Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm still not sure about this idea. Leaving Archangel behind is leaving a dangerous weapon behind for Orchis to exploit. Orchis doesn't even have to let Archangel regain consciousness. They can just leave him unconscious to get valuable parts of his body, like his TO wings. The X-Men would be taking a dangerous risk that Archangel's healing powers would be enough to shrug off whatever Orchis does to him. It's actually kind of a gamble that Archangel's healing power would be strong enough to enable him to regain enough consciousness to act as some sort of infiltrator. I guess that part of the problem for me is that we really don't know how strong Archangel's healing power is meant to be in current continuity.

Also, would Gambit even have enough time to come up with a plan to leave an injured Archangel behind as some sort of inside infiltrator. The comic read to me as though Gambit didn't even expect Maddy and her team to show up.

Now watch me be wrong and you be right.

I also just want to add that I liked the comic a lot more after rereading it a couple more times.
    It is a risky/dumb plan (if it is a plan at all), but it does match how the mutants operate strategically during this Krakoan era - leave behind mutant bodies all over the place (all the X-force failures around the sun; Nightcrawler around Mars, etc) and totally forget about it.

I can see them continue to be dumb and underestimate Orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think he needs a GOOD modern update of his costume.

I would not mind if he had lunar powers too and had that look, but then his name would need to change accordingly too.....
    I wouldn’t mind a name change. I think the double “R” is probably in his name because of the Valiant character anyway.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Maddie is unhinged, and I love it, lol….

Gambit’s intro was dope!…

Havok, stand up bro, you looking soft out here, lol…

Leaving Warren behind was wack, and I’m expecting Remy to rectify that in some way…
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

Love a X-book with Alex and Maddy as the leads. Not wild with how they are portrayed initially but it is only one issue in. For me Alex still isn't back yet. The Summer's brother that has lead numerous teams in the past, X-Factor, the Brotherhood, the Six and the Avengers Unity squad hasn'tbeen protrayed in ages. He was a little too "all about Maddy" lately and while I love him and Maddy together there needs to be more to him than that. Also while I don't mind Maddy killing when necessary she comes off a little too cartoonishly blood thirsty in issue one. I like how she is taking her leadership responsibilities seriously but not fond of how the second story can be read as Maddy using Alex even though she rushes to his side when he is injured in the first story.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm still not sure about this idea. Leaving Archangel behind is leaving a dangerous weapon behind for Orchis to exploit. Orchis doesn't even have to let Archangel regain consciousness. They can just leave him unconscious to get valuable parts of his body, like his TO wings. The X-Men would be taking a dangerous risk that Archangel's healing powers would be enough to shrug off whatever Orchis does to him. It's actually kind of a gamble that Archangel's healing power would be strong enough to enable him to regain enough consciousness to act as some sort of infiltrator. I guess that part of the problem for me is that we really don't know how strong Archangel's healing power is meant to be in current continuity.

Also, would Gambit even have enough time to come up with a plan to leave an injured Archangel behind as some sort of inside infiltrator. The comic read to me as though Gambit didn't even expect Maddy and her team to show up.

Now watch me be wrong and you be right.

I also just want to add that I liked the comic a lot more after rereading it a couple more times.
    I hope you’re wrong, but I think you’re right
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did Amy of those mutants in the preview appeared in more than just that panel? (Phantazia, Reaper, Fatale etcetera)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

I have a problem with the beginning of this story... she tried, twice, to kill all the new-yorkers, (and killed some on the way) but she is hurt and surprised that the humans don't like her? I must have missed a few episodes, isn't the public aware of her crimes?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I have a problem with the beginning of this story... she tried, twice, to kill all the new-yorkers, (and killed some on the way) but she is hurt and surprised that the humans don't like her? I must have missed a few episodes, isn't the public aware of her crimes?
    I don't think it's so much herself she's referring to, as much as that she's currently offering protection and refuge (and thus diplomatic immunity, given Limbo's official status in New York) to the mutant survivors of the Hellfire Gala while Orchis has the general human public, along with the human governments of the world, convinced that mutants used the Gala to massacre the human guests in attendance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think it would be cool if he turned to this at night time.

As it stands his powers are solar based:

Solar Manipulation: Solarr was a mutant with the ability to absorb, store, and manipulate large amounts of energy from light, especially direct sunlight. He could use it to project heat blasts or blinding flashes. He could also use his powers to create heat-based mirages, such as a giant version of himself.

It would be cool if he also gained Lunar based powers.

He should lose the headband though.
    Well moonlight is weak reflections of sunlight, sooo....

Moar emplate!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Did Amy of those mutants in the preview appeared in more than just that panel? (Phantazia, Reaper, Fatale etcetera)
    Yes, there was a back-up story at the end of the issue where most of them got a bit of dialogue as we were shown flashbacks to them (and others) coming to the Embassy.

@ChrisAHassan:
    https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...43755306164548

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #217 - @steve_foxe Talks 'Dark X-Men'

Read this one closely, #XMen fans — no skimming. Steve sprinkles those teases throughout. 🔥👀🔥

#XMenMonday #DarkXMen #FallOfX

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Moar emplate!!!
    Yes please, I'm only buying this for Emplate (and maybe 10% Azazel).

I was over Maddy's drama when she was all like 'Imma sacrifice a bunch of babies to demons 'cause I got dumped!' Good lord woman, respect yourself, he wasn't that good in bed, surely!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes please, I'm only buying this for Emplate (and maybe 10% Azazel).

I was over Maddy's drama when she was all like 'Imma sacrifice a bunch of babies to demons 'cause I got dumped!' Good lord woman, respect yourself, he wasn't that good in bed, surely!
    More like, "I got dumped, and my whole life turned out to be a lie because I was just a genetically engineered imitation created for the sake of being a broodmare." Who wouldn't have a psychotic breakdown at that? (Not to say the attempted child sacrifice was justifiable, though . . .) That said, speaking of clones, I'm here for The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly, since he will be coming back in issue 4 and it'll be a matter of debate or argument whether he joins up with Madelyne, despite her screwing him over in Dark Web, or goes with Orchis to screw her over, which I wouldn't like at all, to be honest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.