Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Percy talks Fall of X’s impact on X-Force, Colossus/Mikhail - Preview Pages

https://www.cbr.com/x-force-fall-of-...rcy-interview/

CBR: X-Force was the intelligence arm of Krakoa, but now that Fall of X has begun, it looks like Krakoa is no more. What does that mean for this book?

Benjamin Percy: The mutants are down and out -- killed, exiled -- but that doesn't mean they've given up. Some version of X-Force still exists, and now its members are trying to survive as prisoners, defenders of mutantkind, and a rebellion cell.

CBR: Orchis has been primarily focused on eliminating the mutants of Krakoa, but there's another mutant enclave that's been quietly growing in power in the shadows; the Mikhail Rasputin lead one over in Russia. Will we see more of him and his organization in upcoming issues of X-Force?

Percy: Yes, this is Mikhail's big moment -- and Piotr's too. The Colossus storyline, which we've been building slowly since the first issue, comes to a head now.

CBR: Who or what is X-Force up against in this new arc?

Percy: Mikhail. Orchis. We're in a dangerous new world that will have some Civil War vibes. Everyone will be operating from the shadows.

CBR: Finally, X-Force's former head of intelligence, Beast, is also in the wind at the beginning of Fall of X. Will we see him again in X-Force?

Percy: Oh, there's a big, big, big Beast story coming.

From X-Force #43:

From X-Force #44:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Cover of X-Force #46:

X-FORCE #46
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • ROBERT GILL (A)
    Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA

A TALE OF TWO BROTHERS!

MIKHAIL RASPUTIN has been secretly controlling his brother, PIOTR RASPUTIN, A.K.A. COLOSSUS. Plans change. The control ebbs. Revenge is to be had. But at what cost? At last, the brotherly battle brewing the past four years in X-FORCE boils over – Mikhail vs. Colossus!
    Last edited by JB; 08-15-2023 at 04:55 PM.

What’s the last Marvel series that has gone past issue 50? I imagine if FoX wraps up the Russia storyline, the issues 48-50 could wrap up Beast’s storyline and conclude this iteration of X-Force.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-16-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What’s the last Marvel series that has gone past issue 50? I imagine if FoX wraps up the Russia storyline, the issues 48-50 could wrap up Beast’s storyline and conclude this interaction of X-Force.
    I think Aaron's Avengers ended around #66 earlier this year.

That would make a lot of sense, Percy's X-Force ending at #50 with the conclusion of the Beast storyline.

Yaaawn… it’s time to end this. That is all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

lol.. like is it a secret? Didn’t Magik mention it in an issue of New Mutants and at this point, does anyone care. I feel like the only time we seen it play out has been in Immortal when Colossus is begging (in his mind) for Storm to notice something isn’t right with him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly this.

If we could only be so lucky.

The writing has been way up and down but the art for this title has always been superb. Like just so good, especially with Cassara at the beginning. I agree that it is time to wrap up this story line. I think Percy could do really well on X-Force with the right editor that tightens things up.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Have we seen Mikhail actively working with Orchis ? I remember him torturing the Genegeener clone (god was that reveal disappointing) but I'm not sure about Orchis itself.

How will the Fall Of X affect X-Force? Not at all, as the whole thing is an incomprehensible fever dream that never knowingly touches down on continuity.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's crazy how good X-Force started off as, then quickly waned into a borefest then turned into a mixed bag more recently. I have mostly enjoyed recent issues but yes, the 2 big plots it's set up from the very beginning - Mikhail/Piotr and Hank McCoy - need to come to their just conclusion.

He should have talked about how he is going to work on improving his terrible writing skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The writing has been way up and down but the art for this title has always been superb. Like just so good, especially with Cassara at the beginning. I agree that it is time to wrap up this story line. I think Percy could do really well on X-Force with the right editor that tightens things up.
    He has had the benefit of phenomenal artists, that’s for sure. I really like Daniel Acuna too, so that’s another great one doing covers for this series. Percy does have some interesting concepts, but his penchant for “long form” storytelling doesn’t work for me. I’m not sure if my sensibilities have changed, as Claremont did the same thing back in the day (more or less) and I didn’t seem to mind it as much; but I do know that the Mikhail/Chronicler and Beast plots have just dragged on for far too long.

Also, not gonna lie, Logan leaving this book killed it for me. No Logan or Cable and it just ain’t X-Force in my book. Looks like he might be back soon, though. At least judging by those leaked solicits for trades coming out next summer, as he’s on an Acuna-drawn cover leading X-Force on the run from some Stark sentinels.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

He has had the benefit of phenomenal artists, that’s for sure. I really like Daniel Acuna too, so that’s another great one doing covers for this series. Percy does have some interesting concepts, but his penchant for “long form” storytelling doesn’t work for me. I’m not sure if my sensibilities have changed, as Claremont did the same thing back in the day (more or less) and I didn’t seem to mind it as much; but I do know that the Mikhail/Chronicler and Beast plots have just dragged on for far too long.

Also, not gonna lie, Logan leaving this book killed it for me. No Logan or Cable and it just ain’t X-Force in my book. Looks like he might be back soon, though. At least judging by those leaked solicits for trades coming out next summer, as he’s on an Acuna-drawn cover leading X-Force on the run from some Stark sentinels.
    I think you're right, there's certainly a Claremontian thing in his storytelling. Long threads just hinted on few panels while other stories go on. It was just kinda badly done because it became repetitive quite fast.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind too much if his characters were better. Kid Omega, Deadpool and Omega Red never did anything to me, he barely used Forge and Sage, and I don't care much for Wolverine (although he does write him well). I think the premise of the story was bad too (such a small team for such a big task makes absolutely no sense).
    Claremont's storytelling worked also better because he was the only writer. He didn't have to compose with a bigger story.