Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    The bar is so Lowe that nothing they do could surprise me.
    LOL! And they keep going back to the same poisoned Wells they always have. They should realize the water there hasn't gotten any less stagnant in all this time.

When will Kafka's suffering end? Now we've got messed up clone hook ups.

I'm glad we got to have that break up between Peter and Felicia so Peter could immediately move onto some rando girl of the week they just introduced and make Felicia the "checked in expecting you to be depressed because I broke up with you and am now jealous that you're barely wasting any time moving on" girl. In nothing but a towel.

Also just what are the chances they would come up with another lawyer character named Michelle? I have my doubts Wells plans for her to be a serious love interest but judging by how Wells wrote her she'll probably be some no-nonsense unfun type who contrasts with how much of a hot mess Peter is hoping sparks fly. Totally what this book needs!

I doubt she's supposed to be related to either Michelle. She looked white at that bachelorette party.

Fantastic Member

I love how no one is talking about the goblin sex making the sins spear, its honestly kind of funny too. Literally the hardest kraven sex metaphor i've seen.
    Last edited by Matt14teg; 08-17-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Mighty Member

I don’t believe the Michele things will go anywhere. I just…I can’t believe he’d be that clueless. Despite what I’m about to type.

The interaction with Felicia Bothers me and I’ve been thinking about it for half an hour trying to figure out why. Part of it is just that I don’t know who this character is or what she wants. She wanted Peter and to have fun. Well she dumped Peter for….reasons. And now we’ve got her going around checking on Peter and MJ both playing this role of Mother hen. Now, there’s nothing wrong with being a mother hen, but….since when does that fit Felicia? Like I know this is becoming common but she feels way out of character to me. It’s not a destructive as Peter or dear god MJ’s OOC behavior, it’s not really destructive at all. But it’s…still not right?

But that’s not really enough. There was more to it than that. And then for a moment I thought it was that everyone was too well adjusted? Like they broke up but it was healthy and so no one was hurt and they’re still friends. And that’s kind of true but then it finally clicked, no one cares. Like it’s been bothering me since Dead Language, obviously, but tons of characters in this run just don’t have any real emotion. What do they want? Nothing. What are they doing to try and get it? Nothing. All are just intrusments of the plot, not characters that have their own motivations and desires, and the characters themselves feel uninvested in their own lives as a result.

Love of your life betrays you and leaves you for another guy? Eh, no worries, nothing matters it’ll be something else soon.
    Man steals love of your life? Eh he’s ok he’s not gonna last anyway.
    Above two but instead of f it happening to you it happens to someone you’re supposed to love? Eh, I may as well be their friend and work with one to make a super suit for the other because the plot says she’s gonna need it.
    Girlfriend breaks up with me? Eh, whatever, it was only temporary anyway.
    Gonna reveal your identity to some random other super hero? Eh might as well joke about that dying kid I revealed my identity to.

Like 90% of the time these people don’t care about anything that’s happening in their own life. Every once in a while we have to remind people this is an NTR storyline and Peter is sad about MJ but usually he’s just fine with everything because the plot wants to talk about something else. There’s no passsion or real emotion or care. The people are literally just toys that do what the plot calls for and act as their told. It makes even the character moments feel hollow, because they don’t’ feel like they’re backed up by anything real. Why is Felicia calling him to check up? Why is she a mother hen all of a sudden? Why isn’t Peter more depressed? Is he supposed to be (hence he’s working all the time)? What does he want at this point? Why am I asking what the main character of this book wants? This book feels lost.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I bet she is going to get hurt by Kraven and now Peter is going to be all mad because him being Spider-Man got someone hurt. And then Kraven drives the spear into him and transfers Normans sins to Peter creating Spider-Goblin.
    If I had any faith in their storytelling with Felicia I'd have said they look like they're playing the long game with Felicia and Peter here and that things will happen that pull them closer and wanting to be in a more serious relationship and not 'through the motions'.

But I've found that depending on such things only leads to disappointment. And MARVEL isn't going to do that because they don't want to 'tie Peter up' long term it seems.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    If I had any faith in their storytelling with Felicia I'd have said they look like they're playing the long game with Felicia and Peter here and that things will happen that pull them closer and wanting to be in a more serious relationship and not 'through the motions'.

But I've found that depending on such things only leads to disappointment. And MARVEL isn't going to do that because they don't want to 'tie Peter up' long term it seems.
    If this is her only appearance in this arc, then yeah those suspicions are probably more than correct.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    LOL! And they keep going back to the same poisoned Wells they always have. They should realize the water there hasn't gotten any less stagnant in all this time.
    I see no Gleason to keep doing that

If they're not pulling any real long game with MJ, they're not pulling one with Felicia. Insert jealous ex moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    <Snip>and make Felicia the "checked in expecting you to be depressed because I broke up with you and am now jealous that you're barely wasting any time moving on" girl. In nothing but a towel.
    I laughed at the stupidity of that. "Gee, here I am getting out of the shower, brushing my teeth and... HOLY &@#^@ I NEED TO CALL PETER RIGHT NOW!!!!"

Couldn't let the opportunity for fan-service of scantily-clad jealous hot-chick go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    If this is her only appearance in this arc, then yeah those suspicions are probably more than correct.
    Yeah if this was all leading to Randy and Janice having a moment when Janice realizes that her supervillain ways aren't coinciding with Randy and that maybe changing from this path IS going to help their relationship and that him trying to change her showed he cared, but her actually deciding to change showed how much she cared. And then maybe Felicia would realize that her not trying to corrupt Peter, or Peter not trying to stop her from stealing was actually a good sign and showing how far they had come, and she was scared. But that this experience showed them both how much they had grown together, but that she wants to give it a real go, not through the motions but giving it a real shot and putting an actual name on their relationship and Peter agreeing. Leading to them getting a real 'serious' run at being together.

IF I thought that MARVEL was going towards that direction with long term booking, I'd be excited. But I don't get the feeling that's what they're doing. That there's not going to be a lesson in Janice and Randy's relationship that shows that their relationship was toxic and the one Peter and Felicia were building wasn't and was the right way to do things, or that the way Peter and Felicia communicate is the way Janice and Randy wish they could have. If this was leading to ALL OF THAT and being one big storyline towards Peter and Felicia taking a serious go at it.. I'd be happy. But I know that they likely aren't doing that.

I'd sooner believe that Felicia's going to swoop in and try to sweep the Lawyer off her feet than I'd believe that they're going to use this as a story to show that Janice needs to grow and change her ways to prove she loves Randy as much as she says she does especially to keep him out of danger with the life she was trying to live while dating him and it making Felicia and Peter realize that the reason they didn't try corrupting or reforming one another was because they were beyond that, they were in a place that Randy and Janice are hoping to reach one day and they need to take it seriously. The former is FAR MORE LIKELY to happen than the latter. That's the frustrating thing. But it's the reality.

Mighty Member

More like Felicia dumped Peter to get him to fight harder for jer

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they're not pulling any real long game with MJ, they're not pulling one with Felicia. Insert jealous ex moment.
    That's what blows me away about this run. The way Wells has treated MJ and Felicia has been awful. Is the audience supposed to be excited about the potential of this new love interest after that? I just do not understand what anyone involved with this is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's what blows me away about this run. The way Wells has treated MJ and Felicia has been awful. Is the audience supposed to be excited about the potential of this new love interest after that? I just do not understand what anyone involved with this is thinking.
    Wasn't there an interview with Wells at one point where he said something along the lines of, "It's fun to watch Pete and Felicia in a relationship. With him trying to keep up with her. Lots of possibilities there"? Something close to that.

If I'm not misremembering then, what happened to that plan because other than the Shocker scene we didn't get aaaannnnyyy of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You know that thing where Soap Operas create this amazing climactic moment where two people 'get together' like they run at each other on the beach and then start kissing or making out and you think "Oh nice! They're together."

And then it cuts to commercial.

And then when it comes back to commercial they're standing normally as if they didn't just kiss and one asks "What are you doing here?" And they proceed to have a normal conversation and nothing comes of what you saw prior to the commercial break?

That's this run in that aspect

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Wasn't there an interview with Wells at one point where he said something along the lines of, "It's fun to watch Pete and Felicia in a relationship. With him trying to keep up with her. Lots of possibilities there"? Something close to that.

If I'm not misremembering then, what happened to that plan because other than the Shocker scene we didn't get aaaannnnyyy of that.
    Turns out he couldn't keep up and she's mad that he wasn't sad as he was with the MJ split and she's just another girl he dated