Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No Donner apparently had his own pitch for Superman III that involved Brainiac.
    This one, but I think he was already out before pitching any story to the producers:

"Well, Brainiac. There was a little bit of Brainiac that was going to be in it, but no. Tom and I had some really great thoughts. Because he was also a good director. And what we were going to do was, we would write the next one [II] and I would direct that, and we’d do the third one and Tom would direct that. And so on, for as long as it lasted. But the producers [Alexander and Ilya Salkind] didn’t see our relationship to the films as we did, so I was not brought back.

Well, one of the villains, yes. I mean, I felt there was a different way of approaching it, but the intellect of Brainiac was very exciting."

https://heroichollywood.com/superman...rainiac-films/

Makes sense, I mean he was the second biggest Superman villain for ages, if anything it’s a shocker it’s taken until (possibly, if the rumors are legit) Legacy for him to be used on the big screen.
    Yeah, Zod/Braniac/Lex are the ones that keep being planned as main villains for every new adaptations but Brainy is the only one so far that didn't made into the big screen because everything he is written in gets cancelled. Dude is cursed lol.

At least we got a great live-action Brainiac in Krypton...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least we got a great live-action Brainiac in Krypton...
    Which is why the movies have no excuse for not using him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think they wanted to but couldn't get Reeves likeness approved. I would have called it Superman '55 to go along with the double year theme they had going. But the Reeve version is probably better known.
    Definitely agree on the double number thing, Superman '55. I had also heard that there was a problem that George Reeves didn't leave an estate so some relative could suddenly appear and claim they have the rights. Then, it's into a lawsuit over a comic that would have very little profit to begin with.
    Power with Girl is better.

Also concept art for a cover inspired by the posters:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Lexcorp doesn't exist in the Donnerverse. He was literally living in the sewer in the first movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Lexcorp doesn't exist in the Donnerverse. He was literally living in the sewer in the first movie.
    Tessmacher sure wasn't impressed with the living arrangements.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Lex could’ve created it in the gap between the first volume of ‘78 and The Metal Curtain. Looking forward to seeing what Lex’s status quo is nowadays.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Did we ever figure out the exact placement in the timeline these books take place? Someone suggested the first one was between the first and second movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Did we ever figure out the exact placement in the timeline these books take place? Someone suggested the first one was between the first and second movies.
    The first one was actually between II and III according to Venditti: https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...05942879715330

No idea about the 2nd book.

Astonishing Member

Any sign of Supergirl in these?

Despite her movie being a bomb, I think there was a lot of potential in a Superman/Supergirl pairing. Reeves should have made a cameo in her movie which could have lead into a big action Brainiac/City of Kandor movie featuring both characters. It certainly would have been better than the Nuclear Man movie. I read that Reeves was annoyed with how Superman III turned out (and I don't blame him!). So despite initially being on board to appear in Supergirl, he backed out.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

Despite her movie being a bomb, I think there was a lot of potential in a Superman/Supergirl pairing. Reeves should have made a cameo in her movie which could have lead into a big action Brainiac/City of Kandor movie featuring both characters. It certainly would have been better than the Nuclear Man movie. I read that Reeves was annoyed with how Superman III turned out (and I don't blame him!). So despite initially being on board to appear in Supergirl, he backed out.
    Nothing thus far indicates Kara is a thing. If Venditti was going to use her I think he would have done so alongside Brainiac showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

If she ever shows up, my guess is it will be towards the end as a "tease" for the next volume.
    Assassinate Putin!

I guess this confirms that it takes place between the second and third movies.
    Assassinate Putin!