Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    A complete mess.
    Captain America working with Kwannon and Monet doesn't make sense.
    Captain Krakoa's MLF doesn't make sense either.
    And nobody cares about who's behind the mask.

Garron's art was the only good thing.
    Seems like everybody cares who’s behind the mask, but you.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    So we’re not even getting a perfunctory Avengers don’t kill here? If we’re going to contrast between Steve and Captain Krakoa wouldn’t wanting to show how one values all life be important ? How does this show humans and mutants working together when most of the mutant members were just on a rampage killing Orchis members? Read more like a joint Avengers XForce team than a Unity Squad.
    That’s because Captain AMERICA (NOT Captain KRAKOA) is HydraCap/Stevil. Think about that!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Saying someone deserves to be killed because they are fascist is redundant (or some other word where the proof is dependent on the claim), as fascist is only used by people to describe someone who deserves to be killed.

A bunch of armed goons are rounding up people and putting them in prison facilities and then shuttling them off planet. The protagonists stage a rescue operation to free the captives from the armed opposition. In every action story in the mainstream the protagonists are going in using lethal force. So any scene where someone kills can be rationalized in general by these standards.

When people criticize the depiction of killing in some stories this is not because they cannot understand that such actions could take place but that an idea they have about the character being portrayed. A lot of the blame for this lies with Marvel as characters having a hard stance on this topic is often used as a way to differentiate characters (and explain why they do not kill their enemies who keep escaping) and as a source of conflict between characters with different views.

I am not familiar enough with Captain America to remember if he often spoke out against killing or at least had any significant story where it mattered, but I do remember not too long ago Cyclops getting lectured pretty hard (and reminded) about the X-Men not killing which was important. Even as readers would not care that X-Force type squads would pop up part of the appeal of those stories is they are doing the work that the 'heroic' team will not.
    See Operation: Galactic Storm

Hmmmmm I could see US Agent being Cap Krack....Is that what we are calling him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Hmmmmm I could see US Agent being Cap Krack....Is that what we are calling him lol
    I think it's going to be a deeper cut than that, as John Walker U.S. Agent is in the new Thunderbolts series coming out soon.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Yeah, he's ruled out. He wasn't dead and is busy elsewhere.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think it's going to be a deeper cut than that, as John Walker U.S. Agent is in the new Thunderbolts series coming out soon.
    Ahhh Gotcha

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not familiar enough with Captain America to remember if he often spoke out against killing or at least had any significant story where it mattered, but I do remember not too long ago Cyclops getting lectured pretty hard (and reminded) about the X-Men not killing which was important. Even as readers would not care that X-Force type squads would pop up part of the appeal of those stories is they are doing the work that the 'heroic' team will not.

So people will read a story and sometimes find issue with it. They might ask if this makes sense based on past stories or at least their interpretations of them. What type of story does Captain America fit? If there was an disagreement between characters in a story about killing what side would Captain America usually have been expected to take?

(edit: personally I am more irritated by Steve being used to 'vouch' for Deadpool who Steve really should just have taken down and shipped off to never be seen from again the first time he saw him).
    Coincidentally enough, Remender's Uncanny Avengers included a scene where Captain America criticizes Wolverine for killing, and results in Wolverine getting kicked off from the Avengers (as well as the dissolution of the team). There is some nuance, in that Captain America is criticizing X-Force's assassination methods, and being involved in killing a child (Apocalypse).

So it might not be that Steve is against killing, as he may accept it in a wartime setting, but generally is against it (and obviously so against innocent people).

Incredible Member

Rogue could have simply said “Fred, that's not Scott”

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Coincidentally enough, Remender's Uncanny Avengers included a scene where Captain America criticizes Wolverine for killing, and results in Wolverine getting kicked off from the Avengers (as well as the dissolution of the team). There is some nuance, in that Captain America is criticizing X-Force's assassination methods, and being involved in killing a child (Apocalypse).

So it might not be that Steve is against killing, as he may accept it in a wartime setting, but generally is against it (and obviously so against innocent people).
    Especially when it comes to kids. I believe the revelation that caused Cap to kick Logan off the team was not only that he ran a secret assassination squad, but also that they killed a kid clone of Apocalypse.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”