Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 'Sabretooth War' - Percy & LaValle team up with artists Cory Smith & Geoff Shaw

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...imate-showdown

Wolverine and Sabretooth have one of bloodiest feuds in all of pop culture history and this January, their rivalry reaches a brand new peak in "Sabretooth War," a ten-part epic coming to Benjamin Percy’s run on WOLVERINE.

Shipping bimonthly, "Sabretooth War" will begin in WOLVERINE #41 and culminate in the landmark WOLVERINE #50. Having shepherded the character through the Krakoan age, it’s finally time for Percy to pit Wolverine against his greatest foe!

Joining him for the occasion will be award-winning author of The Changeling and The Devil in Silver and the writer behind Sabretooth’s own journey the last few years, Victor LaValle. They’ll be teaming up with two of the industry’s hottest artists, Cory Smith and Geoff Shaw, to deliver the definitive Wolverine and Sabretooth story.

With each issue co-written by Percy and LaValle, the Wolverine-led chapters illustrated by Smith, and Sabretooth-lead chapters illustrated by Shaw, the story will not only explore the pair’s current FALL OF X status quos but also shed new light on their dark history with shocking revelations behind their undying hatred for each other. It’s a war decades in the making and it kicks off when Sabretooth revives a deadly tradition—with some of Logan’s loved ones in the crossfire. Only this time, he has an entire army behind him…

Get ready for the showdown to end all showdowns: Wolverine vs. Sabretooth! It’s been years since these heavy hitters have crossed paths in the Marvel Universe, but as Krakoa falls, so rises Sabretooth—and he’s out for revenge! They threw Victor Creed in the Pit, but he’s free and, wielding an army of Sabretooths, will prove once and for all why he is Logan’s ultimate nemesis.

"Sabretooth is the definition of big bad—one of the nastiest, cruelest, scariest villains in the 616 and Wolverine's greatest nemesis," Percy explained. "Which is exactly why we haven't allowed their stories to intersect—during this age of Krakoa—until now. The tension has built up painfully, and now these two savage titans are going to claw and slash their way into each other's lives again in what will be the most violent Wolverine story in Marvel history."

"I’m geeked I get to continue the story of Sabretooth that I began in that first mini-series back in 2021," LaValle added. "Even more thrilled to tell it in tandem with my friend Ben Percy, who knows how to thrill and terrify with the best of them. We plan to make this a visceral story of two lifelong enemies coming to their most violent ends and I’m excited to get the blood flowing."

"I've known Victor LaValle for a long time—as a reader and as a friend," Percy continued. "His novels are virtuosic and deeply felt and scary as hell. He's a horror head and a giant comics nerd, and his work on Sabretooth has been brilliant. It's such a pleasure and an honor to join forces with him on this event. I worked with Geoff Shaw on the GHOST RIDER/WOLVERINE: WEAPONS OF VENGEANCE crossover, and I've been working with Cory Smith on GHOST RIDER. They are exactly suited for this project with their heavy shadows and rough texturing and fearlessness. We promise to hold nothing back."

WOLVERINE #41 - Part 1 of "Sabretooth War"
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY & VICTOR LAVALLE
    Art by CORY SMITH & GEOFF SHAW
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 1/10

WOLVERINE #42 – Part 2 of "Sabretooth War"
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY & VICTOR LAVALLE
    Penciled by CORY SMITH
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 1/31
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I thought Wolverine would have to double ship for that trade listing to make sense. It seems they are in a hurry to hit #50, I wonder why? (<- sarcasm)

Hopefully this is delivered as a more timeless Wolverine vs Sabertooth story free of any Krakoan sub plots and manages to renew the rivalry and Sabertooth's status as true villain.

I know theyre friends but it seems like LaValles last mini was going to be Sabretooth War and Percy is like I got 50 coming up and I want Sabretooth for that so they hodgepodged it altogether.

I’m more interested in Jeffries, Oya, Nekra, Nanny, etc.

Will they even be in this ??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I get that they're friends but I'm absolutely expecting Percy's side of things to drag down the overall quality of this story and I'm not thrilled about it but oh well.

Percy? Waaaaaaaaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

If they do get dropped from this I doubt it’ll be because of LaValle, since he spent just as much time developing them as he did Creed. I’m remaining cautiously optimistic for now since we’ve only seen covers and short solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know theyre friends but it seems like LaValles last mini was going to be Sabretooth War and Percy is like I got 50 coming up and I want Sabretooth for that so they hodgepodged it altogether.
    Honestly if that’s what I takes to get I published I’ll deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, I get that they're friends but I'm absolutely expecting Percy's side of things to drag down the overall quality of this story and I'm not thrilled about it but oh well.
    I do kinda wish they’d fully split up the issues so that someone who wanted to solely partake in the LaValle half of the crossover could do so. If we get beginning of Krakoa era Percy I think I’ll still get enjoyment out of his parts.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-16-2023 at 01:07 PM.

What do you mean? He already had two mini's previously. Why wouldnt it have gotten published?

I'm of two minds on this. I want to support lavalle but i don't want it to look like i'm supporting Percy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

I'm hopeful we'll see them again after learning this is a 10-part story. That should provide plenty of space for them to play some kind of role in the story. Fingers crossed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    What do you mean? He already had two mini's previously. Why wouldnt it have gotten published?
    It’s not like either mini ended up being a sales juggernaut. The reality is that sometimes projects get stealth cancelled (especially if they’re not officially announced) and we hadn’t heard anything for months (much longer than the break between Sabretooth and Exiles).

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm of two minds on this. I want to support lavalle but i don't want it to look like i'm supporting Percy.
    Man do I feel you in this. They somehow stuck my second fave X-writer with my least favorite. My excitement for LaValle outweighs my feelings about Percy at the end of the day though.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-16-2023 at 01:14 PM.

10 Part story so here's hoping that LaValle can use all the characters that he wants.

Astonishing Member

Sabretooth should reunite with Birdy

Birdy should shoot Victor with a big ass gun while in a pink body suit and high pony tail.

I wish it was all LaValle, but Percy's Wolverine is actually quite good apart from the "surfer" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm hopeful we'll see them again after learning this is a 10-part story. That should provide plenty of space for them to play some kind of role in the story. Fingers crossed.
    Oh yes that's good news. I hope. I do hope they don't die though.