Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Are they in Flash right now? I trade wait that one, and probably need to catch up. Last volume I grabbed was Wally's return.

Kinda torn a little on this one. Love that we're finally getting a Flash family book, it's what, almost fifteen years late or something? Really wanna support it, will probably grab the first issue. But I'm not crazy about Avery and all I see here are the missing speedsters; Bart, Jesse, Max, the West twins....for a Flash family book, if this is only gonna focus on Ace and Avery, it's not much on the 'family' part.

My interest would've been a lot higher if Bart (and Max) were included.
    Bart, Max and the West twins have all been seen in the preview of Spurrier's new Flash book, so it looks like they will be featured there, so far I don't think Ace has been seen in any of the new previews so this Speed Force book maybe a place a for speedsters that are not in they main Flash book.

It a mini if it is successful and expanded maybe other characters will eventually show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like at the very least Jesse should be in this.
    Right? She was a big part of the Waid era and I miss her.

I'd settle for Kid Quick being here and finally doing something too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Bart, Max and the West twins have all been seen in the preview of Spurrier's new Flash book, so it looks like they will be featured there

It a mini if it is successful and expanded maybe other characters will eventually show up.
    Maybe I'll need to grab Spurrier's run as it comes out instead of waiting for the trade.....if we get Max and Bart there I don't think I wanna wait.

And I like that DC is doing this mini-to-ongoing thing. Encourages folks to try stuff out, I think.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Variant by Mike Deodato Jr.

Right? She was a big part of the Waid era and I miss her.

I'd settle for Kid Quick being here and finally doing something too.
    The moment Kid Quick shows up Wallace is kind of redundant though .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The moment Kid Quick shows up Wallace is kind of redundant though .
    How so? I didn't read much of Wallace's Titans stuff, and I've missed chunks of Flash in recent years so if Kid Quick takes anything away from Wallace I'm not aware of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

How so? I didn't read much of Wallace's Titans stuff, and I've missed chunks of Flash in recent years so if Kid Quick takes anything away from Wallace I'm not aware of it.
    I just mean age and role wise I think they would be too similar.

They're similar in age, but I'd honestly say Kid Quick reminds me more of Bart's quick-talking speedster hyperactivity where Wallace/Ace's got more of Barry's science nerd neuroticism

Mighty Member

I wonder what does that mean for Jesse Chambers and Barry Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    They're similar in age, but I'd honestly say Kid Quick reminds me more of Bart's quick-talking speedster hyperactivity where Wallace/Ace's got more of Barry's science nerd neuroticism
    That's been my thought as well. I haven't read all of Wallace's stuff but once you factor out the fact that he's a hormonal teenager he does seem to have a lot in common with Barry. Kid Quick seems more....in-the-moment, I guess?

My kingdom for a Flash family book that actually features the whole family. Or at least a big chunk of it. But this is definitely a step in the right direction, I hope it sells solidly and DC recognizes that Flash is an IP capable of carrying more than one ongoing at a time. But I'd be a lot more excited about it if we had another speedster or two, at least.

Maybe they'll be involved despite what we're hearing and seeing here. Maybe Wallace and Avery will be the main focal points, but the others will still be used regularly. Like how the current Action arc has done the Super family while still being focused on Clark.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Yeah, Jesse Quick serves the Flash role on Earth-11, and essentially combines Jesse, Barry, and Wally (Jay still exists in that world but is a woman). Her sidekick Kid Quick meanwhile combines elements of Wally (by Jesse being their aunt, like how Barry is Wally's uncle), Ace (by being black), and Bart (personality).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jesse might get a story but I doubt they'll replace any of the Earth-0 speedsters.
    "Cable was right!"

That's been my thought as well. I haven't read all of Wallace's stuff but once you factor out the fact that he's a hormonal teenager he does seem to have a lot in common with Barry. Kid Quick seems more....in-the-moment, I guess?

My kingdom for a Flash family book that actually features the whole family. Or at least a big chunk of it. But this is definitely a step in the right direction, I hope it sells solidly and DC recognizes that Flash is an IP capable of carrying more than one ongoing at a time. But I'd be a lot more excited about it if we had another speedster or two, at least.

Maybe they'll be involved despite what we're hearing and seeing here. Maybe Wallace and Avery will be the main focal points, but the others will still be used regularly. Like how the current Action arc has done the Super family while still being focused on Clark.
    Three Flash books is a heck of a start, even though one's technically a JSA spinoff. Hopefully they sell well enough to prove that an actual Speed Force/Flash Fam ongoing is viable and we can get a larger cast. I'd love to see Kid Quick and Judy Garrick better integrated with the Flash Fam if they're gonna be continuing characters moving forward, but I'm also happy to see just Ace and Avery test their mettle for a mini

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh right Kid Quick is the Future State Flash that was in Teen Justice a little while ago right?

Correct. And this might confuse people, but their real name is Jess Chambers - and like I said, their world's Jesse Quick is their aunt. Which is kind of weird since Earth-0 Jesse is an only child, and therefore can't have a niece or nephew.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Correct. And this might confuse people, but their real name is Jess Chambers - and like I said, their world's Jesse Quick is their aunt. Which is kind of weird since Earth-0 Jesse is an only child, and therefore can't have a niece or nephew.
    She can, by marriage. Barry is also an only child (if you discount Malcolm Thawne)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!