Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spider-Man: Lotus (fan film released)

Did anyone here see it? What did you think if you did? I think, of course, it was limited. And while I don't like the idea of Gwen Stacy dying at all, it handled what came after very well. The pacing felt kind of long. But I guess a lot of that was due to constraints and the fact that they were focusing more on the personal than the heroics. I do think they nailed who the characters were. Far more than the MCU version of Spider-Man's world. It was clearly very comics inspired. And fairly heavy and serious. Which I don't think should be the standard approach with Spider-Man, but that's clearly part of it that needs to be there and was absent in the MCU version until NWH. But I think as a fan film, it was impressive. And I wish the authorized adaptions would care as much about faithfulness as this did.

Thoughts?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Did anyone here see it? What did you think if you did? I think, of course, it was limited. And while I don't like the idea of Gwen Stacy dying at all, it handled what came after very well. The pacing felt kind of long. But I guess a lot of that was due to constraints and the fact that they were focusing more on the personal than the heroics. I do think they nailed who the characters were. Far more than the MCU version of Spider-Man's world. It was clearly very comics inspired. And fairly heavy and serious. Which I don't think should be the standard approach with Spider-Man, but that's clearly part of it that needs to be there and was absent in the MCU version until NWH. But I think as a fan film, it was impressive. And I wish the authorized adaptions would care as much about faithfulness as this did.

Thoughts?
    Gwen Stacy needs to die more

is this film that got hype up but then it was reported that the director or cast were acting very bad?
    Last edited by Jman27; 08-13-2023 at 08:15 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    is this film that got hype up but then it was reported that the director or cast were acting very bad?
    The controversy is crazy I think the acting coach and dude who plays norman got accused of grooming a minor on set its hella weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    The controversy is crazy I think the acting coach and dude who plays norman got accused of grooming a minor on set its hella weird.
    I just read an article about the director and lead actor past and vfx team leaving. Maybe one day I will give it a watch but not anytime soon
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

As far as I saw, the actor playing Peter and the director were friends going back to high school. And they knew someone back then, who hadn't talked to them in a long time but didn't like them anymore. So, he made public some messages where they said bad words in attempts to be edgy and shocking with their friends. The guys apologized and said that they are very different now from when they were stupid kids. Still, people decided to run with the controversy aspect. Though I'd wager we'd find bad stuff in the teenage messages of almost every actor when they were high schoolers if someone dug through tens of thousands of messages.

I just read an article about the director and lead actor past and vfx team leaving. Maybe one day I will give it a watch but not anytime soon
    The actor playing Green Goblin was also exposed as a phile so that's pretty bad too.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-13-2023 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    The actor playing Green Goblin was also exposed as a phile so that's pretty bad too.
    I heard people talking about that but haven't seen any actual proof. Are there any arrest records? I'll also say that he was hardly in the movie.

https://twitter.com/younityyy/status...81460023934976
    Why did he say this? Read below.
    spoilers:
    Green goblin actor in Lotus is a pedo. Producer tried covering it up.
    Younis didn’t know till after filming and was furious and cut himself off from the film and those who made it. Now some random weirdo from their old groupchat tried to say Younis always knew. But Younis didn’t.
    end of spoilers

Full situation: https://twitter.com/younityyy/status...89994748903424

Those links don't provide any info about the actor having a vile and monstrous attraction to prepubescent children and acting upon it somehow. And it smells fishy that this guy hasn't talked about it until now.

This looks like a fascist interpretation of Spiderman

Fantastic Member

Did anyone catch superman solar btw, I heard that was worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    This looks like a fascist interpretation of Spiderman
    How in the world is it fascist? It's an adaption of what came after The Death Of Gwen Stacy and The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man.

It's on Youtube and has two million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrUx6M6R7U
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Gwen Stacy needs to die more
    While this was not very nice, I don't know if it warranted a ban.