Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought it was a young Robin Williams. Due to Robin being attached to play the Riddler in Batman Forever, but left the project due to a disagreement with Joel Schumacher. Robin even stated that he was looking at the role of Riddler in a 1993 interview after he got snubbed to play the Joker by Jack Nicholson. He apparently was campaigning to play the Riddler for the Nolan trilogy, as well. But, again, he didn't get the role.
    Additionally, here's a telling quote from William's himself: "I would work with Chris (Nolan) again in a second, playing anyone in anything. I'd play The Riddler in the next Batman, although it'd be hard to top Heath as the villain, and I'm a little hairy for tights. [...] I'm using this article as an ad. Chris, call me, I'll do anything. I could be a great character — or some weird little man in the background in Arkham Asylum." I have no doubt that this is Robin, finally getting his Batman role after all these years of trying.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1282162/ro...stopher-nolan/
    end of spoilers
    That would make sense, but it really has the likeness and build of Martin Short. My mind immediately went to him when I saw it. Maybe they couldn't use the other actor for legal reasons or they just found it in poor taste?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That would make sense, but it really has the likeness and build of Martin Short. My mind immediately went to him when I saw it. Maybe they couldn't use the other actor for legal reasons or they just found it in poor taste?
    Batman 89 had Prince as one of Joker's goons.

Bigmouth on Netflix a sex comedy cartoon got Louis Armstrong as a ghost.

They could have done a generic Robin Williams like they did in DC's Star Trek run. Where you could TELL it was someone but it really wasn't. I think Kristie Alley was the hardest one to sneak into that book according to one of the series artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Batman 89 had Prince as one of Joker's goons.

Bigmouth on Netflix a sex comedy cartoon got Louis Armstrong as a ghost.

They could have done a generic Robin Williams like they did in DC's Star Trek run. Where you could TELL it was someone but it really wasn't. I think Kristie Alley was the hardest one to sneak into that book according to one of the series artist.
    Then maybe they felt it was in poor taste. Who knows? But it's clearly drawn to be Martin Short.

Mighty Member

Especially since apparently WB teased Robin Williams for the role twice without committing, which led to bad blood between them.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022