Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Invincible Member

Only a few American comics in Target these days

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Comics are no longer for kids. Comics used to be for kids until late 80's.
    I remember buying X-Men #135 (1980) from the local drugstore spinner rack and when I got to the car with my Mom I flipped to the back and realized it was a continued story line...took the comic back and selected another comic. Could you imagine today a kid picking up ANY single issue of an X-title and trying to make sense of the ongoing convoluted chaos?!!? Same old story really, comics are waaaaaaaaaay overpriced and not geared towards the younger audience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I remember buying X-Men #135 (1980) from the local drugstore spinner rack and when I got to the car with my Mom I flipped to the back and realized it was a continued story line...took the comic back and selected another comic. Could you imagine today a kid picking up ANY single issue of an X-title and trying to make sense of the ongoing convoluted chaos?!!? Same old story really, comics are waaaaaaaaaay overpriced and not geared towards the younger audience.
    I was never bothered by that. I bought everything I could get my hands on. And I mean everything my mom would buy me. I read continued stories, everything all over the place.

But where was the competition? TV only, and that was limited to me. I had no Computer, nothing, so I read and met friends.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Was that any different than what WE dealt with? How many folks didn't start with the first issue of a comic?

Is it no different than say watching the Simpsons or PBS's Arthur? Where nobody aged yet they had a different Christmas and Halloween every season?

Do we even need to look at Archie? How long have they been in High school?

Or Dr Who? How many universes have we seen with them?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Only a few American comics in Target these days

Pretty much you have to have the Target App to order those books and in fact a LOT of the graphic novels (especially with black males as the lead).

Aside from Blue Beetle Graduation Day, the $10 Miles, Gwen and SPiderverse books, Stranger Things and I want to say MAYBE Cap Marvel-that is it for what I have seen in Target.

Kami Garcia books-I have YET to see them in any store except comic book ones and that is saying a lot with Half Price books. Where offline-you don't see ANY of the DC graphic novels in the used book stores. Folks buy them and are NOT giving them up not even I am NOT Starfire.

But yeah you have to have the Target app to order those and 90% of the time the App runs deals.

Buy 1 get 1 50% or buy 2 get 1 free and YES you can include Preorder titles.