Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #32 Preview

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-spider...am-up-preview/

Peter gives no f's about the break up and oh the suspense

He's really going forward with the lawyer as the new (temporary) love interest after the way he wrote off MJ and Felicia. Carlie Cooper 2.0 is here.

(This run is way too terrible for Gleason's art.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-spider...am-up-preview/

Peter gives no f's about the break up and oh the suspense
    Why should Peter care about the breakup with Felicia when it’s obvious Norman has his whole heart? I mean, that’s plainly a “hey u up?” conversation, all that’s missing is Pete asking if Norman wants to Netflix and chill. I hope Michelle 2.0 isn’t getting her hopes up.

Gods this run is utterly hopeless, but it’s amusing to see just how low it will go because every time I think it’s hit rock bottom, Wells punches further through the Earth’s crust.

Art is great, what a waste of Gleason’s talents.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-17-2023 at 11:17 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He's really going forward with the lawyer as the new (temporary) love interest after the way he wrote off MJ and Felicia. Carlie Cooper 2.0 is here.

(This run is way too terrible for Gleason's art.)
    I bet she is going to get hurt by Kraven and now Peter is going to be all mad because him being Spider-Man got someone hurt. And then Kraven drives the spear into him and transfers Normans sins to Peter creating Spider-Goblin.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I bet she is going to get hurt by Kraven and now Peter is going to be all mad because him being Spider-Man got someone hurt. And then Kraven drives the spear into him and transfers Normans sins to Peter creating Spider-Goblin.
    Wells has two modes when it comes to depicting to women: she’s either going to be a damsel shaped object to cause Peter pain or she’s going to be a heartless villain-shaped object to cause Peter pain. Either way, she won’t be a character.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

BANNED

This. I highly doubt this woman is a love-interest, since Wells has demonstrated neither the interest nor the talent to write romances this entire run. She's there purely to set Peter off, which speaks a good deal about how this writer views women in fiction.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Why should Peter care about the breakup with Felicia when it’s obvious Norman has his whole heart? I mean, that’s plainly a “hey u up?” conversation, all that’s missing is Pete asking if Norman wants to Netflix and chill. I hope Michelle 2.0 isn’t getting her hopes up.

Gods this run is utterly hopeless, but it’s amusing to see just how low it will go because every time I think it’s hit rock bottom, Wells punches further through the Earth’s crust.

Art is great, what a waste of Gleason’s talents.
    So this Peter/Felicia breakup could be a on again/off again cycle like the one Peter used to or may still have with MJ.. hope they don't ever try a threescore or an open deal that includes Paul

Mighty Member

I think Felicia will be the one who gets hurt since she is much closer to Peter than Michelle. Mj would be more likely if not for the Jackpot thing
    Last edited by rward777; 08-17-2023 at 11:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Sounds like Felicia had eyes on the lawyer too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I think Felicia will be the one who gets hurt since she is much closer to Peter than Michelle
    Or Randy/Janice they might just be at this upcoming meeting here.

Wasn't Michelle Gonzalez a lawyer? Are we sure Wells isn't bringing her back into the book?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    Or Randy/Janice they might just be at this upcoming meeting here.
    More likely Randy if that is the case

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Wasn't Michelle Gonzalez a lawyer? Are we sure Wells isn't bringing her back into the book?
    Yes she was.

And no, this is a different female lawyer named Michele. One “L” so you know it’s totally different.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Yes she was.

And no, this is a different female lawyer named Michele. One “L” so you know it’s totally different.
    I mean characters still fresh, maybe there is some other development on her. It would be funny is she was Trapstr, but we will have to see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Wouldn’t Peter recognize her if she were Michelle Gonzalez?

This run is such a copy pasta of BND, they’re not even attempting to hide it. They resurrected Jackpot, now they’re resurrected Michel(l)e who is a no-fun lawyer, and Wells used Mark Waid’s “Platonic” story in ASM 583 almost beat for beat in ASM 31, swapping out Betty’s birthday party for Randy’s bachelor party. One could argue that Norman is talking the place of Harry as Pete’s bestie. There’s even a female goblin, only instead of being Harry’s fiancée who found journals and absorbed Goblin chemicals, this one just got the “sins” injected straight into her. But as others pointed out, BND had its merits. This is just thin, not very well thought out copy pasta.

(Also, just realized Wells killed off a seven-year-old child named Stephanie in Carnage USA….)

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-17-2023 at 11:58 AM.

— Stan Lee