Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Santa Claus: Silent Knight by Jeff Parker and Michele Bandini

BATMAN – SANTA CLAUS: SILENT KNIGHT #1
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    Variant cover by OTTO SCHMIDT
    1:25 variant cover by TONY SHASTEEN
    1:50 variant cover by DAN MORA
    Rub and Smell variant cover by BEN OLIVER ($5.99 US)
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 4 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 12/5/23
    SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!

The four-part crossover event of a generation begins when a not-so-jolly St. Nick hits Gotham City to investigate a brutal crime in the days leading up to Christmas…What manner of man or beast could have committed such atrocities?! With the help of his former student, Batman, Santa will team up with the heroes of the DC Universe to right this wrong—or the world wakes up to coal in their stockings! A brutal, two-fisted holiday tale of hope, wonder, and monster hunting is the perfect treat to ring in the holidays—it’s Claus in canon!

Extraordinary Member

Jeff Parker! Christmas Zatanna !

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Not the first time Dan Mora's redesigned Santa .

Looks like we're getting more getting more adventures of Bruce and Damian teaming back up as Batman and Robin that's not just in B&R. I might have to pick this up, at least the first issue.

I wonder if the villian is the krampus.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This looks awesome!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

Hmm. I was really hoping that there'd be more positive and uplifting Batman stories during the Christmas/Holiday issues. I can't stand too much dark stuff these days. Can't any of the writers look back at the seasonal issues of the early seventies.

==jthree

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

**** it, I am all in on this. Crossbow wielding Daddy Santa FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Hmm. I was really hoping that there'd be more positive and uplifting Batman stories during the Christmas/Holiday issues. I can't stand too much dark stuff these days.
    The main Batman Xmas issue I think of is 1979's Batman #309, which starred a suicidal woman being defended by Blockbuster who ends up (seemingly) drowning in an iced over river. Full of Xmas cheer! Lol.

Can't any of the writers look back at the seasonal issues of the early seventies.
    Someone like Waid could definitely pull it off, and the cultural zeitgeist suggests younger readers would actually buy an affirming, genuine holiday tale (as long as it's not too simple or preachy).

I wonder if DC should try printing up a nice holiday special anthology in the same vein as this year's Pride book. That sold well and was full of decent little stories.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Hmm. I was really hoping that there'd be more positive and uplifting Batman stories during the Christmas/Holiday issues. I can't stand too much dark stuff these days. Can't any of the writers look back at the seasonal issues of the early seventies.

==jthree
    This looks more fun than dark.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    **** it, I am all in on this. Crossbow wielding Daddy Santa FTW!

The main Batman Xmas issue I think of is 1979's Batman #309, which starred a suicidal woman being defended by Blockbuster who ends up (seemingly) drowning in an iced over river. Full of Xmas cheer! Lol.

Someone like Waid could definitely pull it off, and the cultural zeitgeist suggests younger readers would actually buy an affirming, genuine holiday tale (as long as it's not too simple or preachy).

I wonder if DC should try printing up a nice holiday special anthology in the same vein as this year's Pride book. That sold well and was full of decent little stories.
    I used to love the holiday anthologies that DC used to put out in the late 2000's.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

Wish they'd put out an annual collection of classic Christmas stories. DC did one trade paperback, but I wish they would do more. Love reading seasonal comic book stories I've missed.

--jthree

Extraordinary Member

Batman / Santa Claus: Silent Knight #1 Preview
    Writer: Jeff Parker
    Artist: Michele Bandini

definitely picking this up!