Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Guessing Metallo’s motivation will be a mix of mainline Metallo’s xenophobia and Venditti making him into the Soviet counterpart super patriot for the “American Way”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Guessing Metallo’s motivation will be a mix of mainline Metallo’s xenophobia and Venditti making him into the Soviet counterpart super patriot for the “American Way”.
    They gonna Ivan Drago him, lol. Then Supes will have his Rocky IV speech that ends the Cold War.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Now I'm also being reminded of Red Son. It always comes back to Russia .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    They gonna Ivan Drago him, lol. Then Supes will have his Rocky IV speech that ends the Cold War.
    That was exactly my thought! Get Jimmy a birthday robot!

Horrible title aside, I'll really look forward to this. The quality of the last series was a genuine shock to me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    That was exactly my thought! Get Jimmy a birthday robot!

Horrible title aside, I'll really look forward to this. The quality of the last series was a genuine shock to me.
    Clearly, the robot would fall in love with Jimmy (a la Paulie), lol.

I’m not generally one to love nostalgia for nostalgia sake alone, but yeah, the first season was flippin’ great. Personally, I wasn’t expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I did. Def looking forward to this.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

SUPERMAN ’78: THE METAL CURTAIN #3

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art and cover by GAVIN GUIDRY

Variant cover by TOM REILLY

1:25 variant cover by DANNY EARLS

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/2/24

Superman is in bad shape after the beating he took from Metallo, but questions need answers. How did the Russians build his suit, and where did his Kryptonite come from? And when it comes to getting answers, the Man of Steel knows just who to turn to: intrepid reporter Lois Lane!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Superman ’78: The Metal Curtain #1 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Gavin Guidry

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The art style isn't all the different from the first one. Also, is that Bizzarro world they just passed?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The art style isn't all the different from the first one. Also, is that Bizzarro world they just passed?
    Sure looks like it!

Man, dialogue and action spot on yet again. Of course Lois is there as it happens!

That Kryptonite meteor landing in Russia is like a reverse Red Son.

I wonder if they're going to bring in General Lane with Lois investigating the military and the Iron Curtain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess Venditti's still got some fondness for Hal .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Kryptonite meteor landing in Russia is like a reverse Red Son.

I wonder if they're going to bring in General Lane with Lois investigating the military and the Iron Curtain?

Guess Venditti's still got some fondness for Hal .
    I’m assuming that’s Sam Lane beneath Lois on the cover for the first issue in the OP, if it’s not a Soviet General. Venditti used him as an antagonist in his MoT stories, I’d welcome seeing him use Sam in a similar role here too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My understanding is that Lois being an Army brat was a post-Crisis idea but as far as I remember, the movies didn't go into a lot of detail about her history.
    Assassinate Putin!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As of 1978 he was still a watered down Jon Kent lol. But there's nothing surprising about the possibility of maybe going to military Sam
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

interesting. hopefully these arcs will continue. how many more classic villains have yet to be introduced?