Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Najimi Ajimu vs High Evolutionary

Najimi Ajimu (Medaka Box) vs High Evolutionary (616).

Standard arena match, best versions (not necessarily the most current versions) for both.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    How powerful did Wyndham get at the end of The Evolutionary Wars (before the Elastoplast Avengers stopped him)?
    If "best versions" make this a stomp because of some odd story where High Ev got ahold of, say, a dozen cosmic cubes (or something), lets make it "standard versions."

Sorry, my bad. Answer for either or both, as you prefer.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 08-17-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't the High Evolutionary throw down with Galactus at his strongest?

As much as I love Anshin'in (kinda lost all interest in Medaka Box once she disappeared) I don't think she can hang with that. Especially since most of her feats are one page splash panels with the background being taken up by the names of the 100 abilities she's using.

How powerful did Wyndham get at the end of The Evolutionary Wars (before the Elastoplast Avengers stopped him)?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Doesn't the High Evolutionary throw down with Galactus at his strongest?
    He does. He fires a beam at Galactus to devolve him, and Galactus chooses to dodge rather than tank it. Then Big G sends High Ev to the Negative Zone rather than continue to duke it out.

7b87aaf6f1faca4cffefa44ee9b1c067.jpg

main-qimg-ce858eb8a74a7d340b945f1f1aac2a9f-pjlq.jpg

main-qimg-69485709b7e5fde940e4f00f4a035f19-pjlq.jpg

On the other hand Najimi is 246 times older than the universe and has 12.8 trillion (with a "T" like "Texas") superpowers, among which are various "protagonist powers" that enable her to manipulate the story she's in. So, therefore, a fight.

Edit:

My bad, 12.8 quadrillion powers (with a "Q" like "Quietus").
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 08-17-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    See edited OP, please.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    He does. He fires a beam at Galactus to devolve him, and Galactus chooses to dodge rather than tank it. Then Big G sends High Ev to the Negative Zone rather than continue to duke it out.

7b87aaf6f1faca4cffefa44ee9b1c067.jpg

main-qimg-ce858eb8a74a7d340b945f1f1aac2a9f-pjlq.jpg

main-qimg-69485709b7e5fde940e4f00f4a035f19-pjlq.jpg

On the other hand Najimi is 246 times older than the universe and has 12.8 trillion (with a "T" like "Texas") superpowers, among which are various "protagonist powers" that enable her to manipulate the story she's in. So, therefore, a fight.
    I mean...who counted her superpowers?

Also, I would like to see how granular they get with the superpowers, because 12.8 trillion distinct superpowers?

Or is it more like....

#134 574: Time manipulation (forwards in small jumps)
    #134 575: Time manipulation (backwards in small jumps)
    #134 576: Time manipulation (forwards in larger jumps)
    #134 577: Time manipulation (backwards in larger jumps)

Or....

#452: EM Control: Wavelengths of 10^-16m
    #453: EM Control: Wavelengths of 10^-15m
    #454: Em Control: Wavelengths of 10^-14m (yes, i'm aware that using 'meters' is ridiculous for this as we're talking about a being whose existence predates the metric/SI system by a lot, this is why I didn't use 'seconds' and 'minutes' above, but couldn't be bothered to continue with that sort of thing)

You get the idea.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-17-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I mean...who counted her superpowers?

Also, I would like to see how granular they get with the superpowers, because 12.8 trillion distinct superpowers?
    No reason to believe the counting is based upon gradients of each power. I would say very largely distinct.

There are some scans here on this page.

Extraordinary Member

The problem is that she at most shows 814 of those skills during the manga. Out of that selection we know the specifics of 12 skills, and most of those aren't even combat oriented.

The other 802 skills are just names listed on the background of splash pages, with at best vague descriptions found on the series wiki page.
    No reason to believe the counting is based upon gradients of each power. I would say very largely distinct.
    There's no reason to believe that they aren't gradients of each power either. We just don't know because she doesn't use most of them.

She's a fun concept for a character and pretty well-executed in the series. But she's not really suitable for our style of vs. debates. Fun for sketches though.

She's a fun concept for doesn't have the feats to do anything to Galactus.
    High Evolutionary, but yes, unless anybody's got better feats for her. Thought there might be some out there.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 08-17-2023 at 08:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

High Evolutionary, but yes.
    Yeah, I realised my error at removed any mention of Galactus from my post. Da oops.

Another thing, it doesn't help that the people she unleashes her splash page barrages on are all featless misdirects before the real villains of the arc show up.

The problem is that she at most shows 814 of those skills during the manga. Out of that selection we know the specifics of 12 skills, and most of those aren't even combat oriented.

The other 802 skills are just names listed on the background of splash pages, with at best vague descriptions found on the series wiki page.

There's no reason to believe that they aren't gradients of each power either. We just don't know because she doesn't use most of them.

She's a fun concept for a character and pretty well-executed in the series. But she's not really suitable for our style of vs. debates. Fun for sketches though.
    By 'most', we're talking she doesn't use 99.999 999 993% percent of her powers.

Also, again, who sat down and counted up to 12.8 trillion for...I don't know, conservatively speaking, 406 000 years? And didn't miscount and need to start again because they forgot where they were?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

By 'most', we're talking she doesn't use 99.999 999 993% percent of her powers.

Also, again, who sat down and counted up to 12.8 trillion for...I don't know, conservatively speaking, 406 000 years? And didn't miscount and need to start again because they forgot where they were?
    That would be Najimi herself. One of her known skills allows her to count large numbers really fast.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-17-2023 at 08:36 AM.

That would be Najimi herself. One of her known skills allows her to count large numbers really fast.
    ...how fast? I mean...there's really fast and...okay, I know she's stupidly old - more than our universe - but sitting and counting even 10 list items a second is still 40 000 years of sitting and counting.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

...how fast? I mean...there's really fast and...okay, I know she's stupidly old - more than our universe - but sitting and counting even 10 list items a second is still 40 000 years of sitting and counting.
    We don't get to see her count all her skills. So we don't know how fast it is.

But since she's the one who keeps mentioning the number of skills she has and her counting skill is used to count the hundreds of skills she uses in one chapter. So I'm assuming that she used that skill to do it.

Or she's just kept count since before the dawn of time. We don't know if she got all the skills at once or if she accumulate them over her entire existence.

We don't get to see her count all her skills. So we don't know how fast it is.

But since she's the one who keeps mentioning the number of skills she has and her counting skill is used to count the hundreds of skills she uses in one chapter. So I'm assuming that she used that skill to do it.

Or she's just kept count since before the dawn of time. We don't know if she got all the skills at once or if she accumulate them over her entire existence.
    I guess her super-mind can keep that kind of big number in its memory and updated it without messing up.

Sounds bloody awful. ^_^
    Why are we here?