Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I’m always a little hesitant to pick up X-solo books but the art and writing have got me on board for issue #1.

I know it's not intended that way but the first page makes it look like Jean is as tired of her dying as the fans are .

Never expected to see the X-Men Blue uniforms again.

Already a 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know it's not intended that way but the first page makes it look like Jean is as tired of her dying as the fans are .

Never expected to see the X-Men Blue uniforms again.
    Exactamundo!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

ah the time travel 5 are still around I wonder how their knowledge of the future will affect whats going on now cause so far I dont think anything really change
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Looks so good. I love the line about being born in death as a mutant. Jean does have a connection to death and rebirth. I wonder where this is all leading. They want us to assume she may reconnect to the Phoenix but that may be too obvious. If she does and if it is temporary I hope she gets to do something big and memorable with it. I do wonder about the solit for issue 4 and Jean's greatest enemy - could be talking about herself (???)

I love that we are getting a deep look into what Jean thinks and feels about her own life and the choices she's made (and the situations she has been in that were out of her control). This has a lot of potential to be great, but I'm sure I'll love this ride no matter the outcome. I am glad we are getting this focus on Jean and I hope she plays a big role in saving the mutants (or locating them if they are still lost when she returns).

This looks great! I can’t wait! I wasn’t expecting the time traveling O5 to get referenced but it’s part of their history now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Everyone’s abilities are really just Jean’s, though. She is The Fulcrum of the Marvel Universe. She is the first spark—a Primal Force transcendent of death and second only to the One Above All.

Amen.
    One Above...

And One Below...

Actually, two halves of one whole.

After all, everything has an opposite...

Even a Phoenix.

The Order-Bringer, The Void-Child...

Ice, and Death Incarnate!

The Great Serpent called... Dragon!

Let his hour come round at last!

˙uǝɯ∀

So teen jean might keep her memories from future? Wonder if it a reason why solicit for issue 2 says Phoenix chooses someone else. If teen jean kept her memories it would help her avoid becoming Phoenix and dark phoenix.

I’m really confused about this book. Is it more like what if story or there will be some real retcons that will change Jean and X-men’ history.

They say about some secrets being revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    So teen jean might keep her memories from future? Wonder if it a reason why solicit for issue 2 says Phoenix chooses someone else. If teen jean kept her memories it would help her avoid becoming Phoenix and dark phoenix.

I’m really confused about this book. Is it more like what if story or there will be some real retcons that will change Jean and X-men’ history.

They've been really good at staying vague about what's the book is actually about, IMO.
    We know it's a way to bring Jean back from what happened in the Gala, and we know it will explore her life/lives, and that's it.
    From this preview, I guess it COULD be about what could have happened if she had made other choices, but we don't really know yet. We'll have to wait one week. The Horror !

All these poetry like biblical quotes are going way over my head. It makes the story sound like it's going to be some come to hither messiah moment. I really hope that's not the case and jean just comes out jean with a clear direction and mission. That's all al have storm and look at the wonders if has done. All jean needs is a place and a writer that cares enough to explore her truthfully inside and outside that space. These writers doing a job not saving the world.

But to be clear that's not to say what they write can't do those things for people. I more mean in the literal sense we ascribe all these. Lordt Claremont or gawd Ewing and it be like "well okay, not all that. But they good." Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post

I think it's a hybrid of a retro solo story, various "What If...?" stories, and an official current-era story. It seems we'll see Jean either imagining or actually making different pivotal decisions at multiple junctures in her life and learn what the ramifications would have been had she taken those different paths. We'll also gain increasing insight into Jean's "death" at the Gala, where she is currently, and how she will return before she presumably emerges in the pages of Immortal X-Men #17.

Based on the preview, the first issue will be a "what if she hadn't erased the O5's memories after their time-displacement?" story, although it could also cover another era. Additionally, based on their respective covers, issue #2 will presumably center on "what if Scott or someone else manifested Phoenix?"; issue #3 will center on "what if Jean made a different decision during her battle with Madelyne in Inferno?"; and issue #4 will potentially cover "what if Jean chose to embrace Phoenix during Phoenix Resurrection?"

Lastly, there's a possibility that Jean will, once again, manifest Phoenix and make a change that will affect the current continuity. However, I wouldn't be surprised if previously established facets of Jean's abilities, such as her being "a nexus of probabilities," her psionic energy absorption ability, and her abilities to remain alive as "an entity of pure thought" and telekinetically reconstruct her body, are re-established here. Whatever may come, these are exciting times for Jean fans.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-15-2023 at 08:31 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

does this come out today?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    does this come out today?
    In Australia i believe

Not thrilled with revisiting the time traveling 05. It's sad to me that bringing up weak plot points of the past is a trend. Lets move forward.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/