Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ironfire's heart belongs to Blue. He's only waiting for the moment when he's free from Genny and Annihilation's influence.
    I'm pretty sure Blue would not frown on polyamory.

A very small moment but...I loved Storm filling a glass of water for Beto with water from her rain cloud. Only contrasted by her "calling down the Sky" with her lightning strike.
    That's so cute ! Cannot wait to read this.

BANNED

Read the issue and it was pretty apparent to me that Ororo simply out-Omegaed Robert without all the fuss and posturing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wrong thread, perhaps?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Wind rider pretty much said it all for me. I just, with all that i feel is wrong with certain books or rather than wrong i should say lacking logic and breaking it's own brief canonical rules for plot, this book shows why comics matter. This could be an X-men legends game, a movie, a tv show a cartoon if they were doing more of what DC animation does with Max. I don't think i can give a better compliment.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Once again, what else can I say that hasn't already been said lol finally got a chance to read this issue and it really was way too short! Only Ewing can put out a dense issue and it's still end up feeling too short lol

I got to say I'm not a big fan of the battle cape but she does look majestic. And I like how Ewing made it a point to say that Storm COULD have used a precision strike to decimate Genesis's armies but opted for mercy. Highlighting another key aspect of Storm as well as highlighting the difference between Storm and Genesis.

It really does feel like the genesis war is going to be the culmination of everything Ewing has been doing with Arrako since SWORD. I'm assuming we have about four more issues until the end of this arc and something tells me it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Starting off the war with a victory for the good guys doesn't really bode well for round two. Can't wait to see how Genesis retaliates because you know it's going to be cunning and brutal.

BANNED

Wrong thread, perhaps?
    Yeah, it happens

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Great review JBenito <3...

Copying my thoughts fro mthe Storm thread here.

X-Men Red #14 - 9/10
    This book was EVER.REE.THING!

Pros: What was not to LOVE about this issue. If you weren't lulled into a trance by the amazing art and colors (Cinar + Blee =deadly!) then you were transported by Ewing. He continues to maintain such a great balance of storytelling, character work, and action. Genesis is such a great foil for Storm here. It is clear she is powerful and inspire through fear and bloodthirst. She is the villain we didn't know we needed. Storm and the Red cast continues to shine under Ewing. Sunspot especially in this issue. The bromance with him and Nova continues to be an unexpected highlight for this book, and layers continue to be added to Sunspot that makes you question where his end goal truly is, but still a loyal hero at his core. Kobak and Lodos is a connection I didn't see happening. Is it me or is it sounding like romantic feelings between them or just a deep respect? Storm shined in this issue. I love that Ewing continues to highlight her keen thinking and tactical mind. I like how she deduced Orchis's influence and plans, the strategic moves Genesis would likely make, and her determination. This is a very fitting role for Ororo. Plus, she was bringing the drama with that red cap billowing as she clapped those fliers with her icy winds. I love how it was highlighted that Storm could have one-shot an entire army of mutants if she wanted, but opted for mercy and the symbolic destruction of the those massive Genesis & Apoc monuments. It's a moment that is defining for both her and Genesis, but a mercy I hope that neither is planning for the other when it comes down to them fighting one-on-one. I also like that Ewing, while not having him as a main cast member right now, still includes Cable here. Sunspot stealing Nathan's tech helps keep his presence in the book and I am hoping that after the end of this he brought back into the cast as a regular.

Con: Too damn short! I get that we had the scroll style data pages to fill in quite a bit on the war, the powers at play, and the end goals for each side, but only 22 pages?! We need MORE! MORE! MORE!
    I Agree with EVRYTHING here. Including your Con.

This was TOO DAMN SHORT!!! Can we have a few more pages PLEASE.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Ororo caring about Jean, Roberto about Sam.. This issue was filled with emotions

Edit: I realise i need an AU where Roberto and Sam are a couple
    Last edited by Mirai; 08-17-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Ororo caring about Jean, Roberto about Sam.. This issue was filled with emotions

Based on these forums, it's not really an AU.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Based on these forums, it's not really an AU.
    True, but its still in the grey zone right now

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was a GOOD Solid Issue. 9/10
    +1… The writing, the art, the characters. Everything about this book SLAPS!
    #MagnetoWasRight

I don't have much to add to what's already been said. Really amazing issue, just a little too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Nah. In #13 it's mentioned that Xilo wants to bond with someone. My read of this situation is that, in the Sins of Sinister timeline, where there was no big successful Orchis attack at the Gala, Xilo bonded with Cable, but in our timeline, Cable was captured by Orchis, meaning he wasn't available for Xilo to bond with, so he chose Fisher King instead.
    Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. Fisher King was killed in the SoS timeline, so Xilo bonded with Cable instead. (Huh, just got the "X-man" joke.) I'm guessing Genesis didn't invade in the SoS timeline so there was no need for the bond right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post

There's fanfic of there. A lot of it.

It was nice to see Rich acting like himself again. He's been a little broken since, well, Rosenberg. I'm only sorry we didn't get to see him in his Gala outfit. What's the point of designing it if he's not even there?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't have much to add to what's already been said. Really amazing issue, just a little too short.

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. Fisher King was killed in the SoS timeline, so Xilo bonded with Cable instead. (Huh, just got the "X-man" joke.) I'm guessing Genesis didn't invade in the SoS timeline so there was no need for the bond right away.

There's fanfic of there. A lot of it.

It was nice to see Rich acting like himself again. He's been a little broken since, well, Rosenberg. I'm only sorry we didn't get to see him in his Gala outfit. What's the point of designing it if he's not even there?
    Nova might have not been at the comic version but there was a real-life Hellfire Gala at this year's SDCC and one talented cosplayer actually created the Nova Helfire suit. Pic below:

Snapshot_23-07-23_19-03-46.jpg

That's awesome! Very accurate. Except for the eyes. That's not a criticism, I just don't know how can he see out of that helmet...

6682717f10307b2419b4a5ca86138160.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    +1… The writing, the art, the characters. Everything about this book SLAPS!
    Ewing is phenomenal. Wish he was writing more than one X-book honestly.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”