Default Predator VS Wolverine Writer Takes Icons on Historic Hunt

A couple of Predator vs Wolverine related items...

Predator VS Wolverine Writer Takes Icons on Historic Hunt
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...nt/ar-AA1fmFIQ

Looks like this will span Logan's early years as a feral young man, his time with Team X doing wetworks for the CIA, his time as Weapon X and his time in Madripoor as Wolverine. With multiple Predators but one in particular hunting him across all of these time periods. I seriously hope that after that Predator encounters him as Weapon X, he seeks out some adamantium of his own for his armor and weapons to make it more of a fight. Otherwise Logan ought to mop the floor with him honestly.

Marvel Previews Predator vs. Wolverine

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...erine-preview/

As someone who loved the original Predator film and loves Wolverine, this one is pretty cool to me. I've wanted to see it ever since I read the Batman vs Predator series (illustrated by Andy Kubert) back in the 90s.

The best part? If you're not into it, you can easily skip it. If you are, you can buy it and enjoy it. Win-win.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A couple of Predator vs Wolverine related items...

Predator VS Wolverine Writer Takes Icons on Historic Hunt
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...nt/ar-AA1fmFIQ

Looks like this will span Logan's early years as a feral young man, his time with Team X doing wetworks for the CIA, his time as Weapon X and his time in Madripoor as Wolverine. With multiple Predators but one in particular hunting him across all of these time periods. I seriously hope that after that Predator encounters him as Weapon X, he seeks out some adamantium of his own for his armor and weapons to make it more of a fight. Otherwise Logan ought to mop the floor with him honestly.

Marvel Previews Predator vs. Wolverine

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...erine-preview/

As someone who loved the original Predator film and loves Wolverine, this one is pretty cool to me. I've wanted to see it ever since I read the Batman vs Predator series (illustrated by Andy Kubert) back in the 90s.

The best part? If you're not into it, you can easily skip it. If you are, you can buy it and enjoy it. Win-win.
    I am definitely in. Even the last Predator movie on hulu was pretty good.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

I thought so too. Went in with low expectations for ‘Prey’ but really enjoyed it.

Well, at least this might be a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought so too. Went in with low expectations for ‘Prey’ but really enjoyed it.
    "Prey" was absolutely brilliant. One of my favorite genre movie in years.

Astonishing Member

Not to be overly negative, but the premise doesn't sound very exciting to me because of how these two figures are from vastly different universes with different "normalities" so that it shouldn't even be a fair competition let alone exciting.

The Predator might be a famous movie horror movie enemy, but they are still only very dangerous in the context of their universes (refering to the movies and comics).

While the movies follow an 80's action movie logic (infact the first movie uses that to increase the sense of dread) and the comics often feature a near future cyberpunk world for humanity, they are both often locked in a much stronger "realism" than anything close to the Marvel universe.

In both interpretations the Predators greatest asset are that they have a higher physical performance level than humans, advanced technologies compared to what humanity have at that time and general confusion from the people involved not being aware of an alien version of the great white hunter archetype being around.

However by the standard of the Marvel universe all of these elements are far less impressive. Take away the famous name and design and all you have a generic D-list problem by modern standards of the setting.

Here we have Wolverine, a man who can by now famously heal back in seconds from ridiculous over the top injuries, who also has a skeleton reinforced by indestructable metal, which is also used in the 6 unbreakable all cutting blades concealed in his forarms. To top it off he has super keen senses.

So this doesn't feel like a valid contest anymore. Rather like a 5 page story stretched out.

More teaser art. Looks rad…

IMG_7651.jpg

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/18/wo...ator-1-teaser/

Wonder who the additional Team X guys are besides Logan and Maverick? Neither looks like Creed. Or Wraith.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

The Girl could be Silverfox, they cut off should be Creed. The rat guy no clue. Better not be another case of they had a member you never saw before because grown. The only confirmed members were Logan Creed, Maverick Wraith Silverfox if memory serves
    X-Men Forever

I’m so hyped for this. Predator is a favorite franchise of mine and obviously Wolverine is my dude. Should be a fun violent bash.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.