Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your opinion on what the Best Collected series is?

Lots of runs/series get collected, but not many are collected well.

Like are all the key issues included?

If multiple series are involved in the run or stories, are they put in the proper reading order?

Are the Volumes all the same size and look? So that they look great on a shelf.

Personal preference here, but are all the covers included, so you can see how they looked when they were in the stores years ago?

Are they only avail in TPB, HC or only in giant Omnibusses (Omnibi? Omnibuss'ss?)

What is your nomination for the best collected run of a writer/series/character that is collected REALLY WELL?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

For me it's Bendis' Avengers Complete Editions in soft cover. His entire run from New Avengers, Avengers, Dark Avengers are collected with every issue and FCBD and annuals. This is my ultimate collected edition because all you need are his events and you have this giant epic.

My other nomination is the Dawn/Reign/Trials of X anthologies it's just too bad they discontinued it.

I really like how Hickman's avengers\new avengers were collected. The Infinity oversized HC was a joy to read

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I really like how Hickman's avengers\new avengers were collected. The Infinity oversized HC was a joy to read
    Does it have the issues in order? Like it will have an issue of Avengers then an issue of New Avengers and so forth?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Does it have the issues in order? Like it will have an issue of Avengers then an issue of New Avengers and so forth?
    yeah it totally does, best way to read it

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Thor Epic Collection "War of the Pantheons" - Thor #386-400
    Captain America "The Captain" - Cap #333-350 and Iron Man #228.

Two of my favorites:
    X:Men The Dark Phoenix Saga
    s-l1600.jpg
    Captain America War And Remembrance
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    yeah it totally does, best way to read it
    Thanks! It’s appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hopefully this counts, but an All-Time Favorite would be the 1974 version of...

The Origins of Marvel Comics

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-16-2023 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

For me it's Bendis' Avengers Complete Editions in soft cover. His entire run from New Avengers, Avengers, Dark Avengers are collected with every issue and FCBD and annuals. This is my ultimate collected edition because all you need are his events and you have this giant epic.

My other nomination is the Dawn/Reign/Trials of X anthologies it's just too bad they discontinued it.
    fantastic example, and what a great run. I'm assuming all the soft covers are the same size and design?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    fantastic example, and what a great run. I'm assuming all the soft covers are the same size and design?
    Yes they are, the trade dress all match even with titles that weren't written by him like Secret Avengers and Slott's Mighty Avengers

Yes they are, the trade dress all match even with titles that weren't written by him like Secret Avengers and Slott's Mighty Avengers

amazing. But just to clarify, are the Dark Avengers issues included in that collection?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    amazing. But just to clarify, are the Dark Avengers issues included in that collection?
    No it's not it's a separate book but the trade dress matches between most of the Avengers run

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m a big fan of Omnibus’ with the complete story inside.
    Astonishing X-Men, Annihilation etc. all fantastic.

Agree on Bendis run on New/Mighty/Dark Avengers, just wish it was in reading order when Mighty and Dark were both introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m a big fan of Omnibus’ with the complete story inside.
    Astonishing X-Men, Annihilation etc. all fantastic.

Agree on Bendis run on New/Mighty/Dark Avengers, just wish it was in reading order when Mighty and Dark were both introduced.
    Yeah thats the tricky part of finding good collected volumes. You need something where you won't have to toggle between books to get the reading order correct