whether it'll be the end (as with #800) of a big story.

From the vantage point of keeping new readers, beginning a new story makes the most sense.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    If you think Amazing #1000 will see print at $9.99, you're being optimistic...lol!

That book will be at least $12-15 dollars minimum!
    Asm 1000 will be a 1000 dollar issue we are gonna hit magic the gathering prices for this.

Astonishing Member

Oversized and overpriced

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The one thing I'm confident of is that there's going to be at least 40 pages of the main story by the standard creative team (since this is the norm for Spider-Man anniversary issues.)

It's probably best if whoever wrote the earlier issues gets to continue with that one, rather than having someone start their run with ASM 1,000, or having an A-lister tackle this one issue/ storyline.

I suspect there will be some back-up stories as well.

One question is whether the main story will be self-contained (as with #900), whether the anniversary issue will be the beginning of a new arc or whether it'll be the end (as with #800) of a big story.

From the vantage point of keeping new readers, beginning a new story makes the most sense.
    Amazing Spider-Man #900 was the worst anniversary issue in the entire title's run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems foolish to want OMD undone in that issue.

If there was the editorial will to make it happen, waiting a few years means there may be someone else in charge with a different vision.
    I don't think it's foolish to want OMD undone in issue 1000. I also would not mind several questions answered to different subplots introduced by different writers through the years such as the subplot with the multiple chameleons and Peter Parker's sister in Spencer's run. In relation to OMD, I would like to know how Mephisto's endgame plan with the marvel universe ties into his deal with Peter Paker as well as how the deal can be undone. Several subplots answered throughout issue 1000 would be great, but we all know it will never happen.

An underwhelming story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    I don't think it's foolish to want OMD undone in issue 1000. I also would not mind several questions answered to different subplots introduced by different writers through the years such as the subplot with the multiple chameleons and Peter Parker's sister in Spencer's run. In relation to OMD, I would like to know how Mephisto's endgame plan with the marvel universe ties into his deal with Peter Paker as well as how the deal can be undone. Several subplots answered throughout issue 1000 would be great, but we all know it will never happen.
    If anything its just hanging over the character and a lot of the fanbase for a long while now.