Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Well, this mini was pretty average. The series wasn't particularly bad or particularly good in my opinion. It was just pretty average. As I said that's just my opinion.

The big reveals weren't all that surprising. You could see the Alpha Flight members actually siding with the mutants and betraying the Canadian government from a mile a way. Same thing with the reveal that Heather was Nemesis. That's what hurt the series more than anything.

I will say that part of the reason that I didn't enjoy this comic as much as some others may be that I'm not all that familiar with Alpha Flight to begin with. The only characters that I have much knowledge of are Northstar and the other mutant members who pop up in the X-line more than the other characters. So I guess that some of the interactions may have gone over my head. Hardcore fans of Alpha Flight seem to have enjoyed it a lot more than others.

I finished the final issue and I'm more than a bit disappointed that they left no room for a resolution for Alpha Flight other than to say, check out this upcoming issue of X-Force.

Kind of feels I wasted my money for HALF the story now.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I have a feeling when AF does pop up again that Bochs Jr is going to turn on Dept H. You could see he had misgivings here even. Now if AF will forgive him or not is still up in the air I think. In fact with so many different parts in the air concerning how Orchis is countered, (mysterium ships, knowhere, underground X-Men team, etc. All seem to be independent of each other) but with so many parts maybe Bochs sentinels are going to end up helping to take out the Stark sentinels
    I definitely think Bochs Jr is going to turn on Dept. H. You could tell he was upset that he killed a mutant fugitive. Hopefully we'll get a follow-up mini/onoing sooner than later. I think the upcoming X-Force issue will just show Northstar, Aurora and Fang and basically just cameos for them. I don't see them continuing the Alpha Flight storyline as a subplot in X-Force. Though I would start buying it again if they did.

I was surprisingly pleased by how this mini wrapped up. Alpha Flight's relationship with Dept. H - and Mac's leanings in particular - has made the team's moral core more than slightly suspect for a while now. Seeing the Flight willing to go to mat and actually sacrifice in heroic cause was what they needed to re-establish their bonafides. This is the first Alpha Flight story in a while that's had me genuinely eager for more once it was all wrapped up.

I loved this mini because it was nice to have Alpha Flight back and acting like Alpha Flight again. Fang is a nice addition to the team too since we can't get Logan. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for a follow-up mini or ongoing by the same creative team.