Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman '89: Echoes

Both Superman and Batman are getting sequels to their movie comics !

Is that Harley in the background?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If the other story didn't feel thin, I'd be more likely to read if it's not bundled with that Superman 78
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Scarecrow! Cool .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Who is Crane supposed to be? Doesn't really look like Depp, who the outfit looks based on (Sleepy Hollow).

At least its not Travolta. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The last series started off OK, but kind of spiraled downhill. Passing on this.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I think the Keaton likeness is better than the last series, but I'm not sure if the Scarecrow really looks Tim Burton-ish enough.

Mighty Member

I was wondering if we'd get a sequel since Superman '78's sequel was softly confirmed in the trade, but this wasn't even though it had stronger sales. The last series was plagued by delays due to COVID, so I hope that's not the case here. I'm digging the Scarecrow/Crane designs, though I'm not sure about Bruce's new haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Who is Crane supposed to be? Doesn't really look like Depp, who the outfit looks based on (Sleepy Hollow).

At least its not Travolta. Lol.
    It looks like a younger Jeff Goldblum.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It looks like a younger Jeff Goldblum.
    I can see that, I think you're right.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Sign me up! Really looking forward to this!
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The last series started off OK, but kind of spiraled downhill. Passing on this.
    My main problem with the last one is that I no way believed it was a continuation of Batman/Returns. It never seemed like those characters. Very little of the writing or feel was close to Burton's films, if anything it was closer to Schumacher's.

The scarecrow at one point was rumored to have been played by Jeff Goldblum back in the 90s and that's kind of what looks like this version is based on.

As much as I love the Batman 89 Keaton movie I really didn't care for the comic book follow-up released a couple of years ago.

Was I the only one who didn't like it?

I know this is off topic but I thought the artwork for Superman 78 was terrible. I loved the story of the artwork field to capture the essence of the movie in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Joe Quinones is teasing his design for Harley Quinn.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022