Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which still unadapted stories do you want to see adapted?

Which stories that have never been done in film or animation would you like to see as a movie or episode?

1. Zero Year - I might be alone but this would feel like such a fun blockbuster film in animation.

2. The White Knight - Elseworlds are always cool, and this has been the most successful Elseworld in over a decade with a lot of fans.

3. Harleen - Just loved this story.

4. Red Rain - been long enough since The Batman vs Dracula that I don't think it'll be derivative.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Which stories that have never been done in film or animation would you like to see as a movie or episode?

1. Zero Year - I might be alone but this would feel like such a fun blockbuster film in animation.

2. The White Knight - Elseworlds are always cool, and this has been the most successful Elseworld in over a decade with a lot of fans.

3. Harleen - Just loved this story.

4. Red Rain - been long enough since The Batman vs Dracula that I don't think it'll be derivative.
    I second Zero Year...I think it'd be great as a two-part animated film. Unfortunately, given that the story isn't really canon anymore even in the comics, or at any rate has been largely supplanted by Year One, I don't see DC/WB prioritizing it for an adaptation. But who knows? I do hope that if the Reeve films do actually give us Joker at some point, they bring in the Red Hood Gang aspect from Zero Year. I kinda like the idea that Barry Keoghan's character could potentially have been 'Red Hood One'.

I do think the Robin and Batman mini from last year could be a great blueprint for a 'Robin Year One'-esq animated film.

Knightfall !!!!

I know The Dark Knight Rises adapted elements of Knightfall, and The Animated Series did a Bane episode with very abbreviated elements of Knightfall, but I'd love to see a proper animated adaptation. Two 90 minute movies, minimum.

For part 1, adapt Knightfall. Bruce can already be suffering fatigue at the start of the movie, being over a decade into his career as Batman. Bane breaks Bruce 2/3 into the movie, and the movie ends with Azrael taking the mantle of the bat and defeating Bane. Bane's backstory is covered in flashbacks early in the movie.

Azrael's past is hinted at in part 1, but is mostly saved for flashbacks early in part 2. Part 2 is a combo adaptation of Knightquest and KnightsEnd. Azbat is the "villain" of this movie. No Bane in part 2 except a cameo showing him in Blackgate.

The White Knight would be really cool to see adapted as well. That could be a series of animated movies, if the first one does well.
    Last edited by kevink31593; 08-14-2023 at 04:22 PM.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

I personally don't really want to see White Knight and it's "Batman memes the series" adapted personally.

Knightfall is probably the big one. We've never even seen a proper AzBats in animation, I don't think.

Extraordinary Member

- Knightfall
    - No Man's Land
    - The Cult
    - Son of the Demon
    - Strange Apparitions
    - Ten Nights of the Beast
    - Batman: Outlaws
    - Batman Special #1 (the original Wrath story)
    - Jason Todd Pre Crisis Origin (that one is really underated)
    - Jason Todd Post Crisis Origin

Not really Batman Story Lines but also pretty cool would be:
    - Birds of Prey: Man Hunt
    - The first Tim Drake Robin Mini
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-14-2023 at 10:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Robin 1993 series.

Definitely, my choice would be...

The Dark Knight Strikes Again/DK2

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-15-2023 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    - Knightfall
    - No Man's Land
    - The Cult
    - Son of the Demon
    - Strange Apparitions
    - Batman: Outlaws
    - Jason Todd Pre Crisis Origin (that one is really underated)
    - Jason Todd Post Crisis Origin

Not really Batman Story Lines but also pretty cool would be:
    - Birds of Prey: Man Hunt
    - The first Tim Drake Robin Mini
    Some of the stories in the Strange Apparitions collection have been adapted as part of BTAS in one form or the other. And that run did also inspire Burton's first Batman. But yeah, I'd love to see maybe another animated project focused on that material, and that rather underrated era of Batman in general. Silver St. Cloud is probably the best Bruce Wayne love interest who isn't Selina Kyle or Talia al Ghul (frankly, I prefer her as an actual love interest over Talia).

An animated adaptation of No Man's Land wouldn't be a bad idea either - in live-action you can argue that TDKR took inspiration for it. But it'd need a more focused narrative for an adaptation with limited runtime, as opposed to the comics where it was simply the status quo for a year.

The first Wrath story is definitely prime animated film material...especially with the focus on Gordon as well.

Picking up where I left off...

5. Batman and the Monster Men - not as good a Hugo Strange story as Prey, but I feel like it'd make for a better film honestly, and it's still damn good in its own right.

6. Batman and the Mad Monk - might as well complete the set!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I personally don't really want to see White Knight and it's "Batman memes the series" adapted personally.
    Yeah but this isn't the "which unadapted stories do you not want animated" thread.

Extraordinary Member

If they ever wanted to do grungy grindhouse-type of movie with a flexible rating, I’ve got two of Doug Moench’s Legends of the Dark Knight story ideas to combine:

Prey (85% - the basic narrative structure, Strange and the hypnotized mad cop as the antagonists framing Batman for kidnapping the Mayor’s daughter and bloody crime spree)

Heat (15% - the tempestuous and moody partnership between Batman and Catwoman, because Prey barely uses Catwoman for anything, and the overall oppressive heat of the heat wave. Not-Catman can be dumped for the Prey cop)

Combine those premises into a story, figure out where to walk the line on the sketchier parts of the story, and go full 1980’s Neo-Noir with it.

No Man’s Land, honestly, would work better as the premise of a mini-series.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    If they ever wanted to do grungy grindhouse-type of movie with a flexible rating, I’ve got two of Doug Moench’s Legends of the Dark Knight story ideas to combine:

Prey (85% - the basic narrative structure, Strange and the hypnotized mad cop as the antagonists framing Batman for kidnapping the Mayor’s daughter and bloody crime spree)

Heat (15% - the tempestuous and moody partnership between Batman and Catwoman, because Prey barely uses Catwoman for anything, and the overall oppressive heat of the heat wave. Not-Catman can be dumped for the Prey cop)

Combine those premises into a story, figure out where to walk the line on the sketchier parts of the story, and go full 1980’s Neo-Noir with it.

No Man’s Land, honestly, would work better as the premise of a mini-series.
    I think Prey might be the inspiration for the The Batman Part II, since Reeves mentioned he's been re-reading it. And it makes sense for where his story is right now.

Haven't read Heat but I think it'd fit in well too.

Hugo Strange is pretty underrated as a major Batman villain, and I'm so looking forward to him making his cinematic debut. I mean, all the obvious big-name villains have already made it to the big screen in one form or the other, with only a handful of exceptions like Clayface or Man-Bat.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I want Batman: Knightfall but they'll probably do something stupid like having Damian being the Robin for that arc.

I also want to see Grant Morrison's Arkham GN and one of the Simon Hurt stories adapted.

And probably the story arc after Knightfall where Dick is Batman. They already did Dick Bats and Damian Robin in DCAU.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I want Batman: Knightfall but they'll probably do something stupid like having Damian being the Robin for that arc.

I also want to see Grant Morrison's Arkham GN and one of the Simon Hurt stories adapted.

And probably the story arc after Knightfall where Dick is Batman. They already did Dick Bats and Damian Robin in DCAU.
    Yeah agreed, Knightfall doesn't really work with Damian as Robin. No way Damian lets Jean-Paul Valley take his father's mantle. And the idea of a brutal, potentially murderous Batman loses its edge when Robin is a killer himself.

I'd be okay if the Tomorrowverse or something moves it to an earlier point in the Batman timeline and has Dick as Robin (in fact, it'd resolve one issue with the original story...if Dick is still a teenage sidekick it makes more sense why Bruce wouldn't pick him as his successor). But it doesn't make sense without a 'classic' Robin like Dick or Tim.

Extraordinary Member

I’ll also second that first Tim Drake mini; itks structured very much like a classic action movie, and King Snake is a very strong theatrical villain in it.

But I’ll also add another “hybrid” answer for another “kid” in the family:

Combine Shadow of the Batgirl with some of Cassandra Cain’s first appearances in No Man’s Land. SOTB has a great, well-paced and simplified single story for Cass, and I get why they didn’t have Batman in that book, since it was trying to emphasize Babs as Cass’s mentor. Still… I would take Cassandra’s first appearance and her encounter with Bruce and incorporate it after Cass begins hanging out in the library with Babs, and porbably give Cain his original outfit.

Now, this is probably unneccessary “fanfiction”/“fan film” ideas here, but… I would take a page out of Guardians of the Galaxy and League of Legends: Arcane to make any Cass story a blend of music videos and martial arts film. Just make an excuse that Cass long ago stole an iPod or something to pick up songs that she likes even though she doesn’t know the words, and shoot her fighting style a bit like a visceral dance. Like, imagine if she enters her “I would rather die myself than let any of these people in this impossible scenario die” thing, but set to Bittersweet Symphony or something.

(Plus, I would then have the sequel adapt her first deal with Shiva, and have mom have a similar habit with music, so that their duel is played over a rap battle or something.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    This would be a perfect Die Hard type of movie if John McClane were Batman, it has all the 1980's Cold War elements of an action film.
    This would make a perfect DC animation movie if it adapted the similar style of Michael Golden's art.