Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Speed Force by Jarrett Williams and Daniele Di Nicuolo

In November DC will launch Speed Force, a new series starring Flash Family members Wallace “Ace” West, aka Kid Flash, and Avery Ho, The Flash of China. The series is written by Jarrett Williams and illustrated by Daniele Di Nicuolo.
    Wallace West and Avery Ho: the young speedsters have been Teen Titans, Justice Leaguers, and above all, members of the Flash Family. As they become aware of mysterious changes happening to the Speed Force, they race to Keystone City, where they encounter old friends, new threats, and a chance to forge their own paths.

That's awesome.

First time since Flash and Impulse that the Flash family have two books. Pretty dope.

Also, Daniele Di Nicuolo art is great, i think it really fits the Flash vibe.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'll definitely check it out. I imagine other speedsters will pop in and out - sounds like a good way to keep the extended Flash family around and active without having to crowd the main title.
    [edit: oh, it's a mini? Well, hopefully it will do well enough to get picked up]

Extraordinary Member

Issue #1 Variant by Leirix

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well, that's a bummer. Since we are talking about minis too, the Flash family will have three books at the same time then, alongside Flash and Jay and Judy's book.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, that's a bummer. Since we are talking about minis too, the Flash family will have three books at the same time then, alongside Flash and Jay and Judy's book.
    Well DC has been willing to extend minis if the sales are good so we can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't understand why they go from 1 to 3, like maybe lets try 2 for some time?

Incredible Member

Di Nicuolo is a really good artist, he did a really good 15-issue Boom! series with Tom Taylor called Seven Secrets. Fun, kinetic style.

But, I am just not an "Ace" fan. They tried to shoehorn him in as the New 52 Wally, and no one was buying it. Adams made a decent effort to make him Wally's sidekick, but you can't duplicate the Wally/Bart chemistry. Otherwise, he's just another speedster.

We allways have the antecedent of Poison Ivy and Blue Beetle. If it sells well, DC is willing to convert a miniseries into a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    We allways have the antecedent of Poison Ivy and Blue Beetle. If it sells well, DC is willing to convert a miniseries into a regular.
    Exactly.

I think the idea is tight and the talent onboard is great.

How have we never had a book called “Speed Force” starring a force of speedsters before?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't understand why they go from 1 to 3, like maybe lets try 2 for some time?
    Well the Jay Garrick one is a JSA book as well tying back to what Johns is doing than a pure Flash family book.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    How have we never had a book called “Speed Force” starring a force of speedsters before?
    Geoff Johns announced one like over a decade ago after The Flash: Rebirth at SDCC which never actually materialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Exactly.

I think the idea is tight and the talent onboard is great.

Speed Force was the book that Geoff Johns promised us to accommodated Wally when they brought Barry back and never materialized.

Edit: Hypo was quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Geoff Johns announced one like over a decade ago after The Flash: Rebirth at SDCC which never actually materialized.
    Well he did promised a lot of stuff at that time, like Wally being in the back-up stories of the Flash book, but we all know what happened.

Sounds cool! I hope we get more Flash Family though because "Speed Force" implies more than just two, even if I like Wallace and Avery.

I wonder if this is going to build on Avery having feelings for Wallace before he hooked up with Emiko.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds cool! I hope we get more Flash Family though because "Speed Force" implies more than just two, even if I like Wallace and Avery.
    I think the deciding factor there would be if this stays a mini or if it gets extended.
    Last edited by Hypo; 08-17-2023 at 08:40 AM.