Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Everyone called it since issue #1 .
    Yup. What's going to make it interesting is how/if Brisson addresses the clusterfuck of the Hudson's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    And the Fourth Nemesis has been revealed and it's MASSIVELY disappointing.
    I'm not disappointed because I called it after #1 came out. I'll be disappointed if their isn't a good reason for this character taking up the Nemesis mantle and sword.

Yeah I wasn't disappointed either and was happy to see them. Another issue that I enjoyed. It's just classic superhero stuff done well and it's one of the three FoX books I'm continuing with.

I really liked the scene with Kyle and everything he said. Things are getting tense at Krakoa North though and I hope he'll be alright.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Wasn’t disappointed either but… Where’s Marrina??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Wasn’t disappointed either but… Where’s Marrina??
    I kinda wish Marrina would usurp control of any remaining Plodex and Plodex technology/bases on Earth from the 'Master of the World,' and work on sort of rehabilitating her mostly mindless menace people, while also turning their remaining technology to better uses than the 'Master' did, since she, not he, is a more rightful heir to the stuff the Plodex have here on Earth.

I mean, she used to be, for a hot minute, Queen of Atlantis! She deserves to be more than the 'angry homeless illegal alien teen.'

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Maybe this was so lame that no one even bothers to write a summary?
    No no. It was a strong issue. Maybe best X of the week. But if you have any knowledge of Alpha Flight history whatsoever, you had to see the twist coming the entire issue I think.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 10-27-2023 at 03:58 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Very good issue! I love the ending.. I didn’t think they’d actually do that..

I wish we’d get Alpha Flight Epic collections so I can have the old ones on my shelf…
    I support this initiative

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    No no. It was a strong issue. Maybe best X of the week. But if you have any knowledge of Alpha Flight history whatsoever, you had to see the twist coming the entire issue I think.
    I see now I was responding to an old post. Oddly, my comment is completely legit for this week’s issue and issue 1 as well.

BANNED

I don't suppose now would be a good time to mention the Box Sentinels, huh?

Last edited by Micabe; 10-27-2023 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Pulling up this older thread just to say how much I enjoyed the Alpha Flight series. The conclusion delivered a mix of emotions as the heroes were successful in some ways and unsuccessful in others. The appearance of two more former members at the end was great.

Plus I liked how on the final page with the issue checklist it said, spoilers:
    "See which Alpha Flight-ers return in X-Force #47." I'm thinking we might see Fang, Aurora, and Northstar pop up there.
    end of spoilers

*SPOILERS*

I was a bit disappointed. The conclusion felt very rushed and I missed seeing strong character moments. Like, it was great seeing all these characters again, but I can't say their characterizations were that great. They felt like players moving along the narrative, but there was no in-depth focus on any of them.
    Even the reunion seemed strange after all those characters have been through. Brisson glossed over how Guardian had Heather incarcerated and living a fantasy life the last time he wrote them. Suddenly they're a decent couple again? I mean, I'm all for fixing that whole mess, but this was just ignoring the issue altogether.
    I also wish we had seem more of the team in Chandilar, but that one panel of Walt and Marrina looked good.
    All in all, I think it was a somewhat decent mini that at least got these characters some panel-time, even if Brisson's characterization can't help but feel lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    *SPOILERS*

I was a bit disappointed. The conclusion felt very rushed and I missed seeing strong character moments. Like, it was great seeing all these characters again, but I can't say their characterizations were that great. They felt like players moving along the narrative, but there was no in-depth focus on any of them.
    Even the reunion seemed strange after all those characters have been through. Brisson glossed over how Guardian had Heather incarcerated and living a fantasy life the last time he wrote them. Suddenly they're a decent couple again? I mean, I'm all for fixing that whole mess, but this was just ignoring the issue altogether.
    I also wish we had seem more of the team in Chandilar, but that one panel of Walt and Marrina looked good.
    All in all, I think it was a somewhat decent mini that at least got these characters some panel-time, even if Brisson's characterization can't help but feel lacking.
    Hopefully it's received well enough to warrant a new series. It's always tricky with such a large cast and the premise being as tight as it is. From an aerial view though I think it showed all the characters in a great light as they all wanted to help the mutants and risked arrest or worse. I've become a fan of Feedback and I enjoyed Kyle's role as he held down the fort while the others were flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    *SPOILERS*

Honestly I think that previous storyline involving Heather and Mac is best forgotten. It kinda ruined both characters. I enjoyed this issue and I'm sad it's over. I wish the art didn't change mid-way through the issue though. Luckily it blended in pretty well with the regular art so it wasn't too jarring. I think with the way this issue ends that another mini or new ongoing must be in the works. Here's hoping. Oh yeah. I was super thrilled by the 2 surprise AF members that showed up at the end.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I haven't gotten hold of the last issue yet, but I definitely agree we need to just forget that entire episode of Mac and Heather's story. That wasn't anything like his character at all and just damaged him greatly. Yes, they can be divorced and have interpersonal problems, but we dont need complete character assassination to build drama between them. I think I rather liked Heather being Nemesis, it gives a unique disposition between her and Mac rather than them being heroic copies ala Guardian and Vindicator. I do wish however, that instead of using Heather/Nemesis for teleportation they would have brought in Goblyn and her sister Laura, however that would have probably bloated the cast a bit much.
    I do hope this series served well enough that we could get another mini series at the least picking up the team after Fall of X and their relationship with the government and each other. (There was not nearly enough Snowbird transformations in this series....I need more!)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hopefully it's received well enough to warrant a new series. It's always tricky with such a large cast and the premise being as tight as it is. From an aerial view though I think it showed all the characters in a great light as they all wanted to help the mutants and risked arrest or worse. I've become a fan of Feedback and I enjoyed Kyle's role as he held down the fort while the others were flying around.
    Yes, I also hope it leads to a continuation. I honestly feel like they needed at least one more issue to properly close the story, as the Chandilar portion was VERY rushed.
    I do agree that the book showed everyone in a good light, I kind of just wished for meatier character moments than what we got.
    PS: I noticed they had Heather in the same building as Guardian's group, so it definitely feels like a set-up for their reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Honestly I think that previous storyline involving Heather and Mac is best forgotten. It kinda ruined both characters. I enjoyed this issue and I'm sad it's over. I wish the art didn't change mid-way through the issue though. Luckily it blended in pretty well with the regular art so it wasn't too jarring. I think with the way this issue ends that another mini or new ongoing must be in the works. Here's hoping. Oh yeah. I was super thrilled by the 2 surprise AF members that showed up at the end.
    I do think that whole storyline is terrible, but it's weird that Brisson, the guy who contributed to making it so terrible, is the one who ignored it altogether.
    It was such a bad direction for them that I really wanted on-panel confirmation that it was all a nightmare or mind control, LOL.

By the way, does anybody know what exactly happened to Walt? I honestly thought he had died in Immortal Hulk, but it's been a while since I read it and I didn't really finish that run.