Default Donated kids Graphic Novels & Manga to Public School Library!

So near mint condition in the summer talked about donating kids comic trades and manga to public school libraries and kids hospitals. This not only may bring in new readers to comics but it's proven kids who read comics at young ages have better reading later than those who don't! Also ask the schools if they are ok to take the books and know your audience. You don't want to send watchmen to a grade school and high school may not care for lunch lady books!

Well got my books finished for our niece and nephews grade school and took them there today. Here is whst i sent--

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

As you see two are just normal books but stuck them in anyways. How did it go? They loved them and got excited! Looks like they are going to add them to the school library. Job well done. What do you think? Did I pick the right books?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So near mint condition in the summer talked about donating kids comic trades and manga to public school libraries and kids hospitals. This not only may bring in new readers to comics but it's proven kids who read comics at young ages have better reading later than those who don't! Also ask the schools if they are ok to take the books and know your audience. You don't want to send watchmen to a grade school and high school may not care for lunch lady books!

Well got my books finished for our niece and nephews grade school and took them there today. Here is whst i sent--

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

As you see two are just normal books but stuck them in anyways. How did it go? They loved them and got excited! Looks like they are going to add them to the school library. Job well done. What do you think? Did I pick the right books?
    Looks like a good mix. (Out of curiosity are the interior pages of the Bone comics in colour or black and white?)

Color version.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Color version.
    That’s good…read the series a few years back in black and white, and always suspected colour version would be even better.

Fantastic Member

Great post, OP. I also try to donate any CE's/graphic novels I don't need to my local public library. It's a great way to give back to the community.

I know a lot of people try to sell these, but unless the book(s) are valuable/rare, etc. - in many cases you won't get much (if anything) for them.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 12-04-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Near mint is going to do a "top 10 graphic novels / trades every library should have" video and bring in some coic people to help with the vote. The winning ones in the list they plan to donate to libraries that don't have alot of money.

That's pretty cool.