Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You mean Nuclear Man 1? That is a bit of info few people know about.
    No clue what you mean, enlighten me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No clue what you mean, enlighten me.
    From memery, originally in the story of Superman 4, there were two Nuclear men. The first one who was early defeated had an skin tone and haircut than resembled a little to Bizarro (it was also a very 80s haircut). This prototype Nuclear Man would be previous to the improved version than everyone knows. However these scenes of Nuclear Man 1 were cut out of the final version and never was seen in cinnemas. But several magazines mentioned two nuclear men in the movie.

EDIT: I was searcghing for an image and found some of the deleted scenes. You have been warned:

Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-13-2023 at 11:06 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

From memery, originally in the story of Superman 4, there were two Nuclear men. The first one who was early defeated had an skin tone and haircut than resembled a little to Bizarro (it was also a very 80s haircut). This prototype Nuclear Man would be previous to the improved version than everyone knows. However these scenes of Nuclear Man 1 were cut out of the final version and never was seen in cinnemas. But several magazines mentioned two nuclear men in the movie.

EDIT: I was searcghing for an image and found some of the deleted scenes. You have been warned:

thanks. I’ll always remember Jon Cryer sharing how he was so excited to be cast for Superman IV and Chris Reeve basically took him aside and let him know the movie was going to suck.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Naked surplus Nuclear Man goes right to the top of the list of things I didn't expect to see this week.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Looks like things get tense and emotional.

wow. I think the box office would have been even worse had this been included. sheesh.

Extraordinary Member

Superman ’78: The Metal Curtain #3 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Gavin Guidry

That debut was inevitable.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    wow. I think the box office would have been even worse had this been included. sheesh.
    I think it would be called Buttzarro.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That was a good introduction.
    Assassinate Putin!

I love how we got two great instances of Clark meeting Lois' dad in the same year .

I found interesting how Sam Lane has grow in presence in the Superman books.

I found interesting how Sam Lane has grow in presence in the Superman books.
    In a series that puts as much emphasis on fathers as Superman does (both Clark and Lex’s fathers have shaped their character) it was inevitable that Lois’ father would likewise eventually get fleshed out. I’m glad for it, I like Sam as an antagonist to Clark, it makes him a good foil for the “good dads” of Pa and Jor.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-02-2024 at 12:52 PM.

Sam was pretty present late Post-Crisis and early New 52.