Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC badly needs to get him on a proper book.
    Agreed!
    Shame that romance got broken up because of the reboot, I assume they will pair Jaime with Jenny Kord if the comics adapt her.
    But if they don't, maybe they'll hook back up .

Seems like Batman Inc, Wildcats, and Joker are all ending with issue 12.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    FYI-a LOT of other folks "Help" in the writing of that series including Marv Wolfman. So yeah tossing in his teammates in his book was going to happen.

Remember the writer is still a college student and this is his first mini series.
    FYI, if you hire someone who doesn't seem up to the task, you should expect some of the following feedback. I'm not interested in a book promoted as a solo Cyborg story where he needs his teammates' help, especially when it's limited series and not ongoing. Same way I wouldn't be if it was Raven or Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    FYI, if you hire someone who doesn't seem up to the task, you should expect some of the following feedback. I'm not interested in a book promoted as a solo Cyborg story where he needs his teammates' help, especially when it's limited series and not ongoing. Same way I wouldn't be if it was Raven or Donna.
    Yeah, it's pretty upsetting and I don't like what they're doing. The description in the Cyborg solicitation doesn't sound promising at all.

He needs help of some old friends to save the day.
    That just sounds ridiculous. Big turnoff. DC doesn't realize that this makes Cyborg look bad as a character. He deserves way better than this. He's much more than that, given the great accomplishments he achieved in the past. It's pretty insulting to the character and his fans to say the least.

Whether this is a college student or not, I put a lot of blame towards the editorial that's involved.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    When I am elected President, my first official act will be prison time, with no trial required, for anyone that releases a comic solicit or press release that contains the phrase, "And nothing will ever be the same again". Yes. Yes, it will. And now, you go to prison for 5 year.
    I'll get U.S. citizenship just to vote you!

Spectacular Member

I wish DC would do fewer $7 golden age facsimiles and more $4 silver/bronze age facsimiles.

Extraordinary Member

A few thoughts:
    • Kind of interesting that after Knight Terrors DC is going back to the Lazarus Planet one-shot tie-in approach for Beast World.
    • Batman: Off-World would interest me more if they weren't portraying it as the first time Bruce has had an alien centric adventure.
    • Somewhat interesting that Guidry tweeted out that he had already turned in all his pages in for the Superman '78 sequel before it was even announced.
    • The only thing more bizarre than the Batman/Santa Claus team-up existing in modern times and Santa being one of Bruce's mentors is that issue #1 comes with a "Rub and Smell variant" by Ben Oliver.
    • Based off the Batman and Catwoman solicits Gotham War is going to setup the new status quo with a whimper. Really tired of these "Bruce is estranged from the Batfamily / no he's not" cycles we seem to have fallen into - need new blood to come in and just tell a different type of story, like when Hickman took over the X-books and said no more stories driven off character death.
    • I really don't have much interest in the new Outsiders book, constraining the concept of Planetary within the limitations of the DCU just feels pointless, you're going to end up with subpar product that will be compared to the original.
    • Amazons Attack is another book that I don't have much interest in, feels like Campbell just wants to keep writing Mary Marvel, which she should given how enjoyable the mini was, but this is feels like the wrong place for it.
    • The Chained is a very 90s sounding villain name.
    • Feels like a decent amount of books are either ending or on the verge of ending so we should get a decent amount of fresh titles/minis in 2024.
    • The Poison Ivy Cover game continues to be strong:

• Similarly Christian Ward is really knocking it out of the park with these covers:

• Other covers I like:

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty upsetting and I don't like what they're doing. The description in the Cyborg solicitation doesn't sound promising at all.

That just sounds ridiculous. Big turnoff. DC doesn't realize that this makes Cyborg look bad as a character. He deserves way better than this. He's much more than that, given the great accomplishments he achieved in the past. It's pretty insulting to the character and his fans to say the least.

Whether this is a college student or not, I put a lot of blame towards the editorial that's involved.
    It seems like they're trying to go for a cartoon vibe by having the Titans fight the Hive Five, some of which are redesigned to look closer to their cartoon versions.

I'm sure Cyborg will be the one who eventually resolves the final conflict himself. At least if the writer knows what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    When I am elected President, my first official act will be prison time, with no trial required, for anyone that releases a comic solicit or press release that contains the phrase, "And nothing will ever be the same again". Yes. Yes, it will. And now, you go to prison for 5 year.
    You've got my vote.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.