Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 95
  1. #76
    Mighty Member M@Bowers2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    "By the way, does anybody know what exactly happened to Walt?"

    I don't remember the details but he's in Doc Samson's body while Doc Samson is in Walt's. That's why Sasquatch is now called Doc Sasquatch when he shows up. This is not a story plot that I enjoy and hope it gets reversed sometime soon. I enjoyed Immortal Hulk quite a bit other than that whole thing with Doc and Walt.

  2. #77
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I know Marrina showed up at the end, but who else?

    I think it was a missed opportunity, this whole mini series. We were promised surprises and got one (we all knew it was Heather). What about all the mutants on the old team? Where are they? Where are Box, Diamond Lil (I was so hoping for an appearance by my Lil), Goblyn, Pathway, Windshear, Persuasion, Manikin, and whoever else I'm missing? It was cool seeing Feedback, but he is such a blip in the AF lore that I don't think it had the impact Brisson wanted. I understand the love and significance of the original team and how they changed everything, but there were plenty more members who were a part of the team a lot longer. Sorry for the rant. I really do love this team, but I expected something more from this mini.

  3. #78
    Mighty Member M@Bowers2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    I know Marrina showed up at the end, but who else?

    I think it was a missed opportunity, this whole mini series. We were promised surprises and got one (we all knew it was Heather). What about all the mutants on the old team? Where are they? Where are Box, Diamond Lil (I was so hoping for an appearance by my Lil), Goblyn, Pathway, Windshear, Persuasion, Manikin, and whoever else I'm missing? It was cool seeing Feedback, but he is such a blip in the AF lore that I don't think it had the impact Brisson wanted. I understand the love and significance of the original team and how they changed everything, but there were plenty more members who were a part of the team a lot longer. Sorry for the rant. I really do love this team, but I expected something more from this mini.
    spoilers:
    Walt also showed up. He's got long green hair now because he is in Doc Samson's body while Doc Samson is in Walt's.
    end of spoilers

  4. #79
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    13,753

    Default

    I wanted the ending to be more definitive with racist Whatsherface and Bochs Junior getting their comeuppance but...I very much enjoyed this mini overall. It was a straightforward and well told and well-illustrated story...which if they had a mind to, could have been lengthened into a longer AF: Mutant Search and Rescue series.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member RAWRlrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    I like the series. I'm not super familiar with Alpha Flight prior to this so I don't know if there were any character issues and some of the bigger things didn't land as much for me (heather). I liked seeing how Orchis was working with a government, or at least how a government was using what Orchis was doing.

  6. #81
    Fantastic Member Hephoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    362

    Default

    are they going to bench Heater?

  7. #82
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    are they going to bench Heater?
    More like put her to bed, the poor thing's in the hospital.

    Instead of storming Latveria for no good reason, Wolverine should storm his own country and go free all his Alphan friends next!

  8. #83
    Braddock Isle JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    More like put her to bed, the poor thing's in the hospital.

    Instead of storming Latveria for no good reason, Wolverine should storm his own country and go free all his Alphan friends next!
    I love this idea! He has the omega level power of being in several places at once so he should bust them out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

  9. #84
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    351

    Default

    while it was good to see some of the old Alpha Flight back.....

    the v2 team gets snubbed again which is annoying since that was a fun squad.

    no Flex,Murmur, Radius, or Ghost Girl ....

  10. #85
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Hopefully if this gets follow up we'll get some other Alpha Flight members who will be the focus instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do wish however, that instead of using Heather/Nemesis for teleportation they would have brought in Goblyn and her sister Laura, however that would have probably bloated the cast a bit much.
    You know it would be kinda funny if they meet up Laura again on a another adventure and Mac askes:


    Mac: "Why wasn't she helping us the last time the team needed a teleporter?"

    Eugene: "...I'm not going to lie Mac we kinda forgot her."

    Laura: "Yeah you did along with everybody else."

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    "By the way, does anybody know what exactly happened to Walt?"

    I don't remember the details but he's in Doc Samson's body while Doc Samson is in Walt's. That's why Sasquatch is now called Doc Sasquatch when he shows up. This is not a story plot that I enjoy and hope it gets reversed sometime soon. I enjoyed Immortal Hulk quite a bit other than that whole thing with Doc and Walt.
    This. Explains. So. Much.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    More like put her to bed, the poor thing's in the hospital.

    Instead of storming Latveria for no good reason, Wolverine should storm his own country and go free all his Alphan friends next!
    You have my support
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    while it was good to see some of the old Alpha Flight back.....

    the v2 team gets snubbed again which is annoying since that was a fun squad.

    no Flex,Murmur, Radius, or Ghost Girl ....
    Whim speaks the truth
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

  14. #89
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    while it was good to see some of the old Alpha Flight back.....

    the v2 team gets snubbed again which is annoying since that was a fun squad.

    no Flex, Murmur, Radius, or Ghost Girl ....
    I didn't read that version, but I really want to see Radius, Unuscione and Unus finally get together and resolve whether or not they are related! (Unus was an old fave, and Unuscione a newer one back in the 90s, so I'm sure I could be a fan of Radius, as well. I like force field folk, and it's nice to have another boy, to balance out Skids, Armor, Cecelia Reyes, etc.)

  15. #90
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wanted the ending to be more definitive with racist Whatsherface and Bochs Junior getting their comeuppance but...I very much enjoyed this mini overall. It was a straightforward and well told and well-illustrated story...which if they had a mind to, could have been lengthened into a longer AF: Mutant Search and Rescue series.
    I have a feeling when AF does pop up again that Bochs Jr is going to turn on Dept H. You could see he had misgivings here even. Now if AF will forgive him or not is still up in the air I think. In fact with so many different parts in the air concerning how Orchis is countered, (mysterium ships, knowhere, underground X-Men team, etc. All seem to be independent of each other) but with so many parts maybe Bochs sentinels are going to end up helping to take out the Stark sentinels

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •