Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Birdy should shoot Victor with a big ass gun while in a pink body suit and high pony tail.
    That would be the perfect ending.

Keeping Logan and Creed apart for pretty much the entire Krakoa era only to make their reunion a big event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If they do get dropped from this I doubt it’ll be because of LaValle, since he spent just as much time developing them as he did Creed. I’m remaining cautiously optimistic for now since we’ve only seen covers and short solicits.

Honestly if that’s what I takes to get I published I’ll deal with it.

I do kinda wish they’d fully split up the issues so that someone who wanted to solely partake in the LaValle half of the crossover could do so. If we get beginning of Krakoa era Percy I think I’ll still get enjoyment out of his parts.
    The article makes it sound like they're alternating between "Wolverine issues" and "Sabretooth issues" with the two different artists so maybe it will be possible.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was looking the 2 previous mini's with Creed. Now we go back to this rivals issue. A set back.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The article makes it sound like they're alternating between "Wolverine issues" and "Sabretooth issues" with the two different artists so maybe it will be possible.
    10 parts... I'm not sure I can justify paying that kind of money I mean it's not like these two ever kill each other with that hyper-speed healing factor they have.

X snikts of Logan\X growls of Sabretooth, eh? makes sense

Percy and his 10-issue crossovers, i swear lmao

Okay. I’m in for this. Sounds cool. And looks like they’re rushing to wrap up by May… with X-Force #50 also hitting around the same time in April or May. Clearing the decks… hmm…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

so is the tradition they refer to when Sabretooth tries to kill Wolverine on his birthday every year? How does Victor Creed get an army of clones to be made? And who is the original, if any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is the tradition they refer to when Sabretooth tries to kill Wolverine on his birthday every year? How does Victor Creed get an army of clones to be made? And who is the original, if any of them?
    He teamed up with variants of himself from across the multiverse at the end of Sabretooth & the Exiles.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

shed new light on their dark history with shocking revelations behind their undying hatred for each other. Why do writer always wanna do that. It's simple Sabretooth kills and will hurt logams loved one. Especially lovers that's it. What's more shocking then adding The whole Romulas thing to thier rivalry.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    shed new light on their dark history with shocking revelations behind their undying hatred for each other. Why do writer always wanna do that. It's simple Sabretooth kills and will hurt logams loved one. Especially lovers that's it. What's more shocking then adding The whole Romulas thing to thier rivalry.
    Agreed. That had me rolling my eyes hard.

Last time a writer tried tampering with their history, we got that Loeb crap. Abd LaValle hasn't impressed me with his writing on Creed thus far, so I doubt he'll be much better than Loeb going into past related things.

There's about 10 different backstories about how their rivalry started. Instead of retconning more history, focus in fixing Sabretooth's character assassination from the last 22 years. lmao THAT would be time better spent than rehashing this tired feud which he already know Wolverine is gonna win. There's no rivalry there when it's that one-sided & Logan is on record saying Creed bores him & has never been a threat.

I’m stoked for this. Percy has been great on the Wolverine solo and LaValle was fantastic on the Sabretooth mini. Hopefully the new reasons behind the rivalry is that Romulus is retconned out of existence.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. That had me rolling my eyes hard.

Last time a writer tried tampering with their history, we got that Loeb crap. Abd LaValle hasn't impressed me with his writing on Creed thus far, so I doubt he'll be much better than Loeb going into past related things.

There's about 10 different backstories about how their rivalry started. Instead of retconning more history, focus in fixing Sabretooth's character assassination from the last 22 years. lmao THAT would be time better spent than rehashing this tired feud which he already know Wolverine is gonna win. There's no rivalry there when it's that one-sided & Logan is on record saying Creed bores him & has never been a threat.
    I don't think that's really consistent though.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's really consistent though.
    Well Creed has been consistently jobbing since then. So he's apparently right. Lmao Can't hate Logan for telling the truth. Lmao

But I do & will hate Austen for starting that crap. And the writers who have continued it for 22 years.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-20-2023 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’m stoked for this. Percy has been great on the Wolverine solo and LaValle was fantastic on the Sabretooth mini. Hopefully the new reasons behind the rivalry is that Romulus is retconned out of existence.
    I don't think they can retcon him out of existence, since Percy wrote him into X Lives/X Deaths. But I think he and LaValle could clean some of that mess up by explaining that Romulus (and his sister Remus) were basically emissaries of Apocalypse. En Sabah Nur found them and saved them centuries ago, like he did Warren Worthington when he turned him into Archangel. They became Clan Akkaba's house assassins... until later breaking off and forming their own Assassin's Guild (during one of Apocalypse's slumbers), which eventually became the Assassin's Guild we know today. They trade in whispers and lies, and blades and blood. Hence everything they said about Weapon X, and making their own involvement more grandiose than it was, was a lie.

When he awoke Apocalypse called for them, as he'd had a vision of things to come, and wanted them to shape the life of the man known as James Howlett, aka Logan. Because in his vision he'd foreseen that he was important to the future. So that's what they did. With Apocalypse as the grand hand behind it all, including Weapon X. For him, it was all about creating superior mutants to prepare for the return of Annihilation to these lands. For the Allied governments of Canada, the U.S., and Eastern Europe it was about building super assassins capable of taking out super soldiers in the coming superhuman arms race. So interests aligned, and Apocalypse manipulated things from the shadows as was the original intent re: Weapon X - that he was behind it.

Sure, there's also all the Sublime stuff too re: Weapon Plus, but this doesn't contradict any of that. Instead it goes back to the original plan of Apocalypse being the voice on the phone with Truett Hudson, aka Professor Thornton in the original BWS Weapon X mini. It also diminishes Romulus' role to being that of Apocalypse's lap dog, or pet assassin, just doing his bidding re: involvement in Logan's life. Remus was there too, but apparently eventually felt sorry for Logan and left somewhere along the way. Oh, and Sinister's involvement in the experiments at Alamagordo, where Brian Xavier worked, and all that stuff (which predates the Weapon X experiments) ties into this too. As it was all Apocalypse driven, behind the scenes, trying to harden mutantkind for what was to come. It fits like a glove honestly.

They've already cleaned up the Lupine sapiens crap, saying that was a lie from Romulus. So this would just go along with that in terms of cleaning up Loeb's crap story and making it fit with what's already been established as well as, at least IMO, what should have been re: Apocalypse being involved behind the scenes in Weapon X. A program to make mutants even more fit to survive? Of course that makes sense! Especially with what we now know about his motivations post X of Swords.

Finally, going forward, Logan would think Romulus was a complete joke. Just another of Apocalypse's lapdogs. So he'd become a character that he doesn't think even worth his time, and thus more of an arch nemesis for his son, Daken. Who probably needs an arch nemesis anyway. And has every reason to hate Romulus even more than Logan. Win-win. Just offload Rommy to being a Daken arch-foe.

And, at the same time, I'm with Silver Fang here... let's make Creed badass again! Logan's primary foe for good reason. Smart, cunning, capable and dangerous AF.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-20-2023 at 08:08 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”