Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Besides, you don't want a forced friendship between the two like the nauseating forced relationship between Tony Stark and Bruce Banner that exists for NO !@#$%^&* GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER! (Science Bros...blegh).
    Not for nothing, but this sort of relationship thing first started back in the Heroes Reborn universe when Iron Man was somewhat responsible for the Hulk there. Thats almost 20 years ago now.

Astonishing Member

I think that it's the lack of interest by either the writers or Editors in the Spider-Man Dept. to make Steve Rogers a reoccurring guest in Spider-Man's world.

But I feel that Peter and Steve working together could be one of the best partnerships around, alongside with the Black Widow as well. Respectively, both Natasha and Steve could had been Peter's mentors when he was starting out as Spider-Man. That would have solidified their friendship. After all, Peter was on very good terms with Daredevil and Carol Danvers(pre-Memory wipe), who are as serious as they come. But I feel that the lack of a close friendship with Captain America has more to with the notion that Peter should be a loner, which is very ironic since Captain America and the Black Widow are loners as well, which could have worked out in their favor as they would have a lot to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that it's the lack of interest by either the writers or Editors in the Spider-Man Dept. to make Steve Rogers a reoccurring guest in Spider-Man's world.

But I feel that Peter and Steve working together could be one of the best partnerships around, alongside with the Black Widow as well. Respectively, both Natasha and Steve could had been Peter's mentors when he was starting out as Spider-Man. That would have solidified their friendship. After all, Peter was on very good terms with Daredevil and Carol Danvers(pre-Memory wipe), who are as serious as they come. But I feel that the lack of a close friendship with Captain America has more to with the notion that Peter should be a loner, which is very ironic since Captain America and the Black Widow are loners as well, which could have worked out in their favor as they would have a lot to talk about.
    No I disagree whole heartily with this, in universe Peter cares about his civilian friends and he kept his identity secret in order to protect them, what happened during the civil war which he and MJ remember has only harden that idea, what I want them to do is to have Spider-Man step up, starting working for SHIELD as a consultant, really live up to his potential, explore what other hero’s really think of him (younger and more experienced). Some people respect, trust and admire him now it’s time he works on others.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    No I disagree whole heartily with this, in universe Peter cares about his civilian friends and he kept his identity secret in order to protect them, what happened during the civil war which he and MJ remember has only harden that idea, what I want them to do is to have Spider-Man step up, starting working for SHIELD as a consultant, really live up to his potential, explore what other hero’s really think of him (younger and more experienced). Some people respect, trust and admire him now it’s time he works on others.
    What is this thing where lately folks look on Parker as a some sort of slacker almost?

Spider Man is one of the very few Marvel characters who A) has to work to support himself (most of the guys in super teams don't) and B) still has his civilian friends and family.

I just figure that given a choice between say leading the Avengers and doing something else, Spidey would rather go home to
    whoever his live in girlfriend is and hang out with his friends. The average super hero has no life at all outside of hanging
    with other supers.

I reject the notion that Pete should be able to both be a highly ranked hero in the hero fraternity and have his social and family connections.

I'm more interested in the idea that its not possible to do both and Pete's decided not to step up or has little interest in what it entails.

A Peter Parker waving around an Avengers or SHIELD I.D. card is about 180 degrees from what the character is supposed to be about. All respect to Slott, but...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    What is this thing where lately folks look on Parker as a some sort of slacker almost?
    I didn’t call him a slacker, I’m just saying as great as he is now he can be better under the right conditions, I never once said that it should happen its what I want because I thought they did the unmasking and never really explored it because of civil war, I just wanted it explored.

Spider Man is one of the very few Marvel characters who A) has to work to support himself (most of the guys in super teams don't) and B) still has his civilian friends and family.
    Which ones
    Carlie – Left New York after SSM 31
    Mary Jane – has decided to distance herself from him
    Liz Allan – is an enemy who helped his archrival escape
    Harry – In hiding
    Aunt May – Many people think she should be died, I just want her back with Jarvis
    So which ones Sanjani doesn’t like him and Anna Maria was the love of Otto’s time as Spider-Man.

I just figure that given a choice between say leading the Avengers and doing something else, Spidey would rather go home to
    whoever his live in girlfriend is and hang out with his friends. The average super hero has no life at all outside of hanging
    with other supers. [/Quote]
    He doesn’t have one at the moment so his live in girlfriend is out and some of his best friends are supes,
    I reject the notion that Pete should be able to both be a highly ranked hero in the hero fraternity and have his social and family connections.
    They have been others that have done it Reed Sue Tony spring to mind.

I'm more interested in the idea that its not possible to do both and Pete's decided not to step up or has little interest in what it entails.
    Then he should either move away from the avengers and dissolve all his friendships, in universe everyone sees potential and gets annoyed and as a fan I find it disrespectful

A Peter Parker waving around an Avengers or SHIELD I.D. card is about 180 degrees from what the character is supposed to be about. All respect to Slott, but...no.
    He already did the avengers card bit and as a consultant to a secret organization I doubt he would get one.
    Truth is the best policy

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    I think it's more of an annoyance that Peter hasn't stepped up to lead the Hero community in the way that Steve knows he can. Steve probably see's him as a future leader of the Avengers and is probably getting tired of waiting for Peter to realize it. More often then not the younger heroes coming through now cite Spider-Man as the reason they donned the tights, Steve knows how inspirational Peter is to the Hero community and wants him to "step up". It's a little like how someone (I forget who) mentioned that Peter's IQ and grades in school were comparable to Reed Richards (when Reed was in school) but then, despite occasionally showing his brilliance, he never utilized his gifts the way Richards, Stark or Pym have.

Peter has the admiration and respect of the hero community and especially Steve Rogers, they're all just waiting for him to realize it.
    Honestly not sure I could have put it better.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Same reason Peter Parker should not have a super-model for a wife.
    Bad Editing?

BANNED

I remember a scene from Punisher War Zone where Spidey told the other Avengers that Frank Castle was a problem and that they should take him down. Everyone treated the idea as a joke and laughed at him, but Steve was the one person who was on Spidey's side and actually agreed with him.

Fantastic Member

Good point. They are cut from the same cloth.

Perhaps some kind of What If story, will address this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Why would he have? Steve's a globe-trotting Captain, while Pete's a mainly NY-based vigilante. And even though they've rubbed shoulders, the sliding time-scale dictates that the two really wouldn't have a terribly close relationship anyhow. Besides, you don't want a forced friendship between the two like the nauseating forced relationship between Tony Stark and Bruce Banner that exists for NO !@#$%^&* GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER! (Science Bros...blegh).
    Because they are both marvels big good heroes? Also I agree with volcanik.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it looks like we may have some interesting Steve and Peter moments given that they appear to be two of the few heroes unaffected by Axis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I remember a scene from Punisher War Zone where Spidey told the other Avengers that Frank Castle was a problem and that they should take him down. Everyone treated the idea as a joke and laughed at him, but Steve was the one person who was on Spidey's side and actually agreed with him.
    I thought that the Black Widow also took him seriously as well, in addition to Steve.

BANNED

Peter should logically be Steve's go to guy and best friend in modern 616. It just a matter of simple elements that make sense, they are truly incorruptible and pure human men, goody two shoes with the zest for justice and peace. Peter is friends with celebrities, lawyers, reality warpers and heroic killers but he's not besties with the worlds living American dream and the face of heroes? Bull ass ****. Peter being a paranoid goofy nerd manchild shouldn't get in the way of that nor it shouldn't correlate on how much he needs to be relateable, under the radar and a everyman because one of the other overlaps regardless and Steve was technically iike Peter before the super solider serum and war.

Steve and Peter would be the greatest friendship in a fictional comicbook, more so than Superman and Batman.