Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

"By the way, does anybody know what exactly happened to Walt?"

I don't remember the details but he's in Doc Samson's body while Doc Samson is in Walt's. That's why Sasquatch is now called Doc Sasquatch when he shows up. This is not a story plot that I enjoy and hope it gets reversed sometime soon. I enjoyed Immortal Hulk quite a bit other than that whole thing with Doc and Walt.

Amazing Member

I know Marrina showed up at the end, but who else?

I think it was a missed opportunity, this whole mini series. We were promised surprises and got one (we all knew it was Heather). What about all the mutants on the old team? Where are they? Where are Box, Diamond Lil (I was so hoping for an appearance by my Lil), Goblyn, Pathway, Windshear, Persuasion, Manikin, and whoever else I'm missing? It was cool seeing Feedback, but he is such a blip in the AF lore that I don't think it had the impact Brisson wanted. I understand the love and significance of the original team and how they changed everything, but there were plenty more members who were a part of the team a lot longer. Sorry for the rant. I really do love this team, but I expected something more from this mini.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    I know Marrina showed up at the end, but who else?

I think it was a missed opportunity, this whole mini series. We were promised surprises and got one (we all knew it was Heather). What about all the mutants on the old team? Where are they? Where are Box, Diamond Lil (I was so hoping for an appearance by my Lil), Goblyn, Pathway, Windshear, Persuasion, Manikin, and whoever else I'm missing? It was cool seeing Feedback, but he is such a blip in the AF lore that I don't think it had the impact Brisson wanted. I understand the love and significance of the original team and how they changed everything, but there were plenty more members who were a part of the team a lot longer. Sorry for the rant. I really do love this team, but I expected something more from this mini.
    spoilers:
    Walt also showed up. He's got long green hair now because he is in Doc Samson's body while Doc Samson is in Walt's.
    end of spoilers

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wanted the ending to be more definitive with racist Whatsherface and Bochs Junior getting their comeuppance but...I very much enjoyed this mini overall. It was a straightforward and well told and well-illustrated story...which if they had a mind to, could have been lengthened into a longer AF: Mutant Search and Rescue series.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I like the series. I'm not super familiar with Alpha Flight prior to this so I don't know if there were any character issues and some of the bigger things didn't land as much for me (heather). I liked seeing how Orchis was working with a government, or at least how a government was using what Orchis was doing.

are they going to bench Heater?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    are they going to bench Heater?
    More like put her to bed, the poor thing's in the hospital.

Instead of storming Latveria for no good reason, Wolverine should storm his own country and go free all his Alphan friends next!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

Instead of storming Latveria for no good reason, Wolverine should storm his own country and go free all his Alphan friends next!
    I love this idea! He has the omega level power of being in several places at once so he should bust them out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

while it was good to see some of the old Alpha Flight back.....

the v2 team gets snubbed again which is annoying since that was a fun squad.

no Flex,Murmur, Radius, or Ghost Girl ....

Fantastic Member

Hopefully if this gets follow up we'll get some other Alpha Flight members who will be the focus instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do wish however, that instead of using Heather/Nemesis for teleportation they would have brought in Goblyn and her sister Laura, however that would have probably bloated the cast a bit much.
    You know it would be kinda funny if they meet up Laura again on a another adventure and Mac askes:

Mac: "Why wasn't she helping us the last time the team needed a teleporter?"

Eugene: "...I'm not going to lie Mac we kinda forgot her."

Laura: "Yeah you did along with everybody else."

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    "By the way, does anybody know what exactly happened to Walt?"

I don't remember the details but he's in Doc Samson's body while Doc Samson is in Walt's. That's why Sasquatch is now called Doc Sasquatch when he shows up. This is not a story plot that I enjoy and hope it gets reversed sometime soon. I enjoyed Immortal Hulk quite a bit other than that whole thing with Doc and Walt.
    This. Explains. So. Much.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

You have my support

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post

no Flex,Murmur, Radius, or Ghost Girl ....
    Whim speaks the truth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post

no Flex, Murmur, Radius, or Ghost Girl ....
    I didn't read that version, but I really want to see Radius, Unuscione and Unus finally get together and resolve whether or not they are related! (Unus was an old fave, and Unuscione a newer one back in the 90s, so I'm sure I could be a fan of Radius, as well. I like force field folk, and it's nice to have another boy, to balance out Skids, Armor, Cecelia Reyes, etc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wanted the ending to be more definitive with racist Whatsherface and Bochs Junior getting their comeuppance but...I very much enjoyed this mini overall. It was a straightforward and well told and well-illustrated story...which if they had a mind to, could have been lengthened into a longer AF: Mutant Search and Rescue series.
    I have a feeling when AF does pop up again that Bochs Jr is going to turn on Dept H. You could see he had misgivings here even. Now if AF will forgive him or not is still up in the air I think. In fact with so many different parts in the air concerning how Orchis is countered, (mysterium ships, knowhere, underground X-Men team, etc. All seem to be independent of each other) but with so many parts maybe Bochs sentinels are going to end up helping to take out the Stark sentinels