Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I guess when Brisson writes something he wants to write he ends up cooking well. Good for him. Maybe I'll check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So from the preview pages we know Guardian, Snowbird, Puck, and Shaman are working with the government which has banned mutants from Canada. Erika Doiron, the Director of Department H, takes them to a facility where she introduces them to Roger Bochs Jr., son of Box. He's created Box Sentinels which are sleeker and faster than Stark Sentinels. Roger can control them when he wears a special helmet in case their AI were to ever go rogue. Soon they'll be launched out into the public.

There's a scene in California at a biotech research center. A Dr. Lucas Peterson is working when he's approached by I guess his boss and a few Orchis troops pointing guns at him. Apparently he lied when he signed an employment affidavit stating he's not a mutant. He denies it, gets hit with a gun then powers up, leaps through a window and gets away.

Back in Canada Guardian's team is chasing a mutant when Northstar's team shows up and they fight while bystanders film them with cell phones. The mutant being chased says he was trying to find a Krakoa gate but they're all closed and he just wants to leave. The mysterious Nemesis shows up and teleports the mutant and Northstar away. A crowd has formed all filming with their phones and Guardian's team look dumb.

Later that evening back in California Dr. Lucas Peterson calls his wife from a gas station with likely a burner phone and tells her he's been lying to her. His real name is Albert Louis (aka Feedback) and that he's a mutant. She says she doesn't care and she loves him and tells him to come home. He says he can't right now but hopefully soon and that he loves her. It's a sad scene. He hangs up and destroys the phone with his powers. Turns out Orchis troops are sitting with her and pinged Albert's location from the call. His wife isn't bad though, you can tell she hated doing that to her husband.

Director Karen is yelling at Guardian's team over what happened. Guardian says it won't happen and she's like you're damn right it won't because we're rolling out a dozen Box Sentinels tomorrow.

At some location called Krakoa North in Manitoba, there's a very nice safehouse where Northstar's group is keeping rescued mutants. The young mutant they saved earlier asked if they can go to Mars but Northstar says it's unsafe so they're planning to take them to Chandilar. The young mutant asks, "When?" and Shaman says, "soon" while walking in with his group and Fang and Aurora. He says it's only a matter of time before Department H finds out the two groups have been working together so they need to get every mutant off earth as fast as they can. End.

My concern is that there's a triple agent actually working for Department H. It feels like the reveal happened too early and there's another twist in store. But it's a fun issue and the art is dope.
    Thank you friend!

I'll read this on Unlimited. I'm enjoying Fall of X so far, glad to see this title is continuing the trend.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm literally eating my words. This was an excellent read start to finish. And I'm glad the reveal was what I was hoping for just like the original X-Factor back in the day. I can't wait for issue 02. Yes the art is indeed dope.
    I'm chewing too because I had kinda wrote this title off. It has a classic comic book vibe. I wasn't familiar with Feedback but I immediately liked him and I'm invested in his story.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Thank you friend!

I'll read this on Unlimited. I'm enjoying Fall of X so far, glad to see this title is continuing the trend.
    My pleasure!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I liked it and I thought the art was great. I didn't read much of OG Alpha Flight so I don't have a deep connection to the characters, but it's a good issue.
    This is where I'm at. I wasn't planning on reading this as I don't know much about Alpha Flight, but I ended up giving it a go and really enjoyed the first issue. It feels like a classic superhero comic and I'm glad it immediately eschewed the hero vs hero trope with that last page reveal.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world No, you move."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So Memesis can teleport, well that makes the list of candidats very small. Magik is in Asgard, Pixie has wings, Ariel needs doors and it is clearly a female, so Lila Cheney perhaps?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

One of the few comics by Brisson I actually liked. I’m really happy he’s not out to character-assassinate half of the OG team like the premise indicated.
    I do hope he fixes the Heather mess he helped worsen, though. So far things are in a good direction.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Nemesis is actually Heather btw.

So we got Brisson from Extermination and not Brisson from Uncanny X-men/Age of X-man/ X-force / New Mutants.

The menace is credible, the heroes have a coherent plan for saving mutants, and we have some references for old Alpha Flight fans but it's also accessible for new readers.
    It was a very solid first issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Memesis can teleport, well that makes the list of candidats very small. Magik is in Asgard, Pixie has wings, Ariel needs doors and it is clearly a female, so Lila Cheney perhaps?
    One of Feedback’s contemporaries was a teleporting mutant named Laura Dean aka Pathway. My money’s on her.

I didnt realize Brisson was gonna write this. I liked his past X-men work. The interior art is MUCH better than the cover art

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    One of Feedback’s contemporaries was a teleporting mutant named Laura Dean aka Pathway. My money’s on her.
    With all of the Alpha Flight call backs that would make more sense than Lila Cheney. I wouldn't mind either being Nemesis though honestly. Not sure why Lila would take up the identity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Maybe this was so lame that no one even bothers to write a summary?
    Or maybe I was just too busy to post one at the time I created this thread?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Alpha Flight was the Fall of X book I was looking forward to the least: even though I love AF, the concept didn't sound as strong as for the other books and the last X-work Brisson produced wasn't exactly amazing. Yet the execution completely sold me here, even after the fun last page reveal, I think this was very well-executed and paced, and with great art.

I can really see the benefit of doing 4 issue limited series, there's no time for decompression, the fat is cut right off and we get into the thick of things right away.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Alpha Flight was the Fall of X book I was looking forward to the least: even though I love AF, the concept didn't sound as strong as for the other books and the last X-work Brisson produced wasn't exactly amazing. Yet the execution completely sold me here, even after the fun last page reveal, I think this was very well-executed and paced, and with great art.

I can really see the benefit of doing 4 issue limited series, there's no time for decompression, the fat is cut right off and we get into the thick of things right away.
    Exactatiously.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Is this giving anyone else an early X-Factor vibe? I mean the team that posed as mutant hunters but in reality they were saving and protecting mutants? This feels like a flip on that concept

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    With all of the Alpha Flight call backs that would make more sense than Lila Cheney. I wouldn't mind either being Nemesis though honestly. Not sure why Lila would take up the identity though.
    Definitely would prefer Pathway, although Pathway's got the potential game-changing power to just bamf the mutants they rescue to LiveWorld, her own personal paradise island pocket dimension, which is like taking refuge in Limbo, only *without all the demons.* (Still, a writer who didn't want to deal with that, could just say that Live World has been overrun with Mindless Ones or N'Garai or some other extradimensional invaders, and isn't safe to visit at the moment. It would basically take one sentence to take that 'send the mutant refugees to Live World' option off the table, and even create a potential storyline for later, when Laura Dean recruits some allies to kick the invaders out of her personal pocket paradise!)

Although Pathway tends to show up with her sister Goblyn, who is more visibly a mutant, and would have to go in disguise, or hang back from public 'anti-mutant' Alpha Flight missions, so that could be a late reveal, if Pathway is Nemesis, Alpha Flight gets in trouble and it turns out that Goblyn is stalking along with them, unseen, and ready to deal with situations covertly. (Which would require her to have some stealth capabilities, but we never really got a handle on what sort of mutant stuff she's got going on, other than being a small scrapper, like half a Wild Child.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-17-2023 at 01:23 PM.