Default Your opinion on what the Best Collected series is?

Lots of runs/series get collected, but not many are collected well.

Like are all the key issues included?

If multiple series are involved in the run or stories, are they put in the proper reading order?

Are the Volumes all the same size and look? So that they look great on a shelf.

Personal preference here, but are all the covers included, so you can see how they looked when they were in the stores years ago?

Are they only avail in TPB, HC or only in giant Omnibusses (Omnibi? Omnibuss'ss?)

What is your nomination for the best collected run of a writer/series/character that is collected REALLY WELL?

Extraordinary Member

My favorite is Absolute Kingdom Come. It included the extra pages that were left out of the original floppies, the nice epilogue in Booster Gold's restaurant, and tons of sketches from Alex Ross.

Yes, there are some TPB volumes that have most or all of this - NOW. But the Absolute version had all of that first. I was thrilled when I first purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    My favorite is Absolute Kingdom Come. It included the extra pages that were left out of the original floppies, the nice epilogue in Booster Gold's restaurant, and tons of sketches from Alex Ross.

Yes, there are some TPB volumes that have most or all of this - NOW. But the Absolute version had all of that first. I was thrilled when I first purchased it.
    Personally, I've always liked the 1st Edition version from 1997

First that came to mind is the John Byrne Superman hardcover volumes. Then you can get the Superman in Exile Omnibus that picks up right after that, but obviously not all the same size and design between the hardcovers and the omni, but you get a complete long Superman run.

Another is the Justice League International volumes, and next year they are releasing the 3rd volume Omnibus of JLI/JLE, so you'll have the entire Giffen/DeMatteis run

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The Starman omnibuses are things of beauty. Sucks that they went out of print so quickly.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.