Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

All i got is EEEE if that's lactua looking at the first bits of life growing on Arrako on it's own. and during a war. *sheds lone tear* the epicness. Oh and yay Carmen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't help but expect all the romcom tropes where they're forced together, hate it and every minute they have to spend together, but begrudgingly grow on each other.
    I hope not. I've enjoyed him writing her so far and this is just too dumb. If it is what happens I don't think I'd want him to write her again, despite his previous works.

But he has messed with these interviews in the past to hide things, so I'm hoping that's what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe not MCU but the upcoming cartoon.

If it was MCU they probably would've brought back the Astonishing suit or a variant of it.
    Yeah, good point.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    X-Men Team appears to be:

Synch
    Talon
    ShadowKat
    Rasputin
    Ms. Marvel
    Wolverine
    Juggernaut

Emma and likely Cyclops appear in supportive type role.

Rogue will be the link to UA. Firestar link to Orchis.

Sunfire, Polaris, and other former X-Men (of this era - hopefully the Astonishing Iceman as well!) will cameo/guest.

Duggans take on Emma and Tony hating each other is... interesting.
    I love that team except for Rasputin. Don’t really care for her. But maybe she’ll grow on me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Maybe Duggan's purpose was to show us that Jott is a bad couple and make us root for divorce. And that is why he was praised. lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or perhaps Chris Hassan just personally liked how he wrote Jean and Scott.

It sometimes happen that other people's opinions do not align with the general (or vocal) consensus.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or perhaps Chris Hassan just personally liked how he wrote Jean and Scott.

It sometimes happen that other people's opinions do not align with the general (or vocal) consensus.
    I don't think it's even a consensus that Jean and Scott's dynamic was bad on Duggan's X-Men. It's just the Whedon-Bendis era Cyclops stans who are mad he's not a badass revolutionary with a hot cheerleader girlfriend anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think it's even a consensus that Jean and Scott's dynamic was bad on Duggan's X-Men. It's just the Whedon-Bendis era Cyclops stans who are mad he's not a badass revolutionary with a hot cheerleader girlfriend anymore.
    I thought it. I didn't want to say it.

I saw a few here who were not fans at all but I personally liked how he wrote them both. It wasn't great (much like some of his other characters) but it wasn't egregious either, even if their disagreement about the Brood was a bit forced.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's just the Whedon-Bendis era Cyclops stans who are mad
    Well, if the stans of Gambit, Betsy and other characters can be "mad" with what is being done, why can't the stans of Cyclops also be "mad"?

he's not a badass revolutionary with a hot cheerleader girlfriend anymore.
    The problem isn't that he's not with a "hot cheerleader girlfriend", but that there's nothing really good and exciting about him right now. Cyclops summed up his 13 year history in "Only Jean can judge me", he had a chance to make amends with Madelyne and nothing was done, after that he was just getting beat up and being useless. Can you really blame us for being "mad"? For the next few months all we know is that he will continue to be tortured by Orchis and will likely get his ass kicked by Carol Danvers.

He's literally done nothing of importance the run. Why even have him if he's wallpaper?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I'm excited to see Rogue, Sunfire, and Polaris back in this book interacting with the team we've seen so far.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

It's so odd to me, I genuinely like Scott as a person in this era, and I've never liked anything about the character before. He always felt forced and assigned the "leader", though I feel like those who loved Righclops enjoyed the continued focus on his character. I just never bought the X-men as being Scott Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    He's literally done nothing of importance the run. Why even have him if he's wallpaper?

I don't know if I agree with this, Scott's thoughts, motivations, and opinions have been used to drive his personal narrative since Hickman. No he's not been the major player he was, but I also think that's intentional, he has so much of what he's always wanted in Krakoa. But to say he's done nothing of importance or been wallpaper isn't true he's been use as audience's surrogate for much of this era especially in X-men.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 08-14-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Interesting take, but I heavily disagree. A lot of the criticism focuses on his incompetence and lack of a consistent voice recently. He doesn't have much to offer lately. To some, at least. Duggan's answers in the interview don't even seem to highlight a purpose behind any of the current directions for Scott besides "torture".

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It's so odd to me, I genuinely like Scott as a person in this era, and I've never liked anything about the character before. He always felt forced and assigned the "leader", though I feel like those who loved Righclops enjoyed the continued focus on his character. I just never bought the X-men as being Scott Summers.

I don't know if I agree with this, Scott's thoughts, motivations, and opinions have been used to drive his personal narrative since Hickman. No he's not been the major player he was, but I also think that's intentional, he has so much of what he's always wanted in Krakoa. But to say he's done nothing of importance or been wallpaper isn't true he's been use as audience's surrogate for much of this era especially in X-men.
    To each their own. Can I ask what you like about current Scott? Your current post makes it seem like you only like him now since he has less focus and is less "forced". I'm assuming that's not the reason.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 08-14-2023 at 02:24 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

It's just Wiccan being cynical. lol

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Interesting take, but I heavily disagree. A lot of the criticism focuses on his incompetence and lack of a consistent voice recently. He doesn't have much to offer lately. To some, at least. Duggan's answers in the interview don't even seem to highlight a purpose behind any of the current directions for Scott besides "torture".

To each their own. Can I ask what you like about current Scott? Your current post makes it seem like you only like him now since he has less focus and is less "forced". I'm assuming that's not the reason.
    He feels like an actual person for me.